Nature
Follow This Easy Process To Get Started Playing Alamaze
Step #1 - Register for Forum Account      Step #2 - Create New Player Account      Step #3 - Sign In  (to issue turn orders and join games)
ATTENTION: After Creating Player Account and Signing In, select the GAME QUEUE link in the Order System screen to Create or Join games.
Alamaze Website                 Search Forum              Contact Support@Alamaze.net

Player Aids             Rulebook             Spellbook             Help Guides             Kingdom Set-Ups             Kingdom Abbreviations             Valhalla             Discord

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rick McDowell
Greetings! My name is Rick McDowell. I created Alamaze when I was living in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. At one point, we had about 8 employees working on it when it all was done by manual input and snail mail and we had 1000 active positions.

We added three other scenarios, the last being the Second Cycle of Magic.

I also designed Fall of Rome and Kingdoms of Arcania, although Kingdoms has not been programmed. I designed a game for RSI under their AD&D license called Forgotten Realms, but the game they produced was a much scaled down and different game.

I now live in the Dallas, Texas area.

I'm very much looking forward to getting Alamaze back up and running and then creating new maps, kingdoms and scenarios. I'm also hoping Alamaze players will try Fall of Rome, and vice versa.

I look forward to getting to know you all.

I'm Kal Rex and looking very much to play Alamaze again after all these years! I will contact you regards payment shortly.

I remember reading in your Alamaze game publication that ran a few times per year there was mention of a 3rd Cycle variant that was in the drawing stages.

If someone still has those publications maybe we could get them typed up when you create your Alamaze page or on here? I think it had some good strategy articles/fun reading. I forget the name of the publication unfortunately. Probably take some effort but worth doing to support the endeavor. I'd volunteer to do it if those still exist anywhere.

The one thing I prefer about FOR (If it could be incorporated into Alamaze) is the unusual sightings. In Alamaze it seemed damn hard to locate those things.

The last time I spoke with Phil he mentioned he was out of maps. I guess that doesn't matter anymore but those were neat maps to pin up and do your strategizing with.

My name is Victor Patterson - my first game was #29 way back in the late 80's (which I won!). I played a number of times and enjoyed it each time, but waiting for the turns to come in the mail was murder - especially as I live in the Bahamas. I am looking forward to playing again and will certainly give Fall of Rome a try. I think I lost my copies of The Alamaze Oracle in one of my moves - a shame as in one of them they published an article I wrote that deconstructed the formula for how political units worked and I now don't remember it myself. I know they were all online at the original website - I assume they are floating around in cyberspace somewhere. And that map was a thing of beauty.

I'd encourage all players to start their own thread with their name or persona to describe their history with Alamaze under this topic (rather than posting under this thread title).

Nice Rick, did not know you live in Dallas! I live in Houston and I am moving up to Dallas this summer!