Nature
Follow This Easy Process To Get Started Playing Alamaze
Step #1 - Register for Forum Account      Step #2 - Create New Player Account      Step #3 - Sign In  (to issue turn orders and join games)
ATTENTION: After Creating Player Account and Signing In, select the GAME QUEUE link in the Order System screen to Create or Join games.
Alamaze Website                 Search Forum              Contact Support@Alamaze.net

Player Aids             Rulebook             Spellbook             Help Guides             Kingdom Set-Ups             Kingdom Abbreviations             Valhalla             Discord

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
5423 Steely Eyes (Seasonal Diplomacy)
(04-11-2020, 01:10 AM)Senior Tactician Wrote:
(04-10-2020, 11:24 PM)Agent Orange Wrote: RD-HA
need to buy 100k food this turn and the next  4 turns 50k at the 33000 price.

Greetings Mr. Red Dragon!  I see that your cousin Mr. Black Dragon has abdicated his rule, I do hope you take good care of his people (build them some nice castles, buy lots of food)!

We have your food order here ready to go, 100k food for 66k gold this turn, then 50k food for 33k gold for the next two turns.  Our contracts only run for 3 turns, and then must be re-newed during the Late season.  There is just the very small matter of signing this minor little contract (37 pages).  Please take special note of the peace clause, you agree not to attack Halfling lands for the duration of this contract, and this tiny little paragraph at the end here in the size 5 font, Halfling lands are whatever the Halflings say they are and now include Diamond Coast and Nyvaria.

Put your claw mark right there and your food will be packed and delivered with care by the gentle, loving Halflings!  Thank you for shopping with Hobbit! (inc).
Just happened to drop by - always enjoy Senior.   All await Halfling domination!

My cousins have declared me enemy???  Just for thwarting a quick win, in case others were not paying attention.  Sir Elf: losing those 9 brigades and those three wizards should be ok, if you just believe.  You can do it!  Well, maybe not.

Mr. Halfling, do you have a masochistic streak?  I mean, seriously?  I guess I am not expressing myself plainly.  

BTW, my Priestess is all over who is interested in Darkover.  So there!

I assure you Mr Vor, the Halflings have absolutely no intention of dominating anything other than the market! (until turn 40).  Speaking of the Market, the gentle, loving Halflings are in the market to BUY lots of food this season!  Paying premium prices! (not that premium).  The poor starving people of Nyvaria, abandoned by their leader, need this food badly! (so we can build massive impenetrable castles to acquire and maintain control).  Please dig deep and find all that extra food, and put some gold back in your pocket as well!

The Halfling homeland is in winter, as are the devastated lands of the Nyvarians, so this food is essential! (for our plans to crush you).

The halflings assigned to the Nyvarian rescue parties have reported the presence of Elfs and Dark Elfs in the region.  Noble sirs!  You have our utmost respect and admiration, wanting to help these poor souls.  But please rest assured, your parties and emissaries are only getting in the way of our rescue attempts. (of our conquest)  Please, go back to your respective regions and allow the gentle, loving halflings to handle this crisis (bilk these fools).

(04-18-2020, 08:40 PM)Airetar Wrote: My cousins have declared me enemy???  Just for thwarting a quick win, in case others were not paying attention.  Sir Elf: losing those 9 brigades and those three wizards should be ok, if you just believe.  You can do it!  Well, maybe not.

Mr. Halfling, do you have a masochistic streak?  I mean, seriously?  I guess I am not expressing myself plainly.  

BTW, my Priestess is all over who is interested in Darkover.  So there!

Mr Dark Elf sir, you seem miffed!  I give my personal guarantee the peace loving halflings want nothing but friendship, mutual respect and good trading partners! (and for you to leave Nyvaria).  We hold the Dark Elf people in the highest respect and have the utmost admiration for your benevolent contribution to the Nyvarian people with that majestic castle you built on Bronze Canyon (but, we'll take it from here, we'll have a legendary castle built on that city so fast it will make your head spin.)  Please accept our sincerest apologies for any misinterpretations or misconceptions we may have caused by our relief efforts in Nyvaria. Our relief bands will soon include our national guard troops bringing food and toilet paper to the downtrodden people of this hell-stricken region (that was just a bunch of governors, you do not want to see what the Halfling wizards have been up to.)  The Nyvarian people thank you but they are much more inclined to accept help from the gentle peace-loving Halflings (because our king is spreading nasty rumors about you.)

(04-18-2020, 08:49 PM)Senior Tactician Wrote: I assure you Mr Vor, the Halflings have absolutely no intention of dominating anything other than the market! (until turn 40).  Speaking of the Market, the gentle, loving Halflings are in the market to BUY lots of food this season!  Paying premium prices! (not that premium).  The poor starving people of Nyvaria, abandoned by their leader, need this food badly! (so we can build massive impenetrable castles to acquire and maintain control).  Please dig deep and find all that extra food, and put some gold back in your pocket as well!

The Halfling homeland is in winter, as are the devastated lands of the Nyvarians, so this food is essential! (for our plans to crush you).

The halflings assigned to the Nyvarian rescue parties have reported the presence of Elfs and Dark Elfs in the region.  Noble sirs!  You have our utmost respect and admiration, wanting to help these poor souls.  But please rest assured, your parties and emissaries are only getting in the way of our rescue attempts. (of our conquest)  Please, go back to your respective regions and allow the gentle, loving halflings to handle this crisis (bilk these fools).

Well, not so many Elves anymore.  Yeah, I'm pretty proud of the elite group I have.  Kick ass.  So, send me an invite: I'll be there. 

Otherwise, of course, I mean no threat to anyone.   We just want our four regions and no unnecessary collateral  damage.  Be at peace.  Stay at home.  I think it's required.

(04-18-2020, 11:05 PM)Airetar Wrote:
(04-18-2020, 08:49 PM)Senior Tactician Wrote: I assure you Mr Vor, the Halflings have absolutely no intention of dominating anything other than the market! (until turn 40).  Speaking of the Market, the gentle, loving Halflings are in the market to BUY lots of food this season!  Paying premium prices! (not that premium).  The poor starving people of Nyvaria, abandoned by their leader, need this food badly! (so we can build massive impenetrable castles to acquire and maintain control).  Please dig deep and find all that extra food, and put some gold back in your pocket as well!

Well, not so many Elves anymore.  Yeah, I'm pretty proud of the elite group I have.  Kick ass.  So, send me an invite: I'll be there. 

Otherwise, of course, I mean no threat to anyone.   We just want our four regions and no unnecessary collateral  damage.  Be at peace.  Stay at home.  I think it's required.

Mr Dark Elf such a spirit of competition, an Olympic Games it will be!  We are humbled by your offer and only hope our athletes can make our competition interesting for you! (saw your group, not impressed).  We propose that after this winter season is over (where you will be creating food just to feed 10 brigades, while we build a great castle, and recruit 8 brigades per turn.)  We will meet and have the first Dark Elf - Halfling Olympic games! (On Ramhorn, were we will bring 40 brigades, crush your tiny group and take the city, then move to your capitol.)  I am absolutely certain the spirit of competition is just what we need to bring us together! (as in, all your PCs will be Halfling controlled).

(04-18-2020, 11:49 PM)Senior Tactician Wrote:

Mr Dark Elf such a spirit of competition, an Olympic Games it will be!  We are humbled by your offer and only hope our athletes can make our competition interesting for you! (saw your group, not impressed).  We propose that after this winter season is over (where you will be creating food just to feed 10 brigades, while we build a great castle, and recruit 8 brigades per turn.)  We will meet and have the first Dark Elf - Halfling Olympic games! (On Ramhorn, were we will bring 40 brigades, crush your tiny group and take the city, then move to your capitol.)  I am absolutely certain the spirit of competition is just what we need to bring us together! (as in, all your PCs will be Halfling controlled).
So I guess we are not trading. 

40 Halfling brigades.  So, that is like 6 Elite Dark Elven brigades?   How many Power 6 wizards do you have?  Just asking.

(04-19-2020, 12:13 AM)Airetar Wrote:
(04-18-2020, 11:49 PM)Senior Tactician Wrote:

So I guess we are not trading. 

40 Halfling brigades.  So, that is like 6 Elite Dark Elven brigades?   How many Power 6 wizards do you have?  Just asking.

Mr Dark Elf we are in awe of the power of the Dark Elf athletes! (but 40 Vikings and three power 6's would lay them low without breaking a sweat.)

Trade, of course we can trade!  I can see its possible the benevolent and generous Dark Elves have over-extended themselves in Nyvaria during your own winter, such selflessness!  We Halflings would be very happy to compensate you for your efforts there!  Should you wish to remove all your rescue forces from Nyvaria we would be able to see our way clear to discount you some emergency food, enough to feed your brave athletes!  Say... 30k food for 15k gold each turn for the three winter months?  A very generous deal in our own winter, trading at a loss, such is the benevolence of the peace-loving Halflings! (we'd give more, but still have to recruit x8 and build that great castle on Bronze Canyon after we take it from you this turn.)

RD-HA/all
50k food for 33k gold next 3 turns

(04-19-2020, 04:46 PM)Agent Orange Wrote: RD-HA/all
50k food for 33k gold next 3 turns

Please accept our utmost apologies Mr Red Dragon, but with winter here in the shire, the numbers don't quite add up right to offer any major food trades this season.  The poor starving people of Nyvaria need our utmost attention (fleecing them is more profitable than feeding you).