Nature
Follow This Easy Process To Get Started Playing Alamaze
Step #1 - Register for Forum Account      Step #2 - Create New Player Account      Step #3 - Sign In  (to issue turn orders and join games)
ATTENTION: After Creating Player Account and Signing In, select the GAME QUEUE link in the Order System screen to Create or Join games.
Alamaze Website                 Search Forum              Contact Support@Alamaze.net

Player Aids             Rulebook             Spellbook             Help Guides             Kingdom Set-Ups             Kingdom Abbreviations             Valhalla             Discord

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
An Possible Issue
(06-16-2020, 06:21 PM)Senior Tactician Wrote: Seriously though I kind of like it the way it is.  To make it possible to take a great castle politically, no matter how difficult you make it, you just set up a situation were someone can send in like 10 barons all 315 since it stacks now.

You could just eliminate legendary castles, or make it so that if you own one legendary, you cant build another one.

It would be the same politically as militarily.  You need a big military to take a legendary castle, same concept with emmies.  Need a combo of high influence, top emmies to take one.   I would love to see it switched when possible.  One game I have 11 princes and nothing much to do with them.  
Ry vor rules

(06-17-2020, 12:29 AM)uncledarkseid Wrote:
(06-16-2020, 06:21 PM)Senior Tactician Wrote: Seriously though I kind of like it the way it is.  To make it possible to take a great castle politically, no matter how difficult you make it, you just set up a situation were someone can send in like 10 barons all 315 since it stacks now.

You could just eliminate legendary castles, or make it so that if you own one legendary, you cant build another one.

It would be the same politically as militarily.  You need a big military to take a legendary castle, same concept with emmies.  Need a combo of high influence, top emmies to take one.   I would love to see it switched when possible.  One game I have 11 princes and nothing much to do with them.  
Ry vor rules

I'm sort of more concerned about the eleven princes than the great castle issue.   I'm still a little annoyed in the Maelstrom playtest we heard "Oh my god, all my people are going to starve", and then heard people bragging about having 7 legendary castles at a total cost each of 360,000 food.  I'm guessing then the people are fat and happy.

From the developer's point of view, having castles that prevent emissary takeover is pretty unique. I remember when Rick sent me the design concept of having certain fortifications that prevent political action and I thought, that is such a cool idea, we gotta have it! I still think that btw so I hope people reconsider and allow this unique feature to continue in the game.

Sure people make mistakes every now and then where a castle may cause trouble but there's always a workaround in Alamaze. You can have a bunch of agents or wizards (meteor strike) that whittle down a pc defenses. I've actually done this in a game where I had several pwr-6 wizards doing so for several turns and it worked out in the end for me.

So I say, let's take a moment and reconsider the value of this special and quite unique concept in the game...

(06-17-2020, 12:58 AM)Ry Vor Wrote:
(06-17-2020, 12:29 AM)uncledarkseid Wrote:

Ry vor rules

I'm sort of more concerned about the eleven princes than the great castle issue.   I'm still a little annoyed in the Maelstrom playtest we heard "Oh my god, all my people are going to starve", and then heard people bragging about having 7 legendary castles at a total cost each of 360,000 food.  I'm guessing then the people are fat and happy.
I may be the "people " that Ry Vor refers to in both cases.  I did have a game with a great many legendary castles.  It would seem that crow is on my menuSmile

I am okay with castles preventing political activity for the most part, I just think an exception should be made for pop centers that fall into Neutral or Human status.

(06-17-2020, 11:55 AM)unclemike Wrote: From the developer's point of view, having castles that prevent emissary takeover is pretty unique. I remember when Rick sent me the design concept of having certain fortifications that prevent political action and I thought, that is such a cool idea, we gotta have it! I still think that btw so I hope people reconsider and allow this unique feature to continue in the game.

Sure people make mistakes every now and then where a castle may cause trouble but there's always a workaround in Alamaze. You can have a bunch of agents or wizards (meteor strike) that whittle down a pc defenses. I've actually done this in a game where I had several pwr-6 wizards doing so for several turns and it worked out in the end for me.

So I say, let's take a moment and reconsider the value of this special and quite unique concept in the game...

You did that to me!