Nature
Follow This Easy Process To Get Started Playing Alamaze
Step #1 - Register for Forum Account      Step #2 - Create New Player Account      Step #3 - Sign In  (to issue turn orders and join games)
ATTENTION: After Creating Player Account and Signing In, select the GAME QUEUE link in the Order System screen to Create or Join games.
Alamaze Website                 Search Forum              Contact Support@Alamaze.net

Player Aids             Rulebook             Spellbook             Help Guides             Kingdom Set-Ups             Kingdom Abbreviations             Valhalla             Discord

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
5472 Steel No Fly
Does this ready button even work? :-)

Which reminds me, what is the lowest possible turnaround time in the game setup? I would like to try doing a super fast turnaround game on a Sunday sometime. 30 minute turnaround but first 5 turns being 10 minute turnaround no comms. Could be a blast.

I think UM just changed it to 24 hours. Used to be any number of minutes.

I would love to play a speed game, but finding 11 other people who could do it seems unlikely.

I would be down for that. The only problem is if we don't finish in a day, that quick timeframe would be tough for folks come Monday. We tried a 24 hour game with the hope people would go faster, but it ran right on the 24 hour mark pretty much every turn due to one player, so if 24 hours is the fastest allowable, then it will run a turn a day or so.

(06-08-2020, 07:32 PM)Acererak Wrote: Does this ready button even work? :-)

Which reminds me, what is the lowest possible turnaround time in the game setup? I would like to try doing a super fast turnaround game on a Sunday sometime. 30 minute turnaround but first 5 turns being 10 minute turnaround no comms. Could be a blast.

Looking forward to free code to get us there.  Or, maybe if it cost a coder to do that say, $2500, you would do a "fund me"?

Related, does anyone know of any other quaintly called "PBM" do three day turn cycles, or $1 turns?  Seriously, just wondering. 

Meanwhile anyone, try not to be last in your game to hit "Ready" twice in a row.

I'd play a speed game Sunday. We could have a time cutoff (e.g. with points winning at that time.) and a group chat. If you don't click ready in 10 (or 15 or whatever) minutes you lose.

Ok Airetar, it has been more than 24 hours since the 11th person hit ready. And we are still early in the game. Surely you can hit Ready sooner than 12th at least once.

BTW- That's a first for a long long time. Turn 3 and not a single region controlled. Odd.

48 hours since 11 players were Ready. We really need to re-address this Ready button issue with 1 or 2 players. They are entering orders but not using the button, so even early in the game it takes the full 72 hours.

(06-11-2020, 03:37 PM)VballMichael Wrote: 48 hours since 11 players were Ready. We really need to re-address this Ready button issue with 1 or 2 players. They are entering orders but not using the button, so even early in the game it takes the full 72 hours.

It's all part of their evil plan, Mr. ballMichael. By the time the next turn rolls around, everyone but them will have forgotten their strategy.