Nature
Follow This Easy Process To Get Started Playing Alamaze
Step #1 - Register for Forum Account      Step #2 - Create New Player Account      Step #3 - Sign In  (to issue turn orders and join games)
ATTENTION: After Creating Player Account and Signing In, select the GAME QUEUE link in the Order System screen to Create or Join games.
Alamaze Website                 Search Forum              Contact Support@Alamaze.net

Player Aids             Rulebook             Spellbook             Help Guides             Kingdom Set-Ups             Kingdom Abbreviations             Valhalla             Discord

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wall of Flame use
Is the spell wall of flame considered a battle spell? I ask this because some kingdoms have spell resistances to battle magic, and wonder if this would apply if cast defensively.

(09-22-2020, 11:38 PM)Windstar Wrote: Is the spell wall of flame considered a battle spell? I ask this because some kingdoms have spell resistances to battle magic, and wonder if this would apply if cast defensively.

I think UM just spoke about this on another thread. It was listed as a spell that could be dispelled, which would make it a battle spell. I think. I've never had someone 'resist' a wall of flame (yet).

From UncleMike's other post:

I looked up the code since I haven't done any changes in this area in a while, and it shows that you can dispel the following:

battle spells: lightning attack, firestrike, command tornado, earthquake
protect heroes and wizards
stun leader
kill leader/wizard
crack the sky
wall of flame
shield
guarded attack
chaos
fear/valor
ancient intervention (cast only by Ancient Ones)

I think in the next update to the code, these spells will be added:
wind storm
flash flood

Self invisible is the main protection spell. It is by design that self invisible will be not be dispelled.

(09-23-2020, 09:19 PM)The Painted Man Wrote: From UncleMike's other post:

I looked up the code since I haven't done any changes in this area in a while, and it shows that you can dispel the following:

battle spells: lightning attack, firestrike, command tornado, earthquake
 protect heroes and wizards
 stun leader
 kill leader/wizard
 crack the sky
 wall of flame
 shield
 guarded attack
 chaos
 fear/valor
 ancient intervention (cast only by Ancient Ones)

I think in the next update to the code, these spells will be added:
 wind storm
 flash flood

Self invisible is the main protection spell. It is by design that self invisible will be not be dispelled.
Agreed.  The only thing is I would like to have a pre-battle section of combat to explain why your leader got stunned or why you are down two brigades.

(09-23-2020, 10:46 PM)Ry Vor Wrote: Agreed.  The only thing is I would like to have a pre-battle section of combat to explain why your leader got stunned or why you are down two brigades.

Are you talking in the actual battle narrative? Because yeah, that would be cool. I think it tells you about the stunned leader but not the results of summon death.