Nature
Follow This Easy Process To Get Started Playing Alamaze
Step #1 - Register for Forum Account      Step #2 - Create New Player Account      Step #3 - Sign In  (to issue turn orders and join games)
ATTENTION: After Creating Player Account and Signing In, select the GAME QUEUE link in the Order System screen to Create or Join games.
Alamaze Website                 Search Forum              Contact Support@Alamaze.net

Player Aids             Rulebook             Spellbook             Help Guides             Kingdom Set-Ups             Kingdom Abbreviations             Valhalla             Discord

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Attack order and Siege order same turn?
Order checker does not list this as an error.

If a group attacks and is stopped by a dome with the siege order go through?
-This Khal Drogo, it's said he has a hundred thousand men in his horde

(10-16-2020, 07:41 PM)Drogo Wrote: Order checker does not list this as an error.

If a group attacks and is stopped by a dome with the siege order go through?

Yes  Dome doesn’t stop a siege.

By using this complex incantation, a powerful mage can cause a magical dome of protection to protect any population center in the region of the spellcaster from all military attacks for the duration of that month, similar to the workings of a wall of flame. The spell has no effect against political actions, parleys, diplomacy spells, or siege. The population center can be controlled by any kingdom. Put the PC location in Column "C".

I know that dome doesn't stop siege but I did not know you could have a group both attack (150) and siege (190) the same turn in case the attack order is stopped by a dome.

I think maybe the Siege order fails because you already tried to attack. Anyone know for sure?

Your group may only issue one order against the pop center. In the past, people were issuing two or more orders like parley then siege in case the first fails which is "cheating" in a way. So the code was corrected to allow only one interaction with the pc. That includes the wizard's diplomacy spell btw. So decide if you wish to attack, parley, diplo, threaten, or siege because your group only has one shot per turn. You could have two groups at the pc and issue different orders for each group if you like...

I think I knew the above, was just confused that it didn't call up flag on the order checker.

does diplomacy even work? Ive tried it against neutral towns with a pw3, friendly, and it still fails.
what are the guidlines/info to get this to work

(10-18-2020, 03:45 AM)Agent Orange Wrote: does diplomacy even work? Ive tried it against neutral towns with a pw3, friendly, and it still fails.
what are the guidlines/info to get this to work

Your group has to have some strength. There is a spreadsheet floating around somewhere that helps with the calculations. I think it might be on the orders website. It covers 170 and the wizard diplomacy but does not cover intimidate.

All the documents are on the Help Guides website...click on the link at the login page...see attachment

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)