Nature
Follow This Easy Process To Get Started Playing Alamaze
Step #1 - Register for Forum Account      Step #2 - Create New Player Account      Step #3 - Sign In  (to issue turn orders and join games)
ATTENTION: After Creating Player Account and Signing In, select the GAME QUEUE link in the Order System screen to Create or Join games.
Alamaze Website                 Search Forum              Contact Support@Alamaze.net

Player Aids             Rulebook             Spellbook             Help Guides             Kingdom Set-Ups             Kingdom Abbreviations             Valhalla             Discord

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kalrex vs. the world
(06-21-2013, 01:17 AM)kevindusi Wrote:
(06-21-2013, 01:15 AM)Lord Diamond Wrote: Would the UN, GN, and TR not have existed, or will they be sitting still and waiting for someone to come along and kill them?

Assuming they would not exist. Traditional Titan does not have "empty" rd, un, so positions.

You'd be wrong about that. In this new variant, those nations do exist, armies included Smile

Gnomes are fodder for DragonsSmile

My team is Monster Force

(06-21-2013, 02:00 AM)wfrankenhoff Wrote:
(06-21-2013, 01:17 AM)kevindusi Wrote:
(06-21-2013, 01:15 AM)Lord Diamond Wrote: Would the UN, GN, and TR not have existed, or will they be sitting still and waiting for someone to come along and kill them?

Assuming they would not exist. Traditional Titan does not have "empty" rd, un, so positions.

You'd be wrong about that. In this new variant, those nations do exist, armies included Smile

I'd request that this be changed. Doesn't make sense to have empty positions.
-The Deliverer

Sure it does. Those bastards sided with the Humans and refused to rise against them!

It's probably just too much of a pain in the butt to get rid of them. Think of their groups as good target practice and/or emmy blockers.
 Lord Diamond

Please do not take any of my comments as a personal insult or as a criticism of the game 'Alamaze', which I very much enjoy. Rather, I hope that my personal insight and unique perspective may, in some way, help make 'Alamaze' more fun, a more successful financial venture, or simply more sustainable as a long-term project. Anyone who reads this post should feel completely free to ignore, disregard, scorn, implement, improve, dispute, or otherwise comment upon its content.

Were I a strong military kingdom with a group that started in the region, I'd probably be thrilled to have the target practice. Smile

Regardless, should be fun!
-The Deliverer

My kingdoms united shall be known as the Assassins of Braggadocio. AoB for short.
-The Deliverer

The unpicked kingdoms will be the 3 inactives as opposed to the typical 'epic' missing 3 kingdoms.
This variant is actually a TITANS matchup with the Second Cycle of Steel version.

There are some variables at play with this new, player driven, variant:
- should the unpicked kingdoms remain as generated at setup OR be completely removed from the game?
- kingdom alliance settings won't follow the teams that are created by the draft, choices
1. leave alliances as is, including natural enemies
2. remove all but natural enemy status
3. remove all alliance status & replace with defined allies amongst unique teams
4. leave natural enemy status and replace other with new teammate alliances

I am not in favor of 3. as I think working around the natural enemy status should part of drafting both sides. I favor 1. or 4. although 4. probably makes the most sense.

I will default to leaving the setup as is, unless both players consent to the same change. Changes aren't terribly burdensome to make, but will likely delay the creation of the game.

Cipher

This game will be created once I get the 'official' roster from RyVor indicating that the accounts are square. From there, I'll validate the options with the players and generate the game.

(06-21-2013, 12:39 AM)kevindusi Wrote: Official teams, yet to be named:

Kalrex:
GI
RD
WI
WA
EL
DA

Deliverer:
DW
DE
AN
BL
SO
RA

Interesting selections.

I believe Kevin's team will be steamrolling once winter hits. His side is set to dominate the south and contest several of the northern regions, particularly the Steppes. The DA could very well be a gutted kingdom by turn 6.

IMHO Kalrex should have taken the GN instead of the WA. I believe two wizard kingdoms is one too many in this format. I'd rather have the mid-range kingdoms such as the RA, GN and DA.

(06-21-2013, 06:00 PM)Cipher Wrote: The unpicked kingdoms will be the 3 inactives as opposed to the typical 'epic' missing 3 kingdoms.
This variant is actually a TITANS matchup with the Second Cycle of Steel version.

There are some variables at play with this new, player driven, variant:
- should the unpicked kingdoms remain as generated at setup OR be completely removed from the game?
- kingdom alliance settings won't follow the teams that are created by the draft, choices
1. leave alliances as is, including natural enemies
2. remove all but natural enemy status
3. remove all alliance status & replace with defined allies amongst unique teams
4. leave natural enemy status and replace other with new teammate alliances

I am not in favor of 3. as I think working around the natural enemy status should part of drafting both sides. I favor 1. or 4. although 4. probably makes the most sense.

I will default to leaving the setup as is, unless both players consent to the same change. Changes aren't terribly burdensome to make, but will likely delay the creation of the game.

Cipher

I'm in favor of version 4. Definitely throws you for a loop when you suddenly need to remember to trade food/gold instead of using of using inter-alliance transfers Smile