Nature
Follow This Easy Process To Get Started Playing Alamaze
Step #1 - Register for Forum Account      Step #2 - Create New Player Account      Step #3 - Sign In  (to issue turn orders and join games)
ATTENTION: After Creating Player Account and Signing In, select the GAME QUEUE link in the Order System screen to Create or Join games.
Alamaze Website                 Search Forum              Contact Support@Alamaze.net

Player Aids             Rulebook             Spellbook             Help Guides             Kingdom Set-Ups             Kingdom Abbreviations             Valhalla             Discord

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game 5583 3rd Qualifier No Unicorns to the SO
Lord Garth,

Feb 6:
Removed all pc defense bonuses from kingdom traits (Cunning, Industrious, Military Tradition, Siege Engineering, Stalwart) and Terrain Proficiency (e.g., Supremacy's +30% bonus) except for controlling a region (which still provides +10% pc defense).

Running 5 siege should by numbers give a -60% bonus to defense (I think this is high but thats whats in the troops description), When I hit your legendaries I had them sub zero for defense based on the math, the plan was to take all of them in 2 turns, then post my wizards in the area shielding away till the game ended, we both know how that went haha.

Brek,

I think you might be mistaken. That change affected the PC defense value of the kingdoms with those traits, not the attack value of your groups. Kingdoms with those 5 traits used to get a +10% DV to all their pops but no longer.

Still, I'm glad how it worked out.

The Sorceror is so tricky, he is a "good" kingdom that can recruit Paladins yet fills his armies with wargs and orcs.

(04-19-2022, 11:10 PM)Lord Garth Wrote: Brek,

I think you might be mistaken.   That change affected the PC defense value of the kingdoms with those traits, not the attack value of your groups.  Kingdoms with those 5 traits used to get a +10% DV to all their pops but no longer.

Still, I'm glad how it worked out.

Yah I'm not sure but here is how siege reads:
Siege Engineering: Bonus to laying siege: a town (not cities or villages) can be sieged in two turns (instead of 3). Non-allied emissaries attempting to relocate from a population center under siege will undergo a 50% chance of capture and 70% upon the completion of a siege (normally 30%/50%). Towns and cities attacked (#150 or derivative orders like #160) by a kingdom with Siege Engineering have 10% subtracted from their defense. 
Any war machine(s) they possess will give +15% to base combat strength in attacks against pc's.

My possession of two regions looked better on paper. For some reason Dakaria did not appreciate my Nomad hospitality and fought me to his bitter end. He even created a sanctuary and fought on from there. It was fun but kept me from consolidating and building up. Just when I started to get things under control the Lizard King drops out. I couldn't let a bunch of soul less skeletons from the NE or a giant fuzz ball from a galaxy not so far away take it, could I? After NE opened a can of Wookie ass, sorry whoop ass, on my proud 1NO he was then taken out by the SO. Alamaze food chain I guess. While this was going on Wookie and I continued our disagreement on who should get what in the Sword Coast. The highlight of my game was watching the first Warlock teleport to my region then beat feet back to their region. They needed the exercise anyway.