Nature
Follow This Easy Process To Get Started Playing Alamaze
Step #1 - Register for Forum Account      Step #2 - Create New Player Account      Step #3 - Sign In  (to issue turn orders and join games)
ATTENTION: After Creating Player Account and Signing In, select the GAME QUEUE link in the Order System screen to Create or Join games.
Alamaze Website                 Search Forum              Contact Support@Alamaze.net

Player Aids             Rulebook             Spellbook             Help Guides             Kingdom Set-Ups             Kingdom Abbreviations             Valhalla             Discord

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game 5312 - SUMMER ALLIANCE
Summer Alliance Roster:

1. Team A. Zamora - Demon Prince
2. Team A. Ancient Ones - Sword Coast
3. Team C. Darkover - Black Dragon
4. Team D. Nyvaria - Illusionist
5. Team B. Pellinor - Lizardmen
6. Team C. Triumvia - Druid
7. Team D. Untamed Lands - Tyrant
8. Team B. Mythgar - Rangers
9. Team D. Diamond Coast - Cimmerians
10.Team B. Krynn - Red Dragon
11.Team C. Crown islands - Pirates
12.Team A. Zanthia - Amazons

Communication- Within team obviously unlimited. External is public forum only and just every 3 turns. After 0, 3, 6....etc.  forum talking don’t ask for help or post PC information.
HC- All ballots secret. If someone raises an open issue then someone post on the forum (even if it's outside normal days) and we all agree to not vote on it.
Allies- Only the 2 teammates can be allied and MUST be allied by a certain turn (Results 5?) but do not have to ally.
NAPs- NONE
Trades- Only between allies. No trading between teams. No ransoming captured emissaries.
No dropping prior to turn 12
No using names of emissaries to communicate (Imfriendly,Attackelf, etc...)

Curious why HC votes need to be hidden, seems rules are designed to prevent collusion so if that was the case they would be open what am I missing ?

(08-03-2019, 01:55 PM)Brekk Wrote: Curious why HC votes need to be hidden, seems rules are designed to prevent collusion so if that was the case they would be open what am I missing ?

In games I have played we have had them hidden. The thinking is that, if you raise an issue to say... raise your Influence and I vote YES from another team, you now know that I am somewhat friendly and would probably target others instead of me. I am open to anything, as long as we are clear on the rules. Preferably before we start turn 1.

(08-03-2019, 01:31 PM)Calidor Wrote: Draugr please correct any of the below and I will update this post. I do not care what the rules are as long as they are clear:

Communication- Within team obviously unlimited. External is public forum only and just every 3 turns.
HC- All ballots secret. If someone raises an open issue then someone post on the forum (even if it's outside normal days) and we all agree to not vote on it.
Allies- Only the 2 teammates can be allied and MUST be allied by a certain turn (Results 5?) but do not have to ally.
NAPs- NONE
Trades- Only between allies. No trading between teams. No ransoming captured emissaries.

Looks fine.  I would just add the forum every 3 turns. After 0, 3, 6....etc.  forum talking don’t ask for help or post PC information.

I like all being secret. It does keep things interesting not knowing who is voting for or against. Plus it's the American Way.

(08-03-2019, 02:51 PM)Draugr Wrote:
(08-03-2019, 01:31 PM)Calidor Wrote: Draugr please correct any of the below and I will update this post. I do not care what the rules are as long as they are clear:

Communication- Within team obviously unlimited. External is public forum only and just every 3 turns.
NAPs- NONE

Looks fine.  I would just add the forum every 3 turns. After 0, 3, 6....etc.  forum talking don’t ask for help or post PC information.

Updated.

I have to say I have never understood secret voting in a silent game.

Please explain how voting secret is more transparent than voting open.

It's not more transparent. Obviously, if something is secret there is no transparency. But in a team game, as explained earlier, if one team votes for another team's issues it can be a signal that they want to work together. If it is secret, I can vote for your issue but you do not know who did it. Same thing if I vote no. You do not know if it was me or one of the other 2 teams.

(08-03-2019, 06:28 PM)Ry Vor Wrote: I have to say I have never understood secret voting in a silent game.

Please explain how voting secret is more transparent than voting open.

Less transparent.  But I think the idea is it allows you to help another team that serves the interest of your team without openly supporting them saying lets be friends

Calidor,

Would you mind posting the starting positions and kingdoms in the top thread

1. Team A. Zamora - Demon Prince
2. Team A. Ancient Ones - Sword Coast
3. Team C. Darkover - Black Dragon
4. Team D. Nyvaria - Illusionist
5. Team B. Pellinor - Lizardmen
6. Team C. Triumvia - Druid
7. Team D. Untamed Lands - Tyrant
8. Team B. Mythgar - Rangers
9. Team D. Diamond Coast - Cimmerians
10.Team B. Krynn - Red Dragon