Nature
Follow This Easy Process To Get Started Playing Alamaze
Step #1 - Register for Forum Account      Step #2 - Create New Player Account      Step #3 - Sign In  (to issue turn orders and join games)
ATTENTION: After Creating Player Account and Signing In, select the GAME QUEUE link in the Order System screen to Create or Join games.
Alamaze Website                 Search Forum              Contact Support@Alamaze.net

Player Aids             Rulebook             Spellbook             Help Guides             Kingdom Set-Ups             Kingdom Abbreviations             Valhalla             Discord

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hyptothetical question
I looked up the code since I haven't done any changes in this area in a while, and it shows that you can dispel the following:

battle spells: lightning attack, firestrike, command tornado, earthquake
    from experimental game #300 (not active): ice torrent, acid rain, prismatic rays, disintegrate, cry of the banshee
  protect heroes and wizards
  stun leader
  kill leader/wizard
  crack the sky
  wall of flame
  shield
  guarded attack
  chaos
  fear/valor
  ancient intervention (cast only by Ancient Ones)

I think in the next update to the code, these spells will be added:
  wind storm
  flash flood

Self invisible is the main protection spell. It is by design that self invisible will be not be dispelled.

(09-09-2020, 05:33 PM)unclemike Wrote: I looked up the code since I haven't done any changes in this area in a while, and it shows that you can dispel the following:

from experimental game #300 (not active): ice torrent, acid rain, prismatic rays, disintegrate, cry of the banshee
  stun leader
  kill leader/wizard
  crack the sky
  wall of flame
  shield
  guarded attack
  chaos
  fear/valor

wind storm
  flash flood

Self invisible is the main protection spell. It is by design that self invisible will be not be dispelled.

I did not see dispel mentioned, so Painted is correct?  Can you not dispel the dispel spell?  I have been suffering under the assumption that dispel could be dispelled, so when I want to take a shot at dispelling dispel, I will choose dispel (any).  When I don't want to waste a spell dispelling the dispel spell, I choose dispel (94).

Dispelling dispel is only a 50% shot anyway, since they are both spell #92, obviously, they would go in random order (if it still works).

(09-09-2020, 05:33 PM)unclemike Wrote: I looked up the code since I haven't done any changes in this area in a while, and it shows that you can dispel the following:

stun leader
  kill leader/wizard
  crack the sky
  wall of flame
  shield
  guarded attack
  chaos
  fear/valor

wind storm
  flash flood

Thanks. Very interesting. I appreciate your candor and the thoughtfullness of this threat- AO spell can be dispelled? Mind blown.

(09-09-2020, 10:40 PM)Pine Needle Wrote: Thanks. Very interesting. I appreciate your candor and the thoughtfullness of this threat- AO spell can be dispelled? Mind blown.

Right, but it makes you wonder where you have to be to dispel it. If the AN group is at AA, but the battle is at ZZ, where do you have to be to dispel?

How many spells can a spell caster dispel if a spell caster could dispel spells?

(09-10-2020, 12:34 AM)The Painted Man Wrote:
(09-09-2020, 10:40 PM)Pine Needle Wrote: Thanks. Very interesting. I appreciate your candor and the thoughtfullness of this threat- AO spell can be dispelled? Mind blown.

Right, but it makes you wonder where you have to be to dispel it. If the AN group is at AA, but the battle is at ZZ, where do you have to be to dispel?

I'm guessing dispel would only work if in the same spot, so kind of next to useless.

It would be cool to see the data on total dispels and which spell is most dispelled.