Nature
Follow This Easy Process To Get Started Playing Alamaze
Step #1 - Register for Forum Account      Step #2 - Create New Player Account      Step #3 - Sign In  (to issue turn orders and join games)
ATTENTION: After Creating Player Account and Signing In, select the GAME QUEUE link in the Order System screen to Create or Join games.
Alamaze Website                 Search Forum              Contact Support@Alamaze.net

Player Aids             Rulebook             Spellbook             Help Guides             Kingdom Set-Ups             Kingdom Abbreviations             Valhalla             Discord

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
seapower and patrol
(09-13-2019, 01:09 PM)PTRILEY Wrote: Agent on counter either that sea or a pop center in that sea will also cover the sea to protect it.

Max sea power is relevant to customizations also,  be more specific.  starting navy is max in a sea at level lvl13,  higher with beginning customization.  But without a port max you can build is 13 with a port 16.

Drives me nuts that you can't put a port on a water PC. So if you're out of luck on coastal stuff and you have seapower over 13, you can't build. Crazypants.

Yep, I took the Atlantians in a very watery region but my city and towns are either in the water or not touching the water, so I can't build a port and I cannot build a ship. Seems nuts.

(09-14-2019, 12:22 AM)VballMichael Wrote: Yep, I took the Atlantians in a very watery region but my city and towns are either in the water or not touching the water, so I can't build a port and I cannot build a ship. Seems nuts.

Happened to me once too.  Talk about a hit to your kingdom choice right at the beginning of a game. Smh

(09-13-2019, 10:44 PM)The Painted Man Wrote:
(09-13-2019, 01:09 PM)PTRILEY Wrote: Agent on counter either that sea or a pop center in that sea will also cover the sea to protect it.

Max sea power is relevant to customizations also,  be more specific.  starting navy is max in a sea at level lvl13,  higher with beginning customization.  But without a port max you can build is 13 with a port 16.

Drives me nuts that you can't put a port on a water PC. So if you're out of luck on coastal stuff and you have seapower over 13, you can't build. Crazypants.
Hmm last time I tried it worked.  Seems to just require being adjacent to water.  Like some of the starting greater cities that are not listed coastal

Please explain this precisely.  All you need is a coastal or sea controlled PC to build fleets.   What are the circumstances when if you have seapower over quality 13 that you cannot build a fleet? Do you mean that you may have to lower overall fleet quality when building more fleets?

(09-14-2019, 02:48 AM)Ry Vor Wrote:

Please explain this precisely.  All you need is a coastal or sea controlled PC to build fleets.   What are the circumstances when if you have seapower over quality 13 that you cannot build a fleet?  Do you mean that you may have to lower overall fleet quality when building more fleets?
What I have seen happen is a sea fairing kingdom takes the fleet quality bonus during customization (like anyone else would). They then have quality 15 fleets sometimes 6 of them.  The lowest quality ship they can build is quality 9 because there base is 13 -4.   3 ships at 9 mixes with 5 or 6 fleets at 15 and you get a nasty gram from the order checker.  No bueno 
To me the easiest fix (besides don’t do that) would be to allow players to build up to quality 13 without a port and not look at what it makes overall quality