Nature
Follow This Easy Process To Get Started Playing Alamaze
Step #1 - Register for Forum Account      Step #2 - Create New Player Account      Step #3 - Sign In  (to issue turn orders and join games)
ATTENTION: After Creating Player Account and Signing In, select the GAME QUEUE link in the Order System screen to Create or Join games.
Alamaze Website                 Search Forum              Contact Support@Alamaze.net

Player Aids             Rulebook             Spellbook             Help Guides             Kingdom Set-Ups             Kingdom Abbreviations             Valhalla             Discord

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Junk Troops
How much do the recruitable troops add to value on Avg?

-Recruits/veterans
- ogres
- Wyverns
- skeletons
- Whites

Whites? I hope you mean Wights. Smile
 Lord Diamond

Please do not take any of my comments as a personal insult or as a criticism of the game 'Alamaze', which I very much enjoy. Rather, I hope that my personal insight and unique perspective may, in some way, help make 'Alamaze' more fun, a more successful financial venture, or simply more sustainable as a long-term project. Anyone who reads this post should feel completely free to ignore, disregard, scorn, implement, improve, dispute, or otherwise comment upon its content.

i have a lispsss. sorry Smile

Well, of course the Black Dragon isn't going to think too much of the whites.

This is true.

Whites suck.

Go for the yolks.

I can't give you specifics, but I can tell you that Wights are pretty badass. Not 'junk' at all. It seems that just about everything is better than Veterans...
 Lord Diamond

Please do not take any of my comments as a personal insult or as a criticism of the game 'Alamaze', which I very much enjoy. Rather, I hope that my personal insight and unique perspective may, in some way, help make 'Alamaze' more fun, a more successful financial venture, or simply more sustainable as a long-term project. Anyone who reads this post should feel completely free to ignore, disregard, scorn, implement, improve, dispute, or otherwise comment upon its content.

Its probably not very accurate, but I estimate thier value as such:
Recruits 1500 (fight 25% inferior to veterans)
Veterans 2000
Skeleton, monsters 1750 (slightly suprior to recruits)
Ogres/Wyverns 2500 (superior to veterans)
Wights 2750-3000 (far superior to veterans)

All kingdom names, even the UN, fight equal to or better than veterans (depending on terrian obviously).

When it comes down to it, moral, terrian and leadership greatly outweigh brigade strength. Like red dragons for example, may have the most powerful brigades, but fight inferior to many other kingdoms in the mountains due to the fact that Red Dragons are almost all considered archers, and fight at 25% in the mountians. Elves good in the forrest? Not really, they have such a high concentration of archers in thier brigades (fight 25% in forrest) that it outweighs thier bonus in that terrian.
Maniacal Menace

Oh, and all other things being equal, all brigades types seem to have some sort of "toughness" value which is unknown. It is not represented by thier "value vs XYZ". Giants, Dwarves, Red Dragons, Rangers, for example, are harder to kill, apparently. You'll notice these are the kingdoms whose leaders are also less likely to be slain in combat.
Maniacal Menace

(04-17-2013, 01:57 PM)Maniacal Menace Wrote: Oh, and all other things being equal, all brigades types seem to have some sort of "toughness" value which is unknown. It is not represented by thier "value vs XYZ". Giants, Dwarves, Red Dragons, Rangers, for example, are harder to kill, apparently. You'll notice these are the kingdoms whose leaders are also less likely to be slain in combat.

I think your brigade point values are dead on.

There was an oracle somewhere re: defensive values. I always wished that was a published figure.

The PA was a great kingdom for not taking losses. Heavier troops were defintely tied to better defensive rating.