Nature
Follow This Easy Process To Get Started Playing Alamaze
Step #1 - Register for Forum Account      Step #2 - Create New Player Account      Step #3 - Sign In  (to issue turn orders and join games)
ATTENTION: After Creating Player Account and Signing In, select the GAME QUEUE link in the Order System screen to Create or Join games.
Alamaze Website                 Search Forum              Contact Support@Alamaze.net

Player Aids             Rulebook             Spellbook             Help Guides             Kingdom Set-Ups             Kingdom Abbreviations             Valhalla             Discord

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Game?
(04-22-2023, 04:13 PM)gkmetty Wrote: So if you turn the ability to zero, will it still announce to everyone that my groups have entered a region? "Plague   -   A horrible plague has infected the people of The Diamond Coast killing many
 civilians!"?. If so, this is taking a perceived advantage and turning it into a disadvantage.  You would be punishing the DK kingdom due to a player not liking the affect.
DK will have its ability reduced to 1%, and will activate with a higher number of required troops.  This is "temporary" fix and I will evaluate after a couple months see if it impacts the DK negatively.  The change will happen in the next week or 2.
Brek

(04-22-2023, 10:01 PM)unclemike Wrote:
(04-22-2023, 01:04 AM)DuPont Wrote: I'll do it. 24 hours and the only twist will the the 'court wizard' thing with each kingdom starting with one Level 8.

Currently, this game signup has 7/12 kingdoms with only one wizard kingdom (Elementalist), which is interesting.

Does everyone realize that with a level 8 wizard, the wizard-style kingdoms may summon a mighty Iron Golem? That guy alone is more powerful than an entire Red Dragon brigade! And his special effect is that he breathes poisonous gas upon opposing forces that inflicts a -25% morale loss (not a fear effect so not limited). That's uber-powerful in my opinion.

So far, it seems that only Glowamane is willing to handle that kind of power...

To put it in perspective, here is some additional information without giving away any secret combat calculations:

PC:  Human town with defense 16,950 (normal loss divider ratio)

2SO: 1 Iron Golem brigade (Regular experience)
        no leaders
        100% morale
        0% attrition
        pwr-8 wizard (casting Shield spell)

Town successfully conquered by a single Iron Golem (and pwr-8 shield) that normally requires a group with a 33,900 combat rating.

If the Iron Golem was of Elite experience, it can take a town of 30,385 defense which is normally for groups of 60,770 combat value.

Conclusion: Iron Golems are tough!

Note: Actual battle results will vary due to the pc's randomly-generated loss divider ratio, if group morale greater than 100%, any leaders present, forged armor/weapons, artifacts, 1st group combat bonus, etc.

Do we only get the one wizard at lvl8? Or do u get the kingdom normal allotment?

My understanding is your 1st wizard in the group becomes an 8th level. The rest would remain unchained.

(04-22-2023, 11:33 PM)unclemike Wrote:
(04-22-2023, 10:01 PM)unclemike Wrote:
(04-22-2023, 01:04 AM)DuPont Wrote: I'll do it. 24 hours and the only twist will the the 'court wizard' thing with each kingdom starting with one Level 8.

Currently, this game signup has 7/12 kingdoms with only one wizard kingdom (Elementalist), which is interesting.

Does everyone realize that with a level 8 wizard, the wizard-style kingdoms may summon a mighty Iron Golem? That guy alone is more powerful than an entire Red Dragon brigade! And his special effect is that he breathes poisonous gas upon opposing forces that inflicts a -25% morale loss (not a fear effect so not limited). That's uber-powerful in my opinion.

So far, it seems that only Glowamane is willing to handle that kind of power...

To put it in perspective, here is some additional information without giving away any secret combat calculations:

PC:  Human town with defense 16,950 (normal loss divider ratio)

2SO: 1 Iron Golem brigade (Regular experience)
        no leaders
        100% morale
        0% attrition
        pwr-8 wizard (casting Shield spell)

Town successfully conquered by a single Iron Golem (and pwr-8 shield) that normally requires a group with a 33,900 combat rating.

If the Iron Golem was of Elite experience, it can take a town of 30,385 defense which is normally for groups of 60,770 combat value.

Conclusion: Iron Golems are tough!

Note: Actual battle results will vary due to the pc's randomly-generated loss divider ratio, if group morale greater than 100%, any leaders present, forged armor/weapons, artifacts, 1st group combat bonus, etc.

unclemike - Can you stop giving people idea's, I was very happy being the only mage nation  Tongue