Nature
Follow This Easy Process To Get Started Playing Alamaze
Step #1 - Register for Forum Account      Step #2 - Create New Player Account      Step #3 - Sign In  (to issue turn orders and join games)
ATTENTION: After Creating Player Account and Signing In, select the GAME QUEUE link in the Order System screen to Create or Join games.
Alamaze Website                 Search Forum              Contact Support@Alamaze.net

Player Aids             Rulebook             Spellbook             Help Guides             Kingdom Set-Ups             Kingdom Abbreviations             Valhalla             Discord

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
5564 TY win!
Nice going by Pine Needle with a super fast win by a military kingdom.  The Wise One was building a super LI kingdom next to me with 12 wizards!  Scary stuff. 
Pine needs to tell us his story.

Victory By Rex Is The Tyrant Kingdom!
                           Game End Status Points

Place Kingdom    Player                Results-18  Grand Total

1     TY     Pine Needle               38,915      44,641
          2     LI     The Wise One              14,514      17,338
          3     UN     Runigruth                 13,103      16,857
          4     AN     Wookie Panz               11,703      14,680
          5     AM     Drogo                      9,540      12,366
          6     DE     Windstar                   9,420      12,085
          7     WA     Brek                      10,123      11,635
          8     IL     Vball Michael              8,549      11,015
          9     RD     Keeope                     7,360      10,050
         10     CI     Lt Gisgo                   7,406       9,686
         11     SO     uncledarkseid              4,300       5,000

"The Age of the Orc is at … oops… darn... Hand!"

The Great Goblin surveyed maps of his lands… “Weak, poor and with no access to ocean trading lanes.” He glanced at his “royal” court, Duke Othrad, the most distinguished of the lot, was “wrestling” with a dog on the floor for a bone, and least that was what is appeared at first, the Great Goblin dared not a second glance.

Wizards not much better, a cloaked figure with obscure features, was his only weapon in that arena. He quickly looked away as the figure noticed him and turned its face toward the king- two glowing eyes of fire its only feature, that and palpable hate for all living things, the Great Goblin included. “It’s bound to me, stronger than hatred of the living…” he thought.

But finally, he reached an area of strength- 2 brigades of massive but slow moving trolls, and many brigades of his own Tyrant troops. He knew once he raised his banner the peoples of the Untamed lands would answer in mass and force- orcs, trolls and tyrants to overwhelm any but the strongest rivals in Alamaze. This would be the king’s hammer- armies unending, spent like coin against enemies, as he could always raise more from the fecund Untamed lands.

And one more strategic strength he saw- the lands to the west were occupied by the Sorceror who would have no armies close in quality to the trolls for years, and the north, the land of the Necromancer. A king who could match the Goblin’s numbers, in time, but not strength, in the fertile fields of Nyvaria. Very tempting, and the Goblin had an army there already, what might it find on its journey back to home? There to the northwest in Pellinor was a problem, of course, as the Amazon Queen could match Tyrant strength if not numbers, and would likely overcome any but the biggest groups in the planes.

In the first months of the campaign, his plans went well as the city of Blackfire fell and the region quickly succumbed. More importantly, the Tyrant force in Nyvaria passed a town- likely the capital of the Necromancer. That king moved on the Goblin’s town in the region, while the Sorceror left the Tyrant holding untouched. Maybe the king of the dead needed to be taught a lesson?

So Goblin smashed the Necromancer brigades aside and looted his castle, just as another force arrived on the field- a brigade of Amazons flying on winged stallions- opposite the Tyrant mass of trolls, orcs and kingdom brigades. This was too good an opportunity and Fire Eye’s chaos spell ensured the total destruction of the force, winged stallions now enslaved as well.

She fought back of course, but her swift cavalry was no match against the walls of Black Fire or later Bronze Canyon. And the fear of the people for reprisal meant her nobles were not effective convincing them to join her banner- they’d rather live in fear of the Goblin, even throwing her Princess in chains after an ill received speech. Huge victories for the Tyrant, whose armies grew by three more brigades each turn. Nor were those armies bound to Nyvaria, and the Goblin glanced north. Sensing danger, the Warlock there spread evil lies throughout his land of Tyrant atrocities. But Goblin sent his winged forces west and quickly brought the battle to Pellinor, though could never locate the home of the Amazon queen.

When she did take towns in Untamed lands, the priestess NecroSally escaped, allowing important divinations later in the campaign.

Now was the time for decisive action, as other kingdoms would notice the Tyrant’s growth and respond.

The Sorceror had been attacked in Mythgar by the mighty Red Dragon. Although its armies were concerning, the Goblin thought those forces likely were scattered in the Red’s other lands and he could have a short decisive edge. And the gem… the great city of Stormgate. The Underworld lord of shadows had taken it early and invested it with a great castle. He no doubt thought none but the Red could take a citadel like that this early in the war, and no sane kingdom would risk the counterattack of assassination any attempt would create. He was wrong.

Peasants had reported a large force of the Demon Princes had entered Nyvaria so the Goblin declared them an ememy. The Princes would know their forces were no match for his, the the declaration of war could slow down his political efforts. More importantly, it would show the other kingdoms the Tyrants’ intent to go north.

Not his true intent, however.

Knowing the fear caused by his forces, and the vast morale created by hordes of orcs and trolls against cities, the great castle at Stormgate was no obstacle. Nor was the army of Underworld troops in the fields around Stormgate.

The Great Goblin cast the die, ordered his armies and nobles to the fields, and prepared for a second effort if necessary.

But the first effort did fail, for word of the attack reached the Red (or the Sorceror), and several of the Goblin’s retinue fell into deep comas, some kidnapped after that,

So Goblin prepared to die, but launched the second effort in spite of its sure failure. The numbers just did not add up- Pellinor would not fall. But it did. Doh.

Now, in literal possession of the keys to the kingdom of Alamaze, the Great Goblin figuratively decided to take a dump. Finishing up, he washed his hands, and said “One more try.”

His armies faced off against great forces of Red Dragon, which also lay outside his villages in Mythgar. The Amazon nobles continued to liberate citizens in Pellinor.

But the third try was the charm. Tyrant 2, Red Dragon 0 (though a 2-1 brigade advantage in the swamp helped.)

Takeaways:

I got lucky taking the winged stallions from the Amazon early as that let me take the battle to Pellinor fast. The Amazon bounced against Blackfire and Bronze Canyon and failed diplomatically several times (against Bronze Canyon when I captured a Prince).

The Tyrant inherent status quo was very important, even on the last turn when an Amazon governor and Red Dragon count (against a village!) both failed to usurp. I think I could have taken Pellinor next turn as my big group was at the city, but stuff was starting to come down (UN and DE, who knows what else?)

I seriously thought of putting recruit orcs on standing order, as every turn from 4 on I recruited 3 brigades of orcs in Untamed lands (I guess I took trolls a couple times after I got the leaders). Trolls are serious castle busters. Great companion brigades, even with Orcs being nerfed. Tyrant brigades are no slouches either and you get tons of them. Food could be a problem but Nyvaria was quite the bread basket, and I took it before turn 10. Then the ESO gives bonus trolls and influence.

I also had the staff of disdain which helped control the Red and Amazon politicians.

Lucky that the Amazon attacked the Necromancer at the same time I did as the Necromancer quickly dropped.

Good game.

(11-23-2021, 03:21 PM)Pine Needle Wrote: "The Age of the Orc is at … oops… darn... Hand!"

The Great Goblin surveyed maps of his lands… “Weak, poor and with no access to ocean trading lanes.” He glanced at his “royal” court, Duke Othrad, the most distinguished of the lot, was “wrestling” with a dog on the floor for a bone, and least that was what is appeared at first, the Great Goblin dared not a second glance.

Wizards not much better, a cloaked figure with obscure features, was his only weapon in that arena. He quickly looked away as the figure noticed him and turned its face toward the king- two glowing eyes of fire its only feature, that and palpable hate for all living things, the Great Goblin included. “It’s bound to me, stronger than hatred of the living…” he thought.

But finally, he reached an area of strength- 2 brigades of massive but slow moving trolls, and many brigades of his own Tyrant troops. He knew once he raised his banner the peoples of the Untamed lands would answer in mass and force- orcs, trolls and tyrants to overwhelm any but the strongest rivals in Alamaze. This would be the king’s hammer- armies unending, spent like coin against enemies, as he could always raise more from the fecund Untamed lands.

And one more strategic strength he saw- the lands to the west were occupied by the Sorceror who would have no armies close in quality to the trolls for years, and the north, the land of the Necromancer. A king who could match the Goblin’s numbers, in time, but not strength, in the fertile fields of Nyvaria. Very tempting, and the Goblin had an army there already, what might it find on its journey back to home? There to the northwest in Pellinor was a problem, of course, as the Amazon Queen could match Tyrant strength if not numbers, and would likely overcome any but the biggest groups in the planes.

In the first months of the campaign, his plans went well as the city of Blackfire fell and the region quickly succumbed. More importantly, the Tyrant force in Nyvaria passed a town- likely the capital of the Necromancer. That king moved on the Goblin’s town in the region, while the Sorceror left the Tyrant holding untouched. Maybe the king of the dead needed to be taught a lesson?

So Goblin smashed the Necromancer brigades aside and looted his castle, just as another force arrived on the field- a brigade of Amazons flying on winged stallions- opposite the Tyrant mass of trolls, orcs and kingdom brigades. This was too good an opportunity and Fire Eye’s chaos spell ensured the total destruction of the force, winged stallions now enslaved as well.

She fought back of course, but her swift cavalry was no match against the walls of Black Fire or later Bronze Canyon. And the fear of the people for reprisal meant her nobles were not effective convincing them to join her banner- they’d rather live in fear of the Goblin, even throwing her Princess in chains after an ill received speech. Huge victories for the Tyrant, whose armies grew by three more brigades each turn. Nor were those armies bound to Nyvaria, and the Goblin glanced north. Sensing danger, the Warlock there spread evil lies throughout his land of Tyrant atrocities. But Goblin sent his winged forces west and quickly brought the battle to Pellinor, though could never locate the home of the Amazon queen.

When she did take towns in Untamed lands, the priestess NecroSally escaped, allowing important divinations later in the campaign.

Now was the time for decisive action, as other kingdoms would notice the Tyrant’s growth and respond.

The Sorceror had been attacked in Mythgar by the mighty Red Dragon. Although its armies were concerning, the Goblin thought those forces likely were scattered in the Red’s other lands and he could have a short decisive edge. And the gem… the great city of Stormgate. The Underworld lord of shadows had taken it early and invested it with a great castle. He no doubt thought none but the Red could take a citadel like that this early in the war, and no sane kingdom would risk the counterattack of assassination any attempt would create. He was wrong.

Peasants had reported a large force of the Demon Princes had entered Nyvaria so the Goblin declared them an ememy. The Princes would know their forces were no match for his, the the declaration of war could slow down his political efforts. More importantly, it would show the other kingdoms the Tyrants’ intent to go north.

Not his true intent, however.

Knowing the fear caused by his forces, and the vast morale created by hordes of orcs and trolls against cities, the great castle at Stormgate was no obstacle. Nor was the army of Underworld troops in the fields around Stormgate.

The Great Goblin cast the die, ordered his armies and nobles to the fields, and prepared for a second effort if necessary.

But the first effort did fail, for word of the attack reached the Red (or the Sorceror), and several of the Goblin’s retinue fell into deep comas, some kidnapped after that,

So Goblin prepared to die, but launched the second effort in spite of its sure failure. The numbers just did not add up- Pellinor would not fall. But it did. Doh.

Now, in literal possession of the keys to the kingdom of Alamaze, the Great Goblin figuratively decided to take a dump. Finishing up, he washed his hands, and said “One more try.”

His armies faced off against great forces of Red Dragon, which also lay outside his villages in Mythgar. The Amazon nobles continued to liberate citizens in Pellinor.

But the third try was the charm. Tyrant 2, Red Dragon 0 (though a 2-1 brigade advantage in the swamp helped.)

Takeaways:

I got lucky taking the winged stallions from the Amazon early as that let me take the battle to Pellinor fast. The Amazon bounced against Blackfire and Bronze Canyon and failed diplomatically several times (against Bronze Canyon when I captured a Prince).

The Tyrant inherent status quo was very important, even on the last turn when an Amazon governor and Red Dragon count (against a village!) both failed to usurp. I think I could have taken Pellinor next turn as my big group was at the city, but stuff was starting to come down (UN and DE, who knows what else?)

I seriously thought of putting recruit orcs on standing order, as every turn from 4 on I recruited 3 brigades of orcs in Untamed lands (I guess I took trolls a couple times after I got the leaders). Trolls are serious castle busters. Great companion brigades, even with Orcs being nerfed. Tyrant brigades are no slouches either and you get tons of them. Food could be a problem but Nyvaria was quite the bread basket, and I took it before turn 10. Then the ESO gives bonus trolls and influence.

I also had the staff of disdain which helped control the Red and Amazon politicians.

Lucky that the Amazon attacked the Necromancer at the same time I did as the Necromancer quickly dropped.

Good game.

Nice write up and it is rare to see a military kingdom get a victory these days.  Well done.

Great write up, and congrats on a solid win!! Very decisive!
Keeope