Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Parley, Diplomacy and multiple groups at a PC
(04-13-2013, 08:20 PM)Jumbie Wrote: actually, yeah, I did take note of the name and go 'wow' at the time because for some reason I had figured you for one of the newer players here. Now I know you're an original gangster.
BTW, was that article breakdown for first cycle or second? Or are they the same?
When I wrote that, there was no 2nd Cycle, but the only difference is that the cities are harder to take in the 2nd. So you'd need 6.25, 12.50, 18.75 or 25.00 to take them rather than 5, 10, 15 and 20. I've thought about reposting that article in the helpful section but it seemed vaguely narcissistic to do so.
The numbers are unchanged for towns and villages? i.e. for towns, 2.5, 5, 7.5, 10? for villages 1.25, 2.5, 3.75, 5?

(04-13-2013, 06:34 PM)Lord Diamond Wrote: Some things are okay left in mystery. I don't really want to know the math behind every facet of a fantasy game.

I'm totally into that sentiment and I hated in World of Warcraft when people would reduced tactics to damage per second and cool down times for attacks and make it all...mathematical.

But, my interest in the numbers for Alamaze is because I'm a newbie playing veterans and the veterans have pretty much already grasped the mathematics, even if just on an instinctive level.

In WoW, I'm not playing humans, so I can go for mystique, but in Alamaze I am up against humans (or at least sub-humans), so I need the numbers.
Yeah, the numbers are unchanged for towns and villages.