Nature
Follow This Easy Process To Get Started Playing Alamaze
Step #1 - Register for Forum Account      Step #2 - Create New Player Account      Step #3 - Sign In  (to issue turn orders and join games)
ATTENTION: After Creating Player Account and Signing In, select the GAME QUEUE link in the Order System screen to Create or Join games.
Alamaze Website                 Search Forum              Contact Support@Alamaze.net

Player Aids             Rulebook             Spellbook             Help Guides             Kingdom Set-Ups             Kingdom Abbreviations             Valhalla             Discord

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game 101
(05-14-2013, 09:02 PM)Lord Thanatos Wrote:
(05-14-2013, 08:09 PM)Agent Orange Wrote: will the billing cycle be extended for week because of the vacation?

REALLY?

I submit to you that the value we receive with the present price structure is extremely favorable to the customer base. At least, that is my opinion.

I'm going to run around town stealing garden Gnomes to fill the void left by having to wait an extra week for 102. That should do it. I shall name them all Thanatos.

But yes, I like the value as well.
-The Deliverer

ghan they skipped my turn cause I had turn 8 instead of turn 9. they then claimed they were making so little that they could not re run my turn. some value.

(05-14-2013, 09:38 PM)Agent Orange Wrote: ghan they skipped my turn cause I had turn 8 instead of turn 9. they then claimed they were making so little that they could not re run my turn. some value.

What mistake did you make submitting your turn? They have been very specific about what they need, but it would be good to know.
 Lord Diamond

Please do not take any of my comments as a personal insult or as a criticism of the game 'Alamaze', which I very much enjoy. Rather, I hope that my personal insight and unique perspective may, in some way, help make 'Alamaze' more fun, a more successful financial venture, or simply more sustainable as a long-term project. Anyone who reads this post should feel completely free to ignore, disregard, scorn, implement, improve, dispute, or otherwise comment upon its content.

MY mistake was this. I had my orders in by Sunday; due by Monday. In the email subject line I had turn 8 and it should have been turn 9. and it played out as I said before. simple mistake. my fault. but the lack of customer service says it all.

Unfortunately it was the turn number within the form that was mis- entered as the previous turn number, not something in an email title, or even the name of the spreadsheet file. These are the things that are not obvious to catch as 75 sets of orders are loaded every turn cycle, which is why it has to be the player's responsibility to own the data being submitted, not the GM's responsibility to catch and update entries or re-run entire turns to fix player's mistakes.

It kills me to see missed turns, I'd rather hear about great strategy or moves or diplomacy. I don't like seeing turn entries with four orders, or a sheet missing the order numbers - obviously a missed copy and paste, or hearing about excel auto filling a cell with an earlier value.

In my Titans game that just ran turn 1, I had the wrong king abbr for an enamor in a home region, I divined towns in Runnimede with 2 separate HPs, and entered 720 orders for 3 troll groups but forgot to put in the movement coordinates. Those orders were in like 3+ days before the due date. I now have a kingdom still tolerant, missing town locations in a region I was expecting to have them for, and my troll groups sitting outside their PCs with their big thumbs up their butts. These didn't get fixed on the order load, and I wouldn't expect them to if another GM was running the game. What do I expect from that? I expect that I should do a better job double checking my orders before submitting.

Nobody wants success in the game to be won by anyone who makes the fewest mistakes entering orders. BUT, regardless of the means by which orders are entered (spreadsheet, web based forms, fill in the bubble sheets, etc) if you make a mistake, man up and own it. Don't whine about "customer service", when it has been clear from the beginning what needs to be done and who is responsible for it.

AND - I didn't see any comments about how much or little was being made on the game in any of the correspondence on this issue, either I missed it or that is some sour grapes 'embellishment'.

Cipher

I feel as if somebody has cast a sleep spell on me. Could some kind soul cast Ward or I will fall into a sudden coma that lasts seven hours. Unless we aren't going to see any turns tonight, in which case, save the spell.

(05-15-2013, 01:36 AM)Agent Orange Wrote: MY mistake was this. I had my orders in by Sunday; due by Monday. In the email subject line I had turn 8 and it should have been turn 9. and it played out as I said before. simple mistake. my fault. but the lack of customer service says it all.

this is very sad, you check for errors for all the specific orders, but forgot to check for error for turn number.

some surgeons checked for errors in every step in a major surgical operation, but operated on the wrong patient. things like this indeed happens in real life.

DE orders are submitted. Happy Memorial Day weekend, everyone. Even you foreigners. Even the band Foreigner. But not Jumbie. NEVER Jumbie.
-The Deliverer

Did jumbie pick up a drop position in 101?? We could always use more enemies.

Black Dragon orders are in. Huzzah!!