Nature
Follow This Easy Process To Get Started Playing Alamaze
Step #1 - Register for Forum Account      Step #2 - Create New Player Account      Step #3 - Sign In  (to issue turn orders and join games)
ATTENTION: After Creating Player Account and Signing In, select the GAME QUEUE link in the Order System screen to Create or Join games.
Alamaze Website                 Search Forum              Contact Support@Alamaze.net

Player Aids             Rulebook             Spellbook             Help Guides             Kingdom Set-Ups             Kingdom Abbreviations             Valhalla             Discord

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
235 reorganize
Hey Unclemike, here is a question for you.  When you are laying siege to a population center, when the computer compares your group value vs PC to the PC defense, does it use the exact same number for your group as that listed under "value vs PC" on your turn result, or are there any possible positive modifiers to your actual "value vs PC?" that are not represented in that number?  Such as a minotaur valor or troll bonus vs PC (which is not included in the "value vs PC" number, I assume).

Goes by the value on your kingdom report.

(05-07-2022, 01:22 PM)Senior Tactician Wrote:
(05-07-2022, 11:41 AM)Lt Gisgo Wrote: Thanks for the tips.   What if 40+ turn games was a game type?  Maybe by then I could build an army that could take a legendary.

I have a sneaking suspicion that you and I are currently competing in a game with a lot of legendary castles in it  Wink

You should check out my forum post called cracking legendary, I'll be updating it to account for the new fear cap and new siege rules.  I suspect that most legendary castles will be sieged from now on, rather than popped off quickly by small teleporting mage armies... a profound improvement if you ask me.  I once took a legendary castle with 6 brigades with a 90% fear attack.

I have already seen a legendary castle fall to a group that could not have had more than 35% fear.  It was Acereracks Red Dragon, I was the halfling, he took two of my legendary's quite easily.  The dragons get 20% vs PCs, but I think most kingdoms could achieve it if that was your goal from the beginning of the game.

My next game I was going to try and build an army with literally the worst kingdom for taking a legendary, I just haven't figured out which kingdom that is yet.  I am leaning toward Rangers because the most fear those poor guys can muster is 10% (from mammoths, they do not get the fear spell).  I'm guessing group value vs PC would have to be in the 600,000 range, or more.

I read cracking legendary which was really useful but now with fear cap of say a 200000 legendary that could go down to 130,000.  With defense divider of 3.3 you would need 429,000 to take it I thought or am I missing something?   Also, thought you couldn't siege those but even if you can it's not easy getting an army that big.

Getting a 250k vs pc group is not that difficult, i currenly have one in a game im playing.  Some kingdoms will have more trouble than others though.  There was a rule change that now allows all castles to be sieged.  Im working on a post now with more specific instructions on how to bring down the big walls, ill get it out probably monday.