Nature
Follow This Easy Process To Get Started Playing Alamaze
Step #1 - Register for Forum Account      Step #2 - Create New Player Account      Step #3 - Sign In  (to issue turn orders and join games)
ATTENTION: After Creating Player Account and Signing In, select the GAME QUEUE link in the Order System screen to Create or Join games.
Alamaze Website                 Search Forum              Contact Support@Alamaze.net

Player Aids             Rulebook             Spellbook             Help Guides             Kingdom Set-Ups             Kingdom Abbreviations             Valhalla             Discord

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
EL and flanking
(09-15-2020, 04:50 PM)Acererak Wrote: Ahh, memories of The Giants and Trolls and their (at the time) unique recruiting abilities. Nothing was more fun than running roughshod over the map with huge Troll groups.

Invis army groups were also super fun. As was taking Avalon with two brigades and a p4.

The intention is that Sacred Order gain rider trait and Elves / Dark Elves lose both Riders and a fifth group.

I would like a few of our players to comment on having a fifth group.   It seems powerful, but there hasn't been much discussion about it.  I have  also thought about granting a fifth group either as a customization option or given if say, control of two regions.

I'm happy with the low drop rate now.  I give a lot of credit to Mike for that for how great the order entry site is. 

I still do not know what to do with the dozens to hundreds of people that establish an account and never play.

(09-15-2020, 06:25 PM)Ry Vor Wrote: The intention is that Sacred Order gain rider trait and Elves / Dark Elves lose both Riders and a fifth group.

I would like a few of our players to comment on having a fifth group.   It seems powerful, but there hasn't been much discussion about it.  I have  also thought about granting a fifth group either as a customization option or given if say, control of two regions.

I'm happy with the low drop rate now.  I give a lot of credit to Mike for that for how great the order entry site is. 

I still do not know what to do with the dozens to hundreds of people that establish an account and never play.

Based on the half dozen or so Maelstrom games I have played so far, my assessment is that for kingdoms who have an easy time building militaries, 5+ groups is powerful.  For kingdoms who struggle a bit to build militaries, 5 groups is a minor convenience.  Magic kingdoms having 5 groups, I think, would be overpowered in the late game due to all the summons and companions they have.

One thing I have been a bit confused over is why UN has 5 groups, but DW has 4 (coincidentally, UN does very well, DW does very poorly, so switching that might serve a balance purpose).  LI also seems like he should have 5, maybe EL too.