Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Patrols moving over sea areas?
Sorry if the answer to this question is listed somewhere, but I couldn't find where....Can patrols move over sea areas using regular movement ?
Thank You
(05-02-2021, 02:15 PM)Broody Wrote: Sorry if the answer to this question is listed somewhere, but I couldn't find where....Can patrols move over sea areas using regular movement ?
Thank You

Use a sea move.  You need 1 ship to carry a patrol.
Or an elite ship in that sea. It will allow sea movement of unlimited patrols.
I could be wrong, but I don't think a patrol needs a ship, elite or otherwise.  Its just that if you get intercepted by a sea patrol, your patrol automatically visits Davy Jones' Locker.  Elite ships don't get intercepted, and a single ship will at least give you a fighting chance to escape.
A patrol needs one fleet or an elite ship to end on a sea square. There's a spell that you can use to cross a sea, but you have to end on a land square.
Got it ! Thank you for all the replies.
(05-02-2021, 02:54 PM)Senior Tactician Wrote: I could be wrong, but I don't think a patrol needs a ship, elite or otherwise.  Its just that if you get intercepted by a sea patrol, your patrol automatically visits Davy Jones' Locker.  Elite ships don't get intercepted, and a single ship will at least give you a fighting chance to escape.

Senior Tactician should be right.  A patrol can cross without a fleet or elite ship, but can be interdicted and if so the patrol will be lost, whereas with an elite ship it avoids interdiction.  The patrol automatically takes the elite ship if there is one. 

Yes, you need to use a sea move any time sea is involved in the move, even as the starting area.

I would add groups with brigades can move and combine or transfer troops after movement even if that exceeds the number of fleets. For example, a kingdom with 3 fleets could move two (or more) groups of 3 brigades each and combine the brigades post-move to have 6 or more brigades in one group. However, the group won't be able to move without either splitting up again or building more fleets.
(05-03-2021, 10:36 PM)Ry Vor Wrote:
(05-02-2021, 02:54 PM)Senior Tactician Wrote: I could be wrong, but I don't think a patrol needs a ship, elite or otherwise.  Its just that if you get intercepted by a sea patrol, your patrol automatically visits Davy Jones' Locker.  Elite ships don't get intercepted, and a single ship will at least give you a fighting chance to escape.

Senior Tactician should be right.  A patrol can cross without a fleet or elite ship, but can be interdicted and if so the patrol will be lost, whereas with an elite ship it avoids interdiction.  The patrol automatically takes the elite ship if there is one. 

Yes, you need to use a sea move any time sea is involved in the move, even as the starting area.

I would add groups with brigades can move and combine or transfer troops after movement even if that exceeds the number of fleets.  For example, a kingdom with 3 fleets could move two (or more) groups of 3 brigades each and combine the brigades post-move to have 6 or more brigades in one group.  However, the group won't be able to move without either splitting up again or building more fleets.

Actually they could move away with a teleport order.  It won't get you into a sea square but it can get you out.
Ship of mist will also get you OFF the water.  But lets remember the important truth we learned here today, from the man himself.  Senior Tactician should be correct.  This will usually be the case.
(05-04-2021, 03:46 PM)Senior Tactician Wrote: Ship of mist will also get you OFF the water.  But lets remember the important truth we learned here today, from the man himself.  Senior Tactician should be correct.  This will usually be the case.

All hail Senior!