Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unusual Sightings
Another question about unusual sightings...if you issue order 139 so a wizard can help with the US, can the wizard still cast a spell in addition to helping with the US?
(04-23-2014, 03:50 PM)Destitute Noble Wrote: Another question about unusual sightings...if you issue order 139 so a wizard can help with the US, can the wizard still cast a spell in addition to helping with the US?

I think I tried that and it did not work. It reported the wizard had already taken an action.
(10-29-2013, 11:40 AM)VballMichael Wrote: Can an emissary, or a group, or a PC have more than one artifact? My group just found one and is about to investigate for another.

I just learn you can even stack the same effect. Like ring of power and ring of spells for +2 levels.
(04-23-2014, 03:50 PM)Destitute Noble Wrote: Another question about unusual sightings...if you issue order 139 so a wizard can help with the US, can the wizard still cast a spell in addition to helping with the US?

No. That is the sole action for the wizard on that turn.
(04-28-2014, 07:40 AM)wfrankenhoff Wrote:

No. That is the sole action for the wizard on that turn.

Considering the changes with the chance for leader promotion by combat will the chance for leader promotion remain the same for successful artifact recovery in the future?

Does that make it a more attractive activity for kingdoms that want to advance leaders?
[/quote]

Considering the changes with the chance for leader promotion by combat will the chance for leader promotion remain the same for successful artifact recovery in the future?

Does that make it a more attractive activity for kingdoms that want to advance leaders?
[/quote]

Yes, more like Fall of Rome, the best chance percentage wise for leader promotion is a successful encounter at an unusual sighting.

Before kingdom adjustments, a General in a successful US has about an 80% chance of promotion, compared to say a 60% chance in a successful attack against a town or city. Attacks against villages are not very likely to result in promotions.
Is there a guide somewhere with the new Unusual Sitings difficulty rating to give you an idea of what types of patrol compositions would be necessary for the various levels of difficulty? For example what would be the general composition of an easy encounter be compared to an extremely difficult. I am not looking for any secrets here, but rather a general guideline. I vaguely remember someone putting something out (cipher or rick?) but I can't find it on the forum (even using a search using "encounter" as a search term).
(03-09-2015, 08:07 PM)Beatific Wrote: Is there a guide somewhere with the new Unusual Sitings difficulty rating to give you an idea of what types of patrol compositions would be necessary for the various levels of difficulty?  For example what would be the general composition of an easy encounter be compared to an extremely difficult.  I am not looking for any secrets here, but rather a general guideline.  I vaguely remember someone putting something out (cipher or rick?) but I can't find it on the forum (even using a search using "encounter" as a search term).

P29 of the 300 forum active game thread.   I also consolidated some of the info in g167 thread
Page 29...funny. I'll get around to reducing that thread someday or create a new one under Active Game News for the new game engine so it'll be easier to read the important stuff.