Nature
Follow This Easy Process To Get Started Playing Alamaze
Step #1 - Register for Forum Account      Step #2 - Create New Player Account      Step #3 - Sign In  (to issue turn orders and join games)
ATTENTION: After Creating Player Account and Signing In, select the GAME QUEUE link in the Order System screen to Create or Join games.
Alamaze Website                 Search Forum              Contact Support@Alamaze.net

Player Aids             Rulebook             Spellbook             Help Guides             Kingdom Set-Ups             Kingdom Abbreviations             Valhalla             Discord

Poll: What is the right turn deadline for Alamaze?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
48 hours
7.14%
1 7.14%
72 hours
42.86%
6 42.86%
96 hours
21.43%
3 21.43%
7 days
28.57%
4 28.57%
10 days
0%
0 0%
Total 14 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vote on Turn Length
I've never played before, so it's hard to vote until I have a chance to experience the new system.

Sancus

I prefer every 24 hours.

The best way to learn how to enter orders is trial by fire...
Lord Thanatos

I voted for every 7 days but I could do 96 hrs - 4 days. I think I need that much time to PM other players etc

(03-03-2013, 10:12 AM)wfrankenhoff Wrote: Seventy-two hours is easily enough time, even when playing six nations. That said, I work for myself and don't have any children...so I can understand why others need more.
Hey what's this about playing 3 or 6 kingdoms etc ??

(03-12-2013, 01:34 AM)Flashman Wrote: I voted for every 7 days but I could do 96 hrs - 4 days. I think I need that much time to PM other players etc

(03-03-2013, 10:12 AM)wfrankenhoff Wrote: Seventy-two hours is easily enough time, even when playing six nations. That said, I work for myself and don't have any children...so I can understand why others need more.
Hey what's this about playing 3 or 6 kingdoms etc ??

That's coming too. It's all in Rick's plan.
 Lord Diamond

Please do not take any of my comments as a personal insult or as a criticism of the game 'Alamaze', which I very much enjoy. Rather, I hope that my personal insight and unique perspective may, in some way, help make 'Alamaze' more fun, a more successful financial venture, or simply more sustainable as a long-term project. Anyone who reads this post should feel completely free to ignore, disregard, scorn, implement, improve, dispute, or otherwise comment upon its content.

I played 'international' Alamaze back in the day which had a one month turnaround if I recall correctly, so 4 days/5 days/1 week seems very quick to me.

I think 72 is likely a good result... 48 is certainly possible (and easy in most cases), but invariably we will all have something come up where we simply are not available for a 2 day stretch. Except for Will, who works for himself and has no kids. And Adam, who is in real estate so it's not like he even works.

I like 72 hours.
Work is a big factor for me.
That and sketchy internet access here in the badlands.

As much as I truly hate to agree with Kevin on anything, I also like the 72 hour option. For those of you who's real life gets in the way of Alamaze, perhaps look into a real estate career. You will make MUCH more money than Kevin, and work about 1/3 the hours.

(04-08-2013, 06:02 PM)bluefile2 Wrote: As much as I truly hate to agree with Kevin on anything, I also like the 72 hour option. For those of you who's real life gets in the way of Alamaze, perhaps look into a real estate career. You will make MUCH more money than Kevin, and work about 1/3 the hours.
But I AM in real estate! It's feast or famine. Land Surveying pays the bills.

What Market are you in? In in Southern California, so we are in the "feast" cycle. And since you're into surveying, maybe you can help with this. I have a client that just closed on a 40 acre avocado grove. He wants to have it digitally mapped so that he can GPS track it from his iphone or some device and be able to coordinate activity in each individual acre. Any idea who provides that service??