Nature
Follow This Easy Process To Get Started Playing Alamaze
Step #1 - Register for Forum Account      Step #2 - Create New Player Account      Step #3 - Sign In  (to issue turn orders and join games)
ATTENTION: After Creating Player Account and Signing In, select the GAME QUEUE link in the Order System screen to Create or Join games.
Alamaze Website                 Search Forum              Contact Support@Alamaze.net

Player Aids             Rulebook             Spellbook             Help Guides             Kingdom Set-Ups             Kingdom Abbreviations             Valhalla             Discord

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fair Warning
(05-20-2013, 02:44 PM)kevindusi Wrote:
(05-20-2013, 02:38 AM)Cargus10 Wrote:
(05-20-2013, 02:28 AM)Ry Vor Wrote:
(05-20-2013, 02:24 AM)Jumbie Wrote: Was that before or after dirty cops killed her drug dealing parents and she became an apprentice assassin?

Jumbie,

Are you sure you don't have time for a second game to fill out #104?
What position is open in 104? It is turn 12 in 101 and I am toast so I'll drop it almost certainly. I might consider 104 depending on what is still open. Unless Jumbie wants it, of course.
Staaaaaaaaaaaaaay

Stay why? I have 2 pop centers and not a single agent left, and my influence is horridly low. No, I can't even be a good spoiler there - just an irritant at best, grabbing the occasional village.

I would stay just to be annoying. I'll have to be eliminated before I drop, or at least reach the point to where I couldn't issue any orders at all. You can bet I'd be as annoying as possible too!
 Lord Diamond

Please do not take any of my comments as a personal insult or as a criticism of the game 'Alamaze', which I very much enjoy. Rather, I hope that my personal insight and unique perspective may, in some way, help make 'Alamaze' more fun, a more successful financial venture, or simply more sustainable as a long-term project. Anyone who reads this post should feel completely free to ignore, disregard, scorn, implement, improve, dispute, or otherwise comment upon its content.

(05-20-2013, 07:02 PM)Lord Diamond Wrote: I would stay just to be annoying. I'll have to be eliminated before I drop, or at least reach the point to where I couldn't issue any orders at all. You can bet I'd be as annoying as possible too!

Well, the thing is I don't get any fun out of just being a gadfly. If I punt an untenable position, I open up a slot for a new game where I have a lot more options.

(05-20-2013, 07:03 PM)Cargus10 Wrote:
(05-20-2013, 07:02 PM)Lord Diamond Wrote: I would stay just to be annoying. I'll have to be eliminated before I drop, or at least reach the point to where I couldn't issue any orders at all. You can bet I'd be as annoying as possible too!

Well, the thing is I don't get any fun out of just being a gadfly. If I punt an untenable position, I open up a slot for a new game where I have a lot more options.

I'm not judging you. I wanted to share my philosophy, as I have found that people are less likely to attack the player who just won't go away and that they are more likely to pile onto those players who drop with the first bad turn.

It does sound like your game is pretty much shot and you should enjoy your games. Personally, I would find a great deal of enjoyment from being that gadfly.
 Lord Diamond

Please do not take any of my comments as a personal insult or as a criticism of the game 'Alamaze', which I very much enjoy. Rather, I hope that my personal insight and unique perspective may, in some way, help make 'Alamaze' more fun, a more successful financial venture, or simply more sustainable as a long-term project. Anyone who reads this post should feel completely free to ignore, disregard, scorn, implement, improve, dispute, or otherwise comment upon its content.

(05-20-2013, 07:12 PM)Lord Diamond Wrote:
(05-20-2013, 07:03 PM)Cargus10 Wrote:

I'm not judging you. I wanted to share my philosophy, as I have found that people are less likely to attack the player who just won't go away and that they are more likely to pile onto those players who drop with the first bad turn.

It does sound like your game is pretty much shot and you should enjoy your games. Personally, I would find a great deal of enjoyment from being that gadfly.

It's all good Smile Didn't for a moment think you were judging me.

In some circumstances I would stay, were not my resources so very slim at this point. But at best I could pinprick annoy the DE/RA alliance.

Oh, I might stay in until a new game is formed - I'm Warrior level after all, and get to be in 2. But as soon as a new games starts, I am gone.

(05-20-2013, 10:18 PM)Cargus10 Wrote: In some circumstances I would stay, were not my resources so very slim at this point. But at best I could pinprick annoy the DE/RA alliance.

Oh, I might stay in until a new game is formed - I'm Warrior level after all, and get to be in 2. But as soon as a new games starts, I am gone.

I would like to state for the record that I am 100% against pinprick annoyances directed at the DE/RA alliance. Let's get a new game going for Cargus!!
-The Deliverer

(05-20-2013, 10:44 PM)kevindusi Wrote:
(05-20-2013, 10:18 PM)Cargus10 Wrote: In some circumstances I would stay, were not my resources so very slim at this point. But at best I could pinprick annoy the DE/RA alliance.

I would like to state for the record that I am 100% against pinprick annoyances directed at the DE/RA alliance. Let's get a new game going for Cargus!!
This from the man that is getting free agent promotions by assassinating all my low-level agents. Show a little appreciation, man!

(05-20-2013, 10:54 PM)Cargus10 Wrote:
(05-20-2013, 10:44 PM)kevindusi Wrote:

This from the man that is getting free agent promotions by assassinating all my low-level agents. Show a little appreciation, man!

Surely you don't hold me responsible for all three?!
-The Deliverer

How am I supposed to control the actions of someone I am allied with?

You tried to tell me not to attack someone you're allied with... can't have it both ways.

I have NAP's with you in multiple games so Fair Warning wasn't for you obviously... asides watching me beat the crap out of some of your allies in other games of courseWink

No hard feelings at all! Good gaming!!

(05-21-2013, 01:31 AM)Kalrex Wrote: How am I supposed to control the actions of someone I am allied with?

You tried to tell me not to attack someone you're allied with... can't have it both ways.

I have NAP's with you in multiple games so Fair Warning wasn't for you obviously... asides watching me beat the crap out of some of your allies in other games of courseWink

No hard feelings at all! Good gaming!!

That suggestion not to attack my ally came in the middle of some mildly warm discussion where we were trying to feel out the bounds of our new treaty. That being said, attack anyone you like.
 Lord Diamond