Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Movement Costs
So after 5 turns I decided to stop guessing and actually calculate my movement this turn and I can't find the terrain costs in the rules, commands or charts. It says in the rulebook that you get 20movement points but not what forest costs vs plains, for example.

Can someone help a newb?
Look in your setup file, near the end.
-The Deliverer
(07-01-2013, 12:43 PM)Grybu Wrote: So after 5 turns I decided to stop guessing and actually calculate my movement this turn and I can't find the terrain costs in the rules, commands or charts. It says in the rulebook that you get 20movement points but not what forest costs vs plains, for example.

Can someone help a newb?

Costs vary from kingdom to kingdom. Look on your Kingdom setup, that was sent when the game started.
It tells you in your game setup document (the one which gives you your ESO, SVC and skeletons).

It is different for each race, which is why it isn't in the rules in general. To centralise some info, I created the attached table of race comparisons, derived from the setup docs available on the forum. I don't know if this data is exactly the same in every game, so you should only ever rely on your own particular setup doc in any one game. All kingdom movement costs are listed in here, among other things.

Attached Files
.html   AlamazeRaces.html (Size: 28.71 KB / Downloads: 24)
Nitnux
?? in game 116
SO in game 105
Got it now. Thanks a lot folk!
oh and be VERY afraid, because now that I've got movement down, you are all in a lot of trouble.Dodgy
"oh and be VERY afraid, because now that I've got bowel movement down, you are all in a lot of trouble." - Grybu (age 3)
Another movement question, can you use both 710 and 720 to move a group on the same turn?
Fear casts a large shadow, yet he himself is very small.
(09-01-2015, 06:43 PM)Greyhawk Wrote: Another movement question, can you use both 710 and 720 to move a group on the same turn?
No. You can use one or the other, but not both.
(09-01-2015, 06:57 PM)wfrankenhoff Wrote:
(09-01-2015, 06:43 PM)Greyhawk Wrote: Another movement question, can you use both 710 and 720 to move a group on the same turn?
No. You can use one or the other, but not both.

To clarify, there is also no need to use both. If you read 710, that order is used to cross water and non-water squares on the same turn. Use 720 if no water is touched.