Nature
Follow This Easy Process To Get Started Playing Alamaze
Step #1 - Register for Forum Account      Step #2 - Create New Player Account      Step #3 - Sign In  (to issue turn orders and join games)
ATTENTION: After Creating Player Account and Signing In, select the GAME QUEUE link in the Order System screen to Create or Join games.
Alamaze Website                 Search Forum              Contact Support@Alamaze.net

Player Aids             Rulebook             Spellbook             Help Guides             Kingdom Set-Ups             Kingdom Abbreviations             Valhalla             Discord

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Should Alamaze Return?
It could have been Earthwood as well, a PBM game made by the guys who did MEPBM- Earthwood came before Alamaze and was pretty boring.

Very sorry to hear about Phil...

I sent Pegasus $$ and signed up in a game around 2003 or something and never got into a game. I know others at the time had the same issue. I think there's still a "market" for the game with the older players if you can somehow locate them. When it's up and running I will refer friends to try it. There's a site called something like Playbymail.net that still supports PBM's (small user base but still...)

May Phil R.I.P., he was a good man, and they are hard to come by. I remember having long phone conversations with him, and I was aware of the health issues, so Godspeed and my heart goes out to his family and friends, he will be missed.

It will be interesting to see if you can get Alamaze up and running, no offense, but I left FoR II for the many broken promises and the wishful thinking of KoA that never materialized(btw, your website still says its coming out 2012). If you do get it up and running, I would be willing to participate.

Greetings to all the old players, hope things are well!

Smile 
(01-19-2013, 02:55 AM)Ry Vor Wrote: Alamaze ran for 25+ years, mostly under the revered eye of my deceased dear brother Phil. I can revive Alamaze, with the help of friends like David Pitzel and others. Do you want in 2013 a text based, turn based game?

I am very excited about Alamaze coming back. It was the game that brought me into this whole genre.

I will be creating a new Valhalla for it as well!
 Lord Diamond

Please do not take any of my comments as a personal insult or as a criticism of the game 'Alamaze', which I very much enjoy. Rather, I hope that my personal insight and unique perspective may, in some way, help make 'Alamaze' more fun, a more successful financial venture, or simply more sustainable as a long-term project. Anyone who reads this post should feel completely free to ignore, disregard, scorn, implement, improve, dispute, or otherwise comment upon its content.

(02-19-2013, 07:39 PM)Lord Diamond Wrote: I am very excited about Alamaze coming back. It was the game that brought me into this whole genre.

I will be creating a new Valhalla for it as well!

Will the old Valahlla information be included as well? or is that lost to time?

Old Valhalla was lost to time. If someone has it I can save it in an archive, but I will be working on a new and bigger Valhalla. I also plan to continue the Fall of Rome version, but I will be removing some of the content tha is very time consuming to load.
 Lord Diamond

Please do not take any of my comments as a personal insult or as a criticism of the game 'Alamaze', which I very much enjoy. Rather, I hope that my personal insight and unique perspective may, in some way, help make 'Alamaze' more fun, a more successful financial venture, or simply more sustainable as a long-term project. Anyone who reads this post should feel completely free to ignore, disregard, scorn, implement, improve, dispute, or otherwise comment upon its content.

Considering KOA is the Chinese Democracy of fantasy wargames, maybe the art that was created for its main page could be used for Alamaze? I'm unsure who the artist is, Kormarck maybe?
Anyways, it's a great piece of art and relates fine with Alamaze-
The trouble with the KOA stuff, like people have said, is that it looks cool and then the "wtf, where's the game..." reaction people have.
If Alamaze gets its own page or something it's a striking piece of artwork that sells the atmosphere of the game perfectly.
Edit: Just have to change the names in the background.

(02-20-2013, 04:38 AM)Kalrex Wrote: Considering KOA is the Chinese Democracy of fantasy wargames, maybe the art that was created for its main page could be used for Alamaze? I'm unsure who the artist is, Kormarck maybe?
Anyways, it's a great piece of art and relates fine with Alamaze-
The trouble with the KOA stuff, like people have said, is that it looks cool and then the "wtf, where's the game..." reaction people have.
If Alamaze gets its own page or something it's a striking piece of artwork that sells the atmosphere of the game perfectly.
Edit: Just have to change the names in the background.

Ack!! Alamaze was never art-rich, I don't think. Personally, assuming that Rick, at some point, bothers with focusing upon art for a new incarnation of Alamaze, I would hope that he would take a different direction, rather than recycling the Kingdoms of Arcania art piece in question.

The art on the KoA page will be used for Alamaze. The collage is of six original pieces I had commissioned to Michael Komarck - good guess. The five lesser kingdom portraits are by Ryan Barger. By the way, I have permission in writing from Frank Frazetta and Brom for their art displayed.

Programming these games is a lot more complicated than most would expect.

Attached Files
.docx   Alamaze landing page skinny.docx (Size: 529.18 KB / Downloads: 19)

That Komarck piece works fine! That's a great piece of art and it conveys the feel of Alamaze perfectly.

Brom is a really nice guy. Just a heads up though that Frazetta passed away some time ago. I dunno what that means, if anything, pertaining to your "in writing" agreement.

Ack!! Alamaze was never art-rich, I don't think.

I think this was more due to the technology and medium at the time Maximus. The map, for its time, was super. Still is imo.

(01-30-2013, 03:28 PM)Ry Vor Wrote: Good news!

The return is well underway! We need to get some content posted to the Fall of Rome website on Alamaze including Rules and how to Sign Up. But otherwise internally testing has gone well.

We'll be introducing Alamaze Classic, which will be the game setup as players remember fondly. Alamaze will be ready in less than a fortnight!

The initial games will be available to active current members of the Fall of Rome community. For those looking to renew their Fall of Rome membership and so get into the first Alamaze games, send an email to support@kingdomsofarcania.com expressing your interest. Fall of Rome is now $24.95 for two months of virtually unlimited play (Imperator Service), sent via PayPal. We'll let you know details in our reply to your email.

I wanted to check up on this, because of your response to Rick Reed's post in the players forum. Does this mean that the FoR sign up section is working again? I don't want to miss out. Sould I resend an email to support@kingdomsofarcania.com?

Thanks again for all of your work, we all appreciate it.