Nature
Follow This Easy Process To Get Started Playing Alamaze
Step #1 - Register for Forum Account      Step #2 - Create New Player Account      Step #3 - Sign In  (to issue turn orders and join games)
ATTENTION: After Creating Player Account and Signing In, select the GAME QUEUE link in the Order System screen to Create or Join games.
Alamaze Website                 Search Forum              Contact Support@Alamaze.net

Player Aids             Rulebook             Spellbook             Help Guides             Kingdom Set-Ups             Kingdom Abbreviations             Valhalla             Discord

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So it sounds like a Kingdom receiving duplicate short names is technically possible, even if unlikely? Thanks!

thought I add to this, 2 priest gave me short name to same artifact on same turn.  And it was same artifact name I got the turn before. So it is random.  To sum it up 3 (790 orders) priest divine (1) short name.  

Keys now reveal short name of the quest artifact, and vice versa.  High Priestess death has been reduced. We stopped HP's from divining portals.

High Priestesses no longer reveal the name of already possessed artifacts (at least in the new platform).

We still have the problem of 2 HP ordered to divine the same artifact class might reveal the same artifact.

There is more to come in refining the High Priestess in future editions.

In the regular game HPs still divine short names for artifacts you already own. Just for clarity. I lost a Consul doing just that in the first and only time I will ever use one for divination. The irony is that the short name was for the Altar of the Old Gods which was being held in the same town he was in. I lost an HP in the same town on the same turn as well! 

That is three HPs and a Consul lost in two or three turns.
 Lord Diamond

Please do not take any of my comments as a personal insult or as a criticism of the game 'Alamaze', which I very much enjoy. Rather, I hope that my personal insight and unique perspective may, in some way, help make 'Alamaze' more fun, a more successful financial venture, or simply more sustainable as a long-term project. Anyone who reads this post should feel completely free to ignore, disregard, scorn, implement, improve, dispute, or otherwise comment upon its content.

I have had similar experience.  Both Cipher and Mike insist HP fatality is working as designed, but I want to change it in 3rd Cycle, if not before.  I am not sure where Cipher is with not divining your own artifacts in the Classic platform.

Just a quick note with the new software. Last week, I changed the random number generator code to use the more secure random generator method (used for cryptography in computers). This will provide a greater spread of random numbers being generated and is the best that Java can provide (albeit slower speed). Games 32, 166, and 300 are now at this improved version which should result in fewer HP deaths and other matters.

About order 790, the new code checks if you possess the artifact and will re-roll for a different one. However, there are a limited number of artifacts in a given class. So if you divine for KING artifacts and you already own the Crown of Anzu and Staff of the Great Orator (with the various keys already consumed in the game), you'll only get the Staff of Disdain no matter how many times you divine for them. Artifacts may also be destroyed in the Fire of the Void as well as being "lost in the realm" (as described in the game 300 forum thread) which will also limit the possible results with the divine.

(02-22-2015, 02:25 PM)unclemike Wrote: Just a quick note with the new software. Last week, I changed the random number generator code to use the more secure random generator method (used for cryptography in computers). This will provide a greater spread of random numbers being generated and is the best that Java can provide (albeit slower speed). Games 32, 166, and 300 are now at this improved version which should result in fewer HP deaths and other matters.

About order 790, the new code checks if you possess the artifact and will re-roll for a different one. However, there are a limited number of artifacts in a given class. So if you divine for KING artifacts and you already own the Crown of Anzu and Staff of the Great Orator (with the various keys already consumed in the game), you'll only get the Staff of Disdain no matter how many times you divine for them. Artifacts may also be destroyed in the Fire of the Void as well as being "lost in the realm" (as described in the game 300 forum thread) which will also limit the possible results with the divine.

Aren't all the Keys considered King artifacts as well?
 Lord Diamond

Please do not take any of my comments as a personal insult or as a criticism of the game 'Alamaze', which I very much enjoy. Rather, I hope that my personal insight and unique perspective may, in some way, help make 'Alamaze' more fun, a more successful financial venture, or simply more sustainable as a long-term project. Anyone who reads this post should feel completely free to ignore, disregard, scorn, implement, improve, dispute, or otherwise comment upon its content.

Keys are in the King class as of today.  I plan on changing that so the key is in the class of the quest artifact it is key to.  So, the Key of the Maker that is required to recover The Ring of Power will move to Wizard class, for example.  This likely will happen in the new platform beginning with the next games forming.  I just think this makes more sense. 

(02-22-2015, 10:27 PM)Ry Vor Wrote: Keys are in the King class as of today.  I plan on changing that so the key is in the class of the quest artifact it is key to.  So, the Key of the Maker that is required to recover The Ring of Power will move to Wizard class, for example.  This likely will happen in the new platform beginning with the next games forming.  I just think this makes more sense. 

It works for me. I am concerned that there will only be three King artifacts, making them all pretty easy to divine and find. 

I would like to see more quest artifacts. It would be nice for the 'Keys' to be useful in tneir own right. For example, the Key of the Maker might perform an 888 order on its own location every turn. Or the Key of the Staff might give a group holding it a bonus to 170/171 orders. 
 Lord Diamond