Nature
Follow This Easy Process To Get Started Playing Alamaze
Step #1 - Register for Forum Account      Step #2 - Create New Player Account      Step #3 - Sign In  (to issue turn orders and join games)
ATTENTION: After Creating Player Account and Signing In, select the GAME QUEUE link in the Order System screen to Create or Join games.
Alamaze Website                 Search Forum              Contact Support@Alamaze.net

Player Aids             Rulebook             Spellbook             Help Guides             Kingdom Set-Ups             Kingdom Abbreviations             Valhalla             Discord

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another hypothetical question
So let's suppose that an army and a division show up at an unusual encounter.
Who gets first dibs on going after it? Is it the army, because it is bigger, and thus more intimidating?
Enquiring minds want to know.

I think 50/50 chance, randomized

(09-12-2020, 04:54 PM)uncledarkseid Wrote: I think 50/50 chance, randomized

It goes first to Draugr, then 50/50 after that.

(09-12-2020, 06:09 PM)The Painted Man Wrote:
(09-12-2020, 04:54 PM)uncledarkseid Wrote: I think 50/50 chance, randomized

It goes first to Draugr, then 50/50 after that.

Always enjoy a chuckle.  Yeah, the code says, "If Draugr, then select, else, randomize."

Brigades plus have advantage (go first) over patrols, after that, it is random.

Huh. Learned something new! Didnt realize having troops gave you dibs over a patrol. I shall have to find some troops!

(09-12-2020, 09:23 PM)The Painted Man Wrote: Huh. Learned something new! Didnt realize having troops gave you dibs over a patrol. I shall have to find some troops!

It's on page 203(g)(II)($)n of the rulebook, you dolt

It's random like any other order. Rick must be mistaken. Troops are not favored over others and I don't think the original first cycle games worked like that...

(09-13-2020, 11:14 PM)unclemike Wrote: It's random like any other order. Rick must be mistaken. Troops are not favored over others and I don't think the original first cycle games worked like that...

Well Rick thinks he is a hobbit.... so...... Smile

(09-13-2020, 11:14 PM)unclemike Wrote: It's random like any other order. Rick must be mistaken. Troops are not favored over others and I don't think the original first cycle games worked like that...

OK, I know what I wrote, but I don't know what is in the code.

That said, Uncle Mike has taken us beyond what I thought.  But this is not like Microsoft where there is a team looking over code vs. design.  Generally, I think Mike interprets my intentions pretty well.  I guess I am not to be completely trusted on how things work.  It's all cool though, I think we are all enjoying Alamaze.  Bring your friends!

Windstar keep asking the questions it helps a lot of us who are newer and dont know either!