Nature
Follow This Easy Process To Get Started Playing Alamaze
Step #1 - Register for Forum Account      Step #2 - Create New Player Account      Step #3 - Sign In  (to issue turn orders and join games)
ATTENTION: After Creating Player Account and Signing In, select the GAME QUEUE link in the Order System screen to Create or Join games.
Alamaze Website                 Search Forum              Contact Support@Alamaze.net

Player Aids             Rulebook             Spellbook             Help Guides             Kingdom Set-Ups             Kingdom Abbreviations             Valhalla             Discord

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kraken broken
Ry Vor or LM, i am having trouble casting Kraken. Cast it on turn 7 and 8 but it says it misfired. 
On the order entry page, says “column j must be map coordinate”. It only says this when i set it for standing order, which must be pushing the columns to the right (60) for standing order.
Of course i didnt notice this until this turn, so for two turns i have had enemies racing around my hallowed seas possibly unattacked.  
I have checked the areas entered are all sea areas.  
In summary, the order seems to fit until i set it for a standing order, then it misfires.  
I am the warlock game 5595

Also, Amazons king, dont read this.

Ok thanks!

So…the Kraken works as long as I do not set it on standing order. Amzons feel free to read this part

(05-21-2022, 01:21 AM)uncledarkside2 Wrote: So…the Kraken works as long as I do not set it on standing order.  Amzons feel free to read this part

Sorry, I can't get to it any time soon. Rick has me working on the next revision of Alamaze, and I'm in the middle of doing it. I can't go back to an earlier version of the software to make a fix for someone.

(05-21-2022, 01:17 PM)unclemike Wrote:
(05-21-2022, 01:21 AM)uncledarkside2 Wrote: So…the Kraken works as long as I do not set it on standing order.  Amzons feel free to read this part

Sorry, I can't get to it any time soon. Rick has me working on the next revision of Alamaze, and I'm in the middle of doing it. I can't go back to an earlier version of the software to make a fix for someone.

Thanks. Any chance you revise this part,

A person casting ward on their own king should not negate any beneficial spells such as “conjure prestige”.  I seem to do it every time i play a wizard kingdom, I ward my king to protect him then try to conjure prestige, but it is blocked by the ward spell.

I've had this same problem with other fleet type orders. If you delete the order and re enter it will eventually work as a standing order. I noticed that when you look at the order that didn't work and the one that eventually works there is one extra map coordinate on the one that works. Also try going to a different tab on order entry then going back to tab you need for your order before re entering it. Worked for me, hopefully works for you.

I'll see if I can fix the problem in the new release.

(06-07-2022, 11:35 AM)unclemike Wrote: I'll see if I can fix the problem in the new release.

It looks like this issue is unfixable due to the format of the orders file.

The reason why is that when the Kraken spell was changed from affecting the entire sea (just one column to assign) to 7 map areas, the data reaches the maximum column length of the order. When the spell is marked as a standing order, that extra column value pushes the other data values over by one column. This is why the last map area at column J gets removed.

You can see this yourself on the order entry website. First, fill out a normal Kraken with 7 map areas. Go to the Sumry tab and see the last column J value. Then go back to Magic tab and click on the standing order checkmark. Go to Sumry tab and see how all the column values are pushed over by one. The previous column J map area gets truncated due to the lack of space.

Sorry, but there's just not enough of columns to handle the situation. It's unfixable until the order format is expanded, which hasn't been done since the creation of Alamaze.

I just had a kraken give me a backrub. I think this spell is underpowered.

(06-13-2022, 12:46 AM)Pine Needle Wrote: I just had a kraken give me a backrub. I think this spell is underpowered.

Yep, and Rick gave me his changes to the spell earlier this year. An interesting change is that the Kraken won't trigger a sea battle. More later...