Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New confederation game?
Grad school... Well, I'm not sure how to make my exploits there amusing without being overly crude.  Suffice it to say I was an non-traditional student, former Marine, surrounded by nerds.  There was a great degree of, shall we say... curiosity.  I think my boss only accepted me as a student because I was former service, it certainly wasn't for my grades.  I'll convey one story I have always enjoyed.

We were getting a new professor in the department, a real superstar flush with federal money. they were renovating half of our building to suit him.  He asked for a meeting with the grad students on how the department could improve the curriculum.  I'd never spoken to the guy or even remember seeing him previously, and none of us spoke much during the meeting.  Finally he started to get a little frustrated and he turned to me and asked "You've been here a while, how do you think we can improve things?"  I responded "I've only been here 3 months I haven't even taken a class yet."  He said "Really?  You walk around here like you own the place."

I never really thought much about how I "walked around here" but it must have been with a great degree of visible confidence.  Of course, he could also have been making assumptions based on my age.  That guy ended up not coming to our university, people were wicked pissed with all the construction going on in the building to make his new lab, I don't think anyone was sorry he changed his mind about coming.  Scientists are a strange bunch.
Here is some more that you will be convinced is fiction:  Our lab had a post-doc who I was assigned to when I first arrived, a super hottie, southern belle type and I shit you not her name was Cantey Land.  Google will confirm, try searching Cantey land and memory.  Never got with her though, while I was able to make a decent tally, there was this other guy from Canada in the neighboring lab who was the real shit, dude tried HARD but he had the look down pat, scruffy, disheveled, he'd walk around the lab with a syringe of cocaine behind his ear like he could possibly "forget" it was there.  Came to the bar like that once.  Slept with so many chicks in his lab they had to move his office to ours.  He and Cantey were a thing the whole time she was there... a shame.

One of the grade students I worked most with was a little red-head named Sarah, she was married, so she became my little buddy and confidant.  I'd get the scoop on all the department shorties from her, but as time wore on, I started to notice whenever I'd ask about someone she'd start to get a bit distant, turns out she was in an open relationship with her husband and was starting to feel jealous.  Needless to say once that information was made available we ended up with a new morning routine.
I'd have to say that my greatest success was actually during my post-doc in Buffalo.  I was pushing 40 by now, I thought my days of tagging young tail were pretty much over.  The scientist who served as my mentor had a single grad student, Amy, a smoking hottie who he was obviously in love with, creepy bastard.  She was fully 17 years my junior and I was hesitant to even give it a try, but I asked her to a Halloween themed wine tour and ended up living with her the whole time I was in Buffalo, a great city by the way.  The research institute on addictions where we worked was directly across the street from the Anchor Bar, the originator of buffalo wings.  Amy loved to eat but she never gained an ounce, 100lbs soaking wet the whole three years I was there.  I, on the other hand, as a result of our constant culinary exploits, gained a significant amount of weight, lost interest in sex, and tragically screwed that up.  Its been downhill since.
All this time, I thought 'buffalo wings' were a reference to the animal and never thought it made much sense. I had NO idea it was a reference to the city.
(06-06-2021, 08:59 AM)DuPont Wrote: All this time, I thought 'buffalo wings' were a reference to the animal and never thought it made much sense. I had NO idea it was a reference to the city.

Indeed.  And It may be just a fond memory being overemphasized in my head, but they did have the best damned wings I've ever had.  The sauce obviously was key, but the wings were so large and juicy, I didn't know chickens got so big, they were almost like drumsticks.
(06-05-2021, 04:28 PM)Senior Tactician Wrote: Fine... I got it guys... please confirm this, and vote on regions for victory

Brek- NE/Nyveria
Brek- SO/Diamond Coast
Senior Tac- DU/Darkover
Senior Tac- HA/Crown Islands
Windstar- GN/Krynn
Windstar- IL/Sword Coast IL
Painted- AT/Zamora
Painted- RA/Mythgar
Dupont- BL/Pellinro
Dupont- RD/Untamed
Pine Needle- PI/Triumvia
Pine Needle- DE/Zanthia

1 week turn-around, 7 regions for victory?.

I propose 8 regions for victory.  I played this kind of game once, don't know if I've mentioned it, and 7 regions was pretty easy.

Once confirmed I'll email it to support.
Nothing came into support so I am going with the above.
Eric Truxell <eric.truxell@gmail.com>
to:
support@alamaze.co
date:
Jun 5, 2021, 9:51 PM
subject:
Confed game
mailed-by:
gmail.com

Is this the correct address?
(06-06-2021, 01:28 PM)Senior Tactician Wrote: from:
Eric Truxell <eric.truxell@gmail.com>
to:
support@alamaze.co
date:
Jun 5, 2021, 9:51 PM
subject:
Confed game
mailed-by:
gmail.com

Is this the correct address?

Yep.  Not received. 

I am going to hold off though regarding the one week turnaround.  That would mean these players would have two service level slots consumed for most of the year.  That's not good for starting other games quickly.

I'd say it's either four day max (96 hours) or everyone does All-in (no setup or slots) at $49.95 or stick with regular max 72 hours and choose setup and slots or all-in.

Sorry to be gauche but such is the world of further customizing the already customized in an otherwise automated world. :-)
Yeah I wasn't too keen on that either... screw Brek, put it in for 24 hr!!!

Kidding, three days.

Thanks Rick.
I agree. Thanks Rick for everything you do for us!