Nature
Follow This Easy Process To Get Started Playing Alamaze
Step #1 - Register for Forum Account      Step #2 - Create New Player Account      Step #3 - Sign In  (to issue turn orders and join games)
ATTENTION: After Creating Player Account and Signing In, select the GAME QUEUE link in the Order System screen to Create or Join games.
Alamaze Website                 Search Forum              Contact Support@Alamaze.net

Player Aids             Rulebook             Spellbook             Help Guides             Kingdom Set-Ups             Kingdom Abbreviations             Valhalla             Discord

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Twins at an unusual encounter
(01-23-2021, 11:54 AM)Wookie Panz Wrote:
(01-23-2021, 10:39 AM)Senior Tactician Wrote:
(01-23-2021, 02:58 AM)Eregnon Wrote:
(01-22-2021, 07:37 PM)Senior Tactician Wrote: oh my what a great idea for leader raises....  I still like my idea of filling stormgate with governors.... then repeatedly over-recruiting and attacking it, building a baron each time.

Do your emissaries get kicked out if you over-recruit, or does that just apply to taxation?

nope, only when taxing.

Wow!  A new wrinkle and I didn't even have to get older for it!  Thanks Senior.  Of course RY Vor will consider this an exploit and put an end to it before I can use it.

Any time my friend.  I actually did this in one game, I hired a governor and named him "of Stormgate"  and when he was promoted to be the Baron of stormgate, his name was baron of stormgate... I chuckled a little bit...

I also hired a level one agent in one game and named him gollem and had him transfer the ring of invisibility to another agent (unfortunately I could not name name the agent Bilbo, because there was a governor named bilbo... sucks).  Bilbo, Frodo, Pippen and the like should really be agents, or group leaders, not emissaries.

Alamaze is a complex game with various nuances that are both good and bad to the game. Some make the game more interesting like certain spell combinations that work well together while others could be taken advantage of by certain players. It's up to you on how you wish to play the game.

If people want to "cheat" in the game, just keep in mind that it's not very sportsmanlike towards others if you do. We've had some anonymous games where players cheated by sending emails to each other behind the backs of everyone else. I guess they felt good doing this and won the game and even bragged about it but please don't say that you're the best players around when you engage in activities like this.

Rick and I try to correct design and coding aspects when we come across them but due to limited time and resources, we may not catch everything for the release of a new update. Most of the player community plays fair with each other but every once in a while, something comes up that may tick off everyone else and players end up leaving. Just imagine if Alamaze no longer existed, that would suck in my opinion...

(01-23-2021, 12:47 PM)unclemike Wrote: Alamaze is a complex game with various nuances that are both good and bad to the game. Some make the game more interesting like certain spell combinations that work well together while others could be taken advantage of by certain players. It's up to you on how you wish to play the game.

If people want to "cheat" in the game, just keep in mind that it's not very sportsmanlike towards others if you do. We've had some anonymous games where players cheated by sending emails to each other behind the backs of everyone else. I guess they felt good doing this and won the game and even bragged about it but please don't say that you're the best players around when you engage in activities like this.

Rick and I try to correct design and coding aspects when we come across them but due to limited time and resources, we may not catch everything for the release of a new update. Most of the player community plays fair with each other but every once in a while, something comes up that may tick off everyone else and players end up leaving. Just imagine if Alamaze no longer existed, that would suck in my opinion...

Yeah, try getting Rick to admit that happens.  Some people even create multiple accounts and join a single game with more than one kingdom.  Baffling.