Nature
Follow This Easy Process To Get Started Playing Alamaze
Step #1 - Register for Forum Account      Step #2 - Create New Player Account      Step #3 - Sign In  (to issue turn orders and join games)
ATTENTION: After Creating Player Account and Signing In, select the GAME QUEUE link in the Order System screen to Create or Join games.
Alamaze Website                 Search Forum              Contact Support@Alamaze.net

Player Aids             Rulebook             Spellbook             Help Guides             Kingdom Set-Ups             Kingdom Abbreviations             Valhalla             Discord

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
One Sentence to Describe Alamaze
Charles has restarted Suspense & Decision as you should know.  He has been a big help to the hobby and to various PBEM outfits I think, certainly here at Alamaze, where he created this forum, gratis.  Also did many of the updates.   Charles has Raven helping and they at S&D are going to begin something I sort of lobbied for:  A listing of the PBEM games with a description, link, hopefully more commentary, pricing, turn around, genre - you get it. 

In the initial version, coming soon, they ask for one sentence to describe the game.  For Alamaze?  One sentence?  OK, one sentence.  Here is what I submitted:

Alamaze is the foremost game to combine deep strategy and nuance in a robust fantasy setting in a campaign of 12 players choosing from 24 kingdoms and 12 regions and considers magic, military, political, economic, convert and esoteric commands.

In my mind, there could be at least 20 ways to do it, and I don't know how you capture everything, and I didn't want to be rude and have the longest sentence submitted. 

Anyway, I invite you to try your hand at it.  One sentence, no longer than the one above, to describe Alamaze to a PBEM player who doesn't know the game.

Well, no help there.

Sorry, not good at one-sentencers. The only thing that I think is missing is the purpose/goal. Eliminate opponents or discover and conquer a world, something like that. Sorry, wish I were of more help.

(11-08-2019, 11:54 PM)VballMichael Wrote: Sorry, not good at one-sentencers. The only thing that I think is missing is the purpose/goal. Eliminate opponents or discover and conquer a world, something like that. Sorry, wish I were of more help.

Its fine.  Just really looking to see if anyone thought I missed an opportunity.

Alamaze is an award winning turn based deep strategy game where each of 12 players selects a region and one of 24 unique but equal fantasy kingdoms using political, economic, military, convert, magic and esoteric commands to conquer four region and declare victory

Did not count but likely bigger

Or almost the same size Smile

It seems very mechanical, adding more color to me would be cool, I am not a writer, hell typing is a choir for me at times. Here is an example of what I mean..

Alamaze were 12 players choose from 24 kingdoms the only question is how will you destroy your foes will you drive them mercilessly before your armies, use evil magics to rain fire and death from the skies, use your political might to rend their kingdoms apart or will it be a silent blade driven deep into your opponents back -you decide come and enjoy the world that is Alamaze.

(11-11-2019, 11:00 PM)Brekk Wrote: It seems very mechanical, adding more color to me would be cool, I am not a writer, hell typing is a choir for me at times.   Here is an example of what I mean..

Alamaze were 12 players choose from 24 kingdoms the only question is how will you destroy your foes will you drive them mercilessly before your armies, use evil magics to rain fire and death from the skies, use your political might to rend their kingdoms apart or will it be a silent blade driven deep into your opponents back -you decide come and enjoy the world that is Alamaze.

Yes, seems so welcoming!   Dodgy

(11-11-2019, 11:00 PM)Brekk Wrote: It seems very mechanical, adding more color to me would be cool, I am not a writer, hell typing is a choir for me at times. Here is an example of what I mean..

To build off this:

Alamaze - where you can use military might, earth shattering spells, political intrigue or the assassin's blade to crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of the women!