Nature
Follow This Easy Process To Get Started Playing Alamaze
Step #1 - Register for Forum Account      Step #2 - Create New Player Account      Step #3 - Sign In  (to issue turn orders and join games)
ATTENTION: After Creating Player Account and Signing In, select the GAME QUEUE link in the Order System screen to Create or Join games.
Alamaze Website                 Search Forum              Contact Support@Alamaze.net

Player Aids             Rulebook             Spellbook             Help Guides             Kingdom Set-Ups             Kingdom Abbreviations             Valhalla             Discord

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thoughts from the community?
I think an auto queuing (that is a weird word) a steal semi-anon would be fine. also could give a benefit to the last person to sign-up as they could then be the first in the next game that would be auto started. I could also see like the old days rewarding the last two players to sign-up a chivalry bonus due to now getting both last region and less choice of kingdoms. I also think to be fair to the players perhaps the game does not officially start until everyone has paid for it. No body wants some guy to just sign-up and drop turn 1.

Please separate the auto sign-up from forum draft window so it very clear that a game is forum draft to try and keep "new" players from just signing up for a game we are trying to create.
I would like to see even more options in the creator for players as well. As Wookiee mentioned 6 player for primeval would make a huge difference in being playable. also confederation 2 kingdom each for 6 players seems to work great in this format and would like to see it available.

(01-21-2020, 12:53 PM)RELLGAR Wrote:
(01-21-2020, 06:31 AM)Strylian Wrote:
(01-21-2020, 03:54 AM)RELLGAR Wrote: I was curious about what you said, only people  on a desktop will be able to play it. How is this so?

I am able to specify the types of devices any ads run on. Since Alamaze is not really playable on a phone, I will concentrate my efforts on people who are using a desktop or a laptop.

It is playable  on a phone and most definitely  playable  on a tablet which is the same. I have always played Alamaze on a tablet, never a P.C.

Does anyone else play Alamaze on their phone? I am actually curious. I can see a tablet. It is possible to play on a phone I know, but I would think it would be difficult.
Live your life so that the fear of death can never enter your heart, be not like those whose hearts are filled with fear of death, so that when their time comes, they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way.

Sing Your Death Song And Die Like A Warrior Going Home.
Tecumseh, Shawnee Chief

(01-21-2020, 03:56 PM)Draugr Wrote: I think an auto queuing (that is a weird word) a steal semi-anon would be fine.  also could give a benefit to the last person to sign-up as they could then be the first in the next game that would be auto started.   I could also see like the old days rewarding the last two players to sign-up a chivalry bonus due to now getting both last region and less choice of kingdoms.  I also think to be fair to the players perhaps the game does not officially start until everyone has paid for it.  No body wants some guy to just sign-up and drop turn 1.

Please separate the auto sign-up from forum draft window so it very clear that a game is forum draft to try and keep "new" players from just signing up for a game we are trying to create.
I would like to see even more options in the creator for players as well.  As Wookiee mentioned 6 player for primeval would make a huge difference in being playable.  also confederation 2 kingdom each for 6 players seems to work great in this format and would like to see it available.
I like those ideas. I think you can also have a new game that auto ques just for new players. I can generate a bunch of new signups. That is how we got the ones we have. I did those in a very short time. The problem I have been facing is dealing with is getting people to understand how the process works. I have had to create webpages and video tutorials for every step, but since it takes a little time to go through the tutorials and a duel before going into a game, you have to be able to keep their attention and make sure they have the information they need once they come back.

To deal with the layers dropping on turn 1. I talked to Rick and he agreed that instead of offering new players a free setup on their first game, instead, we will offer them a money-back guarantee if they play the first 20 turns and don't like it.

Also, I think there should be links to the forums and training vault right on the turn sheets because we know some people will join a game start the game or even play the first game and still not know about the forums.

As we gain a larger player base and are able to have leagues based on Valhalla scores, the upper leagues can use the drafts on the forums, while people who have low or no points have to earn their way out of the auto games.

Those are my thoughts.
Live your life so that the fear of death can never enter your heart, be not like those whose hearts are filled with fear of death, so that when their time comes, they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way.

Tecumseh, Shawnee Chief

(01-21-2020, 05:03 PM)Strylian Wrote:
(01-21-2020, 03:54 AM)RELLGAR Wrote: I was curious about what you said, only people  on a desktop will be able to play it. How is this so?

I am able to specify the types of devices any ads run on. Since Alamaze is not really playable on a phone, I will concentrate my efforts on people who are using a desktop or a laptop.

It is playable  on a phone and most definitely  playable  on a tablet which is the same. I have always played Alamaze on a tablet, never a P.C.

Does anyone else play Alamaze on their phone? I am actually curious. I can see a tablet. It is possible to play on a phone I know, but I would think it would be difficult.

Is this PC only Ad on Facebook? If it is, how many people use Facebook on there PC vs. Phone or tablet? Not many

I use my PC for the bulk of it. Phone or tablet just to do updates. But I also sit at a desk almost all day long. Don't worry, I still find time to maintain my figure.

(01-21-2020, 07:20 PM)KRELLGAR Wrote:
(01-21-2020, 05:03 PM)Strylian Wrote:

Is this PC only Ad on Facebook? If it is, how many people use Facebook on there PC vs. Phone or tablet? Not many

Using my demographics. Men 18 to 55. Who are into strategy games and high fantasy... must be both. In the US, Canada, Australia, United Kingdom, New Zealand, Ireland, and South Africa. About 3 million.

Tecumseh, Shawnee Chief

(01-21-2020, 09:06 PM)The Painted Man Wrote: I use my PC for the bulk of it. Phone or tablet just to do updates. But I also sit at a desk almost all day long. Don't worry, I still find time to maintain my figure.
I use my phone to check results but I never input using it. But hey if a bunch of you are using phones I want to know. I am just trying to target our ad buys where they will do the most good.

Tecumseh, Shawnee Chief

Is it a Facebook ad?  If it is, most people  look at Facebook  on a phone  or tablet. PCs are for work, you dont look at Facebook and play a video link at work. It's not clear to me where they seeing this ad.

It is true there are more people who use their phones for Facebook. But they have over 3 billion users. We are not trying to speak to all of them. Just a very specific group. I personally check Facebook all the time while I am working on my desktop and laptop.

Tecumseh, Shawnee Chief

(01-21-2020, 09:06 PM)The Painted Man Wrote: I use my PC for the bulk of it. Phone or tablet just to do updates. But I also sit at a desk almost all day long. Don't worry, I still find time to maintain my figure.
Body by Umpa Lumpa.

Tecumseh, Shawnee Chief