Nature
Follow This Easy Process To Get Started Playing Alamaze
Step #1 - Register for Forum Account      Step #2 - Create New Player Account      Step #3 - Sign In  (to issue turn orders and join games)
ATTENTION: After Creating Player Account and Signing In, select the GAME QUEUE link in the Order System screen to Create or Join games.
Alamaze Website                 Search Forum              Contact Support@Alamaze.net

Player Aids             Rulebook             Spellbook             Help Guides             Kingdom Set-Ups             Kingdom Abbreviations             Valhalla             Discord

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Guidelines on #170 (Group Parley)
I am trying to get a rough ballpark of percentage chance for success of order # 170 (group parley). The order states...

"Even a large group, however, will normally not fare as well as your more powerful political emissaries at this task."

I was hoping that someone could suggest to me some guidelines around the above statement. What constitutes a "large group"? Is it maybe twice the defense of the PC? And if I do have what would be considered a "large group", would it be roughly the equivalent of a provincial governer? baron? etc.

Thanks so much!
~Jason

My best advice is that if you are not friendly in the region, dont even bother with 170. 171 seems to work much better if you have the magic power in the group.\

in 103 I had a 19 brigade TR army with warlords, 2 power 3's and a power 1, and my threat order failed against a town.

(07-07-2013, 04:38 PM)bluefile2 Wrote: My best advice is that if you are not friendly in the region, dont even bother with 170. 171 seems to work much better if you have the magic power in the group.\

in 103 I had a 19 brigade TR army with warlords, 2 power 3's and a power 1, and my threat order failed against a town.

I agree that regional reaction plays a big role. Were you hostile in that scenario?

I have experienced some really unpredictable results with both 170 and 171. It would be interesting if anyone has a method they have been using to decide when it will work.

I was suspicious.

(07-07-2013, 05:06 PM)bluefile2 Wrote: I was suspicious.
I'm always suspicious when you are involved. Big Grin

Seconded.
-The Deliverer

(07-07-2013, 06:58 PM)kevindusi Wrote: Seconded.

It could be that there is always a % chance for failure on these actions. Your failure chance may have been very low but you had a bad dice roll.

Kind of like the unsual encounters where you are winning and then all of a sudden your patrol gives up and leaves.

(07-07-2013, 06:19 PM)DuPont Wrote:
(07-07-2013, 05:06 PM)bluefile2 Wrote: I was suspicious.
I'm always suspicious when you are involved. Big Grin

As you should. I keep shady company aka kevindusi.

kevindusi actually has the opposite problem where his 170-171 orders never fail...