Nature
Follow This Easy Process To Get Started Playing Alamaze
Step #1 - Register for Forum Account      Step #2 - Create New Player Account      Step #3 - Sign In  (to issue turn orders and join games)
ATTENTION: After Creating Player Account and Signing In, select the GAME QUEUE link in the Order System screen to Create or Join games.
Alamaze Website                 Search Forum              Contact Support@Alamaze.net

Player Aids             Rulebook             Spellbook             Help Guides             Kingdom Set-Ups             Kingdom Abbreviations             Valhalla             Discord

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Player Tips
(02-28-2013, 12:36 AM)Sancus Wrote: The lower the order number (350 < 710) drives the sequence of events?

Not "drives the sequence of events" but is the sequence of events. We are just saying that orders happen in numerical order from lowest to highest and not in whatever order you would like on a particular given turn.

Another key point is moving forward. Always move towards a goal and have multiple short and long term ones. In Alamaze you can not sit still. You are either moving forward or backwards. If you keep up your momentum then you have a better chance of keeping your opponents off balance. If you let yourself go on the defensive you will more often than not be on the loosing side. Do not rest on your laurels. Rather than belabor the point to death check out this article in the oracle on inertia.

Every time I took a turn to pause I lost ground. Don't let it happen to you.

Are we strictly playing the Second cycle version or might we see some changes?

Along those lines, can we identify which region Zarathon falls in?

Hawk

Are we strictly playing the Second cycle version or might we see some changes?

Along those lines, can we identify which region Zarathon falls in?

Hawk
[/quote]

From what I understand, we're currently playing the Second Cycle of Magic for the Classic and Epic games. The Titan games will be the Epic Cycle of Steel (six nations versus six nations, all run by single players). Down the road, Rick plans to introduce new scenarios and new larger maps with the possiblity of new kingdoms.

As to Zarathorn: I'm not sure if I understand, but for the current games in will be region 3, The Talking Mountains.

Regards,

Will

Zarathon is in Amberland.

Kalrex is absolutely correct. I had a brain-freeze between Zabzanka and Zarathorn.

Can anybody suggest standard / generic starting game orders for turns one - three, similar to what we used to suggest in FoR?

(03-27-2013, 02:07 AM)Sancus Wrote: Can anybody suggest standard / generic starting game orders for turns one - three, similar to what we used to suggest in FoR?

Similar to FoR, but you have wizards to consider as well. Plus, there are 15 kingdoms to 12 regions, so conflict is more likely early on.

It all depends on which kingdom you are playing.
 Lord Diamond

Please do not take any of my comments as a personal insult or as a criticism of the game 'Alamaze', which I very much enjoy. Rather, I hope that my personal insight and unique perspective may, in some way, help make 'Alamaze' more fun, a more successful financial venture, or simply more sustainable as a long-term project. Anyone who reads this post should feel completely free to ignore, disregard, scorn, implement, improve, dispute, or otherwise comment upon its content.

Its been a long time, and I can't find the answer to this in the rules anywhere, so here goes.

Does production occur at the beginning of the turn or the end of the turn?

In other words, do I have a budget of my starting gold and food stockpile for turn 1, or my starting gold and food stockpile + my population center's production capabilities?

(03-30-2013, 02:28 PM)paway Wrote: Its been a long time, and I can't find the answer to this in the rules anywhere, so here goes.

Does production occur at the beginning of the turn or the end of the turn?

In other words, do I have a budget of my starting gold and food stockpile for turn 1, or my starting gold and food stockpile + my population center's production capabilities?

You can include the production from your pop centers.