Nature
Follow This Easy Process To Get Started Playing Alamaze
Step #1 - Register for Forum Account      Step #2 - Create New Player Account      Step #3 - Sign In  (to issue turn orders and join games)
ATTENTION: After Creating Player Account and Signing In, select the GAME QUEUE link in the Order System screen to Create or Join games.
Alamaze Website                 Search Forum              Contact Support@Alamaze.net

Player Aids             Rulebook             Spellbook             Help Guides             Kingdom Set-Ups             Kingdom Abbreviations             Valhalla             Discord

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
48 hr fast pace steel
I'm out then

(10-01-2019, 08:53 PM)Ry Vor Wrote: Actually, I can see whole new levels of devious or should I say diabolical behavior in this kind of game.

First, a kingdom could only either declare one ally or be declared an ally by a kingdom.  In other words, three different kingdoms couldn't all declare the Halflings their ally.  But then, I might also decide to declare a most likely enemy an ally, such that he cannot get help from a more nobly intended potential ally.  Lots of other stuff.  Fun, or too, something.....

Or its OK to have more than one kingdom declare you an ally, you just can't declare more than one.  So, three kingdoms could declare the Halfling an ally, the Halfling can only declare one, so for example, could only gift to one per turn, but could trade with all three, and potentially receive gifts from all three.

Where's the line for Halfling Kings - quick!

I miss the days when I had dibs on the Halflings similar to what Brekk has with AN.

The closer to complete freedom you get, especially with such a small player base, the better things will eventually be.  People will get bored of teaming up with their friends simply because they are their friends and start to look at the game differently.  In the old days, people clung together a lot because falling behind and loosing a game was more devastating because games took so long to play and sometimes took very long to form (and were much more expensive), even though there were many more people.  Now with this new system, even with an admittedly smaller amount of people, games still get going fast, and get played fast, so people will be more and more willing to try new things because the next game is right around the corner, instead of a year from now.

It looks like the following slots are left:
6, 8, 9, 11

The last game that had one allowed ally had 4 teams of two that formed immediately and lasted the whole game. How is that not just a team game? There was no diplomacy, just a team of two for the whole game. I am not saying anyone did anything wrong, it just isn't an individual game or a diplomacy game.

(10-01-2019, 10:06 PM)Son of Conan Wrote: The last game that had one allowed ally had 4 teams of two that formed immediately and lasted the whole game. How is that not just a team game? There was no diplomacy, just a team of two for the whole game. I am not saying anyone did anything wrong, it just isn't an individual game or a diplomacy game.

All fair comments and possible outcomes.  On the other hand, it certainly isn't the 3 v 1 situation of 2nd Cycle and maybe The Choosing, and it doesn't have to be game long or done on turn 0 or turn 1.  You could wait several turns to let a strategic alliance possibility emerge.  Or you could cancel an early alliance later with shifting tides.  Again, nothing is supposed to be pre-determined to be game-long. 

And I am thinking with forum diplomacy still happening, its just coordinating an attack and secret trades with one ally, that clearly has to be of mutual benefit.

Anyway, I think its at least worth a shot and some feedback on how it works.

im in , 11 pick.
forum diplo and no ally would be my choice

Im in! I choose 6. I'm in favor of having an ally Big Grin

Two more spots 8 & 9

This died quick