Nature
Follow This Easy Process To Get Started Playing Alamaze
Step #1 - Register for Forum Account      Step #2 - Create New Player Account      Step #3 - Sign In  (to issue turn orders and join games)
ATTENTION: After Creating Player Account and Signing In, select the GAME QUEUE link in the Order System screen to Create or Join games.
Alamaze Website                 Search Forum              Contact Support@Alamaze.net

Player Aids             Rulebook             Spellbook             Help Guides             Kingdom Set-Ups             Kingdom Abbreviations             Valhalla             Discord

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Giant Skeleton - Game 101
My Nemesis is Chili Goat Curry.

(04-10-2013, 02:03 AM)The Gray Mouser Wrote: I think its way too much to ask to take a side on this when only one side has even been heard from, and for such a small matter.

I had "understandings" with two kingdoms on turn 1. Didn't mean if I didn't issue two defend orders on turn 2, it would have been my opponent's fault if I had a group wiped out. It's all part of the grand scheme. Also, calling someone out so early, eh.

When honor is at stake, there is no such thing as a "small matter".

Personally, I enjoy the drama so long as it's in-game and fun. I don't even mind betrayal, lies, and duplicity. It adds an element to the game.

I don't care who is right or wrong. I just like to watch. Smile
 Lord Diamond

Please do not take any of my comments as a personal insult or as a criticism of the game 'Alamaze', which I very much enjoy. Rather, I hope that my personal insight and unique perspective may, in some way, help make 'Alamaze' more fun, a more successful financial venture, or simply more sustainable as a long-term project. Anyone who reads this post should feel completely free to ignore, disregard, scorn, implement, improve, dispute, or otherwise comment upon its content.

(04-09-2013, 09:15 PM)bluefile2 Wrote: Kalrex,

He Emailed me over the weekend to tell me that he was specifically moving there.

So, there was an early agreement and then a message saying that the agreement would be broken, then the agreement was broken...

Not what I would characterize as a backstab, more of a cancellation...

Sharing PC info - hmmm, I don't know that I would give out my locations, just maybe that there is a village in a certain part of the region.

Of course, I wouldn't give Bluefile much info at all, since it may well end up on a forum somewhere...two wrongs don't make a right (but three lefts DO!)

Just logged in today and read the forum post about me. Was kinda shocked about it all but I’ll try to keep my response to the point.

Firstly, I usually ask other players if they have any pop centers in my region in order to avoid them if I am able. Sometimes, as I clearly explained to bluefile2, that initial act of generosity cannot be honored due to splitting up a region with a teammate and that another arrangement may need to be made between the two players (e.g., a future divination, sleep/ward spell, or such).

So no, I am not a backstabber nor do I appreciate being called such in a public forum especially when the allegations aren’t true. Aren’t personal defamation attacks in violation of the game’s or forum’s code of conduct? Will bluefile2 be kicked from the game for this?

Another point that bluefile2 attempted to make in his post is that I took advantage of him in some manner. This wasn’t the case as I clearly stated in my response to him in that I’ve already divined all the villages in my region. So providing me with his village location wasn’t a factor in the game.

It’s also weird for bluefile2 to post someone’s private email message in a public forum like that. Does bluefile2 want everyone to know that he cannot be trusted with email? Does he really want the reputation that someday, he’ll post your email up for everyone to see? I thought adults played this game…

Another strange act is that bluefile2 posted the location of my village in a public forum. Isn’t that against the game’s rules? What if someone posted the locations of all your towns and villages on the forum? How would you like it? Should bluefile2 be reprimanded if not outright dismissed from the game for behaving like this?

I’m also kinda shocked at Lord Thanatos reply further down the thread. Considering another kingdom your enemy after they explained and attempted to make an arrangement with you for a pop center is rather premature don’t you think? For Lord Thanatos to recommend to that player to hold grudges and “start assaulting him with turn one orders” in subsequent games as a vendetta of sorts is really lame. Especially for an experience player that Lord Thanatos claims to be.

Overall, complaining about losing a pop center in a public forum like this is rather embarrassing. Is this how bluefile2 and Lord Thanatos (who agrees with him) are going to behave in the future, that whenever they lose something, go cry about it on the forum?

If so then perhaps the Alamaze game isn’t for you. I recommend to both of them that they should find a game that is more appropriate for their behavior – maybe something on the nickelodeon website.

Ooooh, it's a game guys. Keep it in character, please.

RE: Posting the PC location on the forum...what if the player sent the PC location to the players he was working with in the game?
That seems OK.
What if it was emailed to others that might work against the perceived backstabber?
That seems OK.
What if it was emailed to all the players in the game?
Kind of petty, but still seems OK.
What if it was published on the forum?
What is the functional difference?

I've already given my opinion on airing laundry in public - it says more about the one doing the airing than the target of the gossip.

But if I do something that upsets another player in the game, I would expect him to work against my interests afterwords if I can't repair the relationship.

To me Bluefile seems to be trying to bring societal pressure on another player to change/punish behavior. I'm not sure that is good or bad, but it always surprises me how often opportunities come along to work with someone a little later on that I might not have considered earlier.

I stand by my actions. If I called you a jackass or something of that nature for your actions, I think that would be out of line. I didn't, I stated facts about what happened, and then my opinion of your honor. I won't lose any sleep about it of you don't like it. I think that people should stick to their word, and if they don't, that's on them. I would want to hear about a similar situation with another player if it popped up as it would have an effect on my future dealings with them. Im 100% certain that your 1GI would not be at my village had i not told you that it was mine. On the flip side, backstabbing and deal breaking is part of the game. Maybe other people would be silent about it?? Not me.
- Your friendly Black Dragon

Its a small community. Your words matter. People talk with eachother specifically to make the game more predictable. If your word can't be trusted, well then, your word can't be trusted. Its not about honor, its about making the game more predictable, which intelligent players will realize is the most important part of this game. If you cannot be counted on to accomplish that goal, people won't deal with you.
Maniacal Menace

(04-10-2013, 05:38 AM)bluefile2 Wrote: I stand by my actions. If I called you a jackass or something of that nature for your actions, I think that would be out of line. I didn't, I stated facts about what happened, and then my opinion of your honor. I won't lose any sleep about it of you don't like it. I think that people should stick to their word, and if they don't, that's on them. I would want to hear about a similar situation with another player if it popped up as it would have an effect on my future dealings with them. Im 100% certain that your 1GI would not be at my village had i not told you that it was mine. On the flip side, backstabbing and deal breaking is part of the game. Maybe other people would be silent about it?? Not me.
- Your friendly Black Dragon

Everyone is entitled to his opinion, it is his God given rights. The following is my opinion:

if the pop center at oo is taken by the other player, then I say 'shame on him', if he moves his troops away without taking this pop center, then everything is fine.

he said that he has already devined the region and discovered the pop center at oo, so that entitles him to taking your pop center at oo. that is his opinion, I disagree.

(04-10-2013, 12:46 PM)Maniacal Menace Wrote: Its a small community. Your words matter. People talk with eachother specifically to make the game more predictable. If your word can't be trusted, well then, your word can't be trusted. Its not about honor, its about making the game more predictable, which intelligent players will realize is the most important part of this game. If you cannot be counted on to accomplish that goal, people won't deal with you.

On a side note, I think the forum is an excellent addition to the game. I, for one, want to know every single infraction of honesty that exists in the games (including the game masters, I think we've all played games previously where the game master were dishonoest), so I know whether or not I can trust players before I consider whether or not I want to work with them. For instance, in my game, I made an offer to another player to "do him a favor" if he made a preparation for me to do it. He made the preparations (expending orders to do so), but then when it came time to fullfill my offer, something better came alone. I didn't want to do it anymore, I told him so, but offered to do it anyway. He made a counter offer for something else that he needed from me, but was much more desireable for me, in essence "letting me off the hook" of my original offer. I gladly accepted and all is well. If people just talk with eachother, instead of simply acting when they can, trust can be preserved. Not only do I feel better about the person who "let me off the hook" he feels better about me for "making it up to him". The problem, I think, is ego (and, thinking that YOU know best... he won't mind, it doesnt matter, he can't do anything about it anyway... etc...etc). There's really no room for it in the real world, or the internet... for adults anyway. I'll repeat this one important point, its a small community. You may screw someone in game X, only to find that in game Y, everyone starts gunning for you.
Maniacal Menace