Nature
Follow This Easy Process To Get Started Playing Alamaze
Step #1 - Register for Forum Account      Step #2 - Create New Player Account      Step #3 - Sign In  (to issue turn orders and join games)
ATTENTION: After Creating Player Account and Signing In, select the GAME QUEUE link in the Order System screen to Create or Join games.
Alamaze Website                 Search Forum              Contact Support@Alamaze.net

Player Aids             Rulebook             Spellbook             Help Guides             Kingdom Set-Ups             Kingdom Abbreviations             Valhalla             Discord

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Salvage the Newbie Game Free
(01-27-2020, 04:05 PM)Senior Tactician Wrote: Yeah I absolutely get that.  I try new games all the time, mostly phone apps, they all want you to "link to facebook"  "join the community" "join a guild" kind of stuff, and they offer a LOT of in-game bonuses to do just that, but its not something I have any interest in.  Usually, I end up playing these games for a few days and out.

If the online version of Alamaze was the first version I was introduced to, I wouldn't have ever played.  I'm only playing now because when I started playing there was no forum.

Yep and the solution of downplaying the forum as being necessary for games will need the cooperation from all of us. Instead of checking the forum for new game signups, all of us would instead check the Game Queue. Players would post messages in the chat window instead of here. The forum would be used for usual and customary stuff like other games where people post for advice about the game or advanced tactics like using stir unrest instead of rebel. It'll be a change for all of us for sure which is why I posted the above but it looks like it will be necessary to solve the problem that we are having for attaining new players. Same issues that I encountered years ago...

Could we have a message alert from the game queue the way we do with the forum?

(01-27-2020, 04:30 PM)Wookie Panz Wrote: Could we have a message alert from the game queue the way we do with the forum?

It's possible for the chat window to email a posted message to a certain mailing list but I would have to look into it. I can also expand the current 3-day limit for removal of old messages to a longer period like a month or so if needed. I didn't bother further developing the chat because practically no one uses it for communicating with others. Wasn't that how Fall of Rome players handle things with their games?

Two chat windows or allowing switch between a highlighted game forming and a global one. This could help allow other things within the chat as well.

Dirty laundry.  Mike, Nick and I have discussed this "off-line".  I am not arguing with Mike about his points on the forum.  A couple weeks ago I posted a thread on just creating games directly on the game creator, circumventing our draft on the forum.   I asked for player feedback, and I have asked Mike to prioritize a reorganization of the game creator to default to a fixed set of game details with a prominent big start button, so that a Steel game is always in queue.

Anyway, I guess sometimes everyone needs to blow off steam.  Everyone wants to increase the player base.  Nick is making it more accessible and undertaking a ton of work to provide these visuals.  Somehow, lots of people just don't want to read a lot, and most games you just get into by clicking a few times and then just keep clicking.  Alamaze is not like that, so the videos and Training Vault are the best avenues. 

As I also commented, and Nick has put in that launching video, we are actually overtly attempting to avert the fake signups and other people who never intend to ever pay to play or play at all, kind of telling people not to sign up, unless..... 

I appreciate the passion for Alamaze.  I would love to have a big player base, as would all our players.  I like to feel I'm not standing in the way.

Why not always have a standard game setup in que. It's up to existing players to fill them fast. As we we get more players it shouldn't  be a problem.

Blowing off steam...funny. I'm still not getting through that I spent a lot of my personal time and money advertising this game and only got the rug pulled from under me in return because of the silly requirement of rigid control of game creation with the forum. I was ignored back then as well.

BTW, there's a reason why I haven't commented on the "wonderful" new videos in Nick's training vault. Just look at the attached photo, does that really indicate to new players what this game is all about? A baby dragon? Really? Or that the videos are using music from Led Zeppelin and Judas Priest without permission. I could go on...

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(01-27-2020, 10:48 PM)unclemike Wrote: Blowing off steam...funny. I'm still not getting through that I spent a lot of my personal time and money advertising this game and only got the rug pulled from under me in return because of the silly requirement of rigid control of game creation with the forum. I was ignored back then as well.

BTW, there's a reason why I haven't commented on the "wonderful" new videos in Nick's training vault. Just look at the attached photo, does that really indicate to new players what this game is all about? A baby dragon? Really? Or that the videos are using music from Led Zeppelin and Judas Priest without permission. I could go on...

One of you guys needs to answer my question I sent to support.  You have time to do this?