Nature
Follow This Easy Process To Get Started Playing Alamaze
Step #1 - Register for Forum Account      Step #2 - Create New Player Account      Step #3 - Sign In  (to issue turn orders and join games)
ATTENTION: After Creating Player Account and Signing In, select the GAME QUEUE link in the Order System screen to Create or Join games.
Alamaze Website                 Search Forum              Contact Support@Alamaze.net

Player Aids             Rulebook             Spellbook             Help Guides             Kingdom Set-Ups             Kingdom Abbreviations             Valhalla             Discord

Poll: Notification of Kingdom Elimination
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Player must notify his drop to be dropped (present method).
41.67%
5 41.67%
Player without a PC or without political emissary to assume the crown is eliminated by the code and all players notified.
41.67%
5 41.67%
Something else.
16.67%
2 16.67%
Total 12 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Notification on Kingdom Elimination
Although the title of the poll is Notification of the drop, the vote is about whether a player is eliminated from playing when losing their last PC or losing their last emissary (either will remove a position/player from the game)
OR
Player is only eliminated when dropping from the game (ie, by their own choice)

(06-29-2013, 04:15 AM)Jumbie Wrote: BTW to clarify about the poll above, Am I to understand that the current system is that if a player has lost all PC's and emissaries but still have agents and groups they continue to be active in the game?

If so, that sounds like a good system. I'm thinking of the way a Polish air force continued flying from Britain after all Poland's land and government was taken over at the start of WW2.

That is, indeed, the way it works...

Make certain that if you take my last pc you have eliminated all my agents, too... Those bastards are fanatically loyal and will continue exacting revenge until their cold hearts and brittle bones are beyond the possibility of ever being raised to create more havoc!

Smile

LT
Lord Thanatos

But, you surrendered, didn't you?

(06-29-2013, 09:14 PM)Jumbie Wrote: But, you surrendered, didn't you?

That was a standby position. My opponent didn't attack me but had a problem with my predecessor which I simply continued. Therefore, he did not deserve my enmity beyond having taken my last pop center.
Lord Thanatos

Alright, most conclusive (not): 5-5-2 as I type. There is no outcry for a different treatment, so we will not spend development time here. Players will not be dropped automatically no matter what, they must act to be dropped, as it has been.

Players should send an email to activegames@alamaze.co to drop a game and a courtesy would be to inform all players in your game when you do so, although we have no way to enforce that.

This thread is now closed.

(06-29-2013, 04:02 AM)Ry Vor Wrote:
(06-29-2013, 03:04 AM)bluefile2 Wrote:
(06-29-2013, 12:55 AM)Lord Diamond Wrote: I voted for something else. I don't mind the player continuing in the game, but I think we should be notified when players are officially eliminated, drop the game, or stop sending orders and are dropped.
I second Lord Diamonds post on all points.

The question is exactly "what is official elimination?"

I thought a player was eliminated when he went three turns without a capital. I guess I assumed this was already on the books.
 Lord Diamond

Please do not take any of my comments as a personal insult or as a criticism of the game 'Alamaze', which I very much enjoy. Rather, I hope that my personal insight and unique perspective may, in some way, help make 'Alamaze' more fun, a more successful financial venture, or simply more sustainable as a long-term project. Anyone who reads this post should feel completely free to ignore, disregard, scorn, implement, improve, dispute, or otherwise comment upon its content.

(06-30-2013, 12:36 AM)Ry Vor Wrote: Alright, most conclusive (not): 5-5-2 as I type. There is no outcry for a different treatment, so we will not spend development time here. Players will not be dropped automatically no matter what, they must act to be dropped, as it has been.

Players should send an email to activegames@alamaze.co to drop a game and a courtesy would be to inform all players in your game when you do so, although we have no way to enforce that.

I think the Game Master should inform the players in the game. Relying on players to let everyone know is NOT working.
 Lord Diamond

Please do not take any of my comments as a personal insult or as a criticism of the game 'Alamaze', which I very much enjoy. Rather, I hope that my personal insight and unique perspective may, in some way, help make 'Alamaze' more fun, a more successful financial venture, or simply more sustainable as a long-term project. Anyone who reads this post should feel completely free to ignore, disregard, scorn, implement, improve, dispute, or otherwise comment upon its content.

(06-29-2013, 12:55 AM)Lord Diamond Wrote: I voted for something else. I don't mind the player continuing in the game, but I think we should be notified when players are officially eliminated, drop the game, or stop sending orders and are dropped.

(06-30-2013, 02:39 AM)Lord Diamond Wrote:
(06-30-2013, 12:36 AM)Ry Vor Wrote: Alright, most conclusive (not): 5-5-2 as I type. There is no outcry for a different treatment, so we will not spend development time here. Players will not be dropped automatically no matter what, they must act to be dropped, as it has been.

I think the Game Master should inform the players in the game. Relying on players to let everyone know is NOT working.

We just had a poll on this. There was no majority opinion. This thread is to be closed.

Actually, I think the poll and the thread title were very confusing. I am not sure that I even know what decision you made, or did not make, based on this thread.
 Lord Diamond