Nature
Follow This Easy Process To Get Started Playing Alamaze
Step #1 - Register for Forum Account      Step #2 - Create New Player Account      Step #3 - Sign In  (to issue turn orders and join games)
ATTENTION: After Creating Player Account and Signing In, select the GAME QUEUE link in the Order System screen to Create or Join games.
Alamaze Website                 Search Forum              Contact Support@Alamaze.net

Player Aids             Rulebook             Spellbook             Help Guides             Kingdom Set-Ups             Kingdom Abbreviations             Valhalla             Discord

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kalrex vs. the world
Kalrex would like to issue the following challenge:

"I'll make an open challenge to ANYBODY this same variant, including Cipher, and when some poor schmoe takes me up on it upgrade or whatever I need to do. Not Will or Thanatos though as they're occupied. I'll take on the winner of that match after I soundly defeat whoever..."

The variant he is referring to is a 6v6, where players take turns picking their sides.

Requires Victor level or better to make it happen, but that's a small incremental cost for the honor of sending Kalrex packing a la 102, 103, etc.
-The Deliverer

Still waiting....

Sent me "packing" in the context of... ?

This thread needs some mood music

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ymOOg8N8m0w

Crickets? Man!
-The Deliverer

Looks like I have a challenger. He wants me to pick 1st though and I prefer to pick second/third myself...

Is the formula Will/Thanatos used an equal (as possible) selection process?

I was trying to think of something else but 1, 2-3, 4-5, 6, 7, 8... seems skewed back to the 1st selector.

What about 1, 2-3, 4, 5, 6-7, 8, 9, 10? My feelings that whomever gets 2-3 selections has the advantage as there's not a clear #1 pick but there's a top group of picks...

What say you guys?

I would think it wouldn't matter, since likely whoever you play could pick the first six, assign you whatever 6 he/she wanted, and you could still only use half your orders each turn and undoubtedly destroy them by turn 5.
-The Deliverer

Or just alternate picks until both teams are filled...

Or just have each player rank all from 1-10 and alternate assigning them going down each list. With ties being broken by alternating who wins it. That way it is based on preference.

Does that make sense? I'm a bit tired.

(06-19-2013, 09:57 PM)Kalrex Wrote: Looks like I have a challenger. He wants me to pick 1st though and I prefer to pick second/third myself...

Is the formula Will/Thanatos used an equal (as possible) selection process?

I was trying to think of something else but 1, 2-3, 4-5, 6, 7, 8... seems skewed back to the 1st selector.

What about 1, 2-3, 4, 5, 6-7, 8, 9, 10? My feelings that whomever gets 2-3 selections has the advantage as there's not a clear #1 pick but there's a top group of picks...

What say you guys?

First Pick has all the advantages in a strictly alternating selection.

A large portion of that advantage is shifted to the Second Pick when he picks two consecutively. But First Pick retains the other advantages - i.e. selecting first terrain/geography, best (fill in the blank), and last selection of the four remaining kingdoms at the end. [There are still more, of course.]

Just be glad Ry Vor is allowing this option and PICK.....
Lord Thanatos

Thanatos is just upset he got a bad dealSmile