Nature
Follow This Easy Process To Get Started Playing Alamaze
Step #1 - Register for Forum Account      Step #2 - Create New Player Account      Step #3 - Sign In  (to issue turn orders and join games)
ATTENTION: After Creating Player Account and Signing In, select the GAME QUEUE link in the Order System screen to Create or Join games.
Alamaze Website                 Search Forum              Contact Support@Alamaze.net

Player Aids             Rulebook             Spellbook             Help Guides             Kingdom Set-Ups             Kingdom Abbreviations             Valhalla             Discord

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who, what, when , where, why?
Ashgar very interesting and so similar to myself. My first name I took on in Alamaze was Jumpingfist also an Everquest Monk I use to really enjoy playing, I also played ultima growing up Ultima 2 being the best in the series. I played Ultima on-line a lot as well until Everquest basically took over. I grew up in San Diego and joined the Navy. After the Navy I came back to California and got a job in Silicon Valley where I met my wife. Oh I also turn 49 later this year.

I guess we are seeing something of a confirmation on the demographic. I also turn 49 next month Smile

Originally from NY I moved down to Boca Raton FL 12 years ago and would never go back north permanently. Married with 3 kids, 2 in college and one in HS.

Work in the shipping industry with a new, made up title of Dir- Network Design which means I “get” to determine how many Distribution Centers we have, where they should be, how big they should be, how to connect them and then a catch all of introducing new technology to our company. Currently that’s robots. Background is Industrial Engineering even though that’s not what I went to school for, that’s what I have done for the last 25 years.

Started with Alamaze back in college when I used to even skip classes to stay home and wait for the mail. OK, maybe that was just the icing on the cake. Played a few games, then branched off to try some others like Hyborian War and Legends... and pretty much everything else out there. Nothing ever captured me the way Alamaze did.

Did a Google search a few years back and found discovered Kingdoms Of Arcania. Stopped in every 6 months to a year to check on progress then one time I saw that Alamaze had relaunched... So here I am.

I really prefer diplomacy games to silent ones. To me, Alamaze is a game about politics and not numbers. At least not JUST numbers.

I am 52 and live in The Bahamas. My family were the original settlers of my island after they were kicked out of South Carolina for supporting the Crown during the US revolutionary war. I'm and 8th generation Bahamian. I was married for a dozen years before my ex went lezbo on me when I was 40. Wanting a kid but not wanting another relationship, I went the surrogacy route and DuPont V came along a few years later. Best thing I ever did!

My game name comes from a politician I was very into when I started playing the game - the Governor of Delaware Pierre S. 'Pete' DuPont IV, who was running for president at the time. He was a dark horse and, of course, George HW Bush won the nomination and the presidency, but 'DuPont' has ruled over the world of Alamaze many times (including my first game!) and, as far as I know, 'Bush' never has. Big Grin

I'm a land surveyor and also fairly involved in politics. I'm the Chairman of the currently governing political party for my state. I don't want to run for office myself, though - some oppo reasercher might did up my Alamaze habit!

I think me, DuPont, and Wookie might be the old guys.. Smile 54 here.

Happy Memorial Day to our vets, and families of the fallen. I posted a long time ago in here. But just highlights 24 yrs retired military (Air Force Active Duty 12 yrs- Panama “Just Cause”, “Desert Storm/Shield) worked target intel. Then went into Army National Guard here in my home state of Arkansas, for 12 yrs. infantry/forward observer- OIFII 2yrs in Iraq. 03-05 bloodiest time in Iraq.

Back home I am/was a cop 24 yrs retiring in a few days Jun 01. Too old/fat/tired to keep up the fight. Smile) glad to see the new faces. Love how we are growing again.

(05-25-2019, 01:35 PM)DuPont Wrote: I am 52 and live in The Bahamas. My family were the original settlers of my island after they were kicked out of South Carolina for supporting the Crown during the US revolutionary war. I'm and 8th generation Bahamian. I was married for a dozen years before my ex went lezbo on me when I was 40. Wanting a kid but not wanting another relationship, I went the surrogacy route and DuPont V came along a few years later. Best thing I ever did!

My game name comes from a politician I was very into when I started playing the game - the Governor of Delaware Pierre S. 'Pete' DuPont IV, who was running for president at the time. He was a dark horse and, of course, George HW Bush won the nomination and the presidency, but 'DuPont' has ruled over the world of Alamaze many times (including my first game!) and, as far as I know, 'Bush' never has. Big Grin

I'm a land surveyor and also fairly involved in politics. I'm the Chairman of the currently governing political party for my state. I don't want to run for office myself, though - some oppo reasercher might did up my Alamaze habit!

We are so close to The Bahamas. One of these days we have to stop driving up to the Orlando parks and pay a visit.  Looks like Freeport is just 90 miles from me Smile

(05-25-2019, 01:35 PM)DuPont Wrote: I am 52 and live in The Bahamas. My family were the original settlers of my island after they were kicked out of South Carolina for supporting the Crown during the US revolutionary war. I'm and 8th generation Bahamian. I was married for a dozen years before my ex went lezbo on me when I was 40. Wanting a kid but not wanting another relationship, I went the surrogacy route and DuPont V came along a few years later. Best thing I ever did!

Now that is a truly interesting background and I've found you both a worthy opponent and a fun fellow to be in a game with.  Not many, if any, seem to play more games.

(05-25-2019, 01:43 PM)PTRILEY Wrote: I think me, DuPont, and Wookie might be the old guys.. Smile    54 here.  

Happy Memorial Day to our vets, and families of the fallen.   I posted a long time ago in here. But just highlights   24 yrs retired military (Air Force Active Duty 12 yrs- Panama “Just Cause”, “Desert Storm/Shield) worked target intel.  Then went into Army National Guard here in my home state of Arkansas, for 12 yrs.  infantry/forward observer- OIFII 2yrs in Iraq.  03-05 bloodiest time in Iraq.

Back home I am/was a cop 24 yrs retiring in a few days Jun 01.   Too old/fat/tired to keep up the fight. Smile)  glad to see the new faces.   Love how we are growing again.

I guess old is a relative term PT.  I have nearly 15 years on you as I will be 69 in a couple of months.  I may be the oldest of the Ancients at this time?  Congratulations on your retirement.  Law enforcement is not the career that it used to be and it's getting more dangerous all the time.  Thanks to all of the veterans in our group and have a safe Memorial Day and weekend.

(05-25-2019, 12:21 PM)Draugr Wrote: Ashgar very interesting and so similar to myself.   My first name I took on in Alamaze was Jumpingfist also an Everquest Monk I use to really enjoy playing,   I also played ultima growing up Ultima 2 being the best in the series.  I played Ultima on-line a lot as well until Everquest basically took over.   I grew up in San Diego and joined the Navy.   After the Navy I came back to California and got a job in Silicon Valley where I met my wife.    Oh I also turn 49 later this year.

Draugr, 

Awesome, by chance do the guilds Birds of Prey, or Shinning Alliance mean anything to you.  I knew of a Jumpingfist on our server, Prexus/something or other.  Jumpingfist was a top notch monk and puller in many raids.  

The rest of Alamaze, I love hearing the history and back ground and thank you to everyone who has served in the military/law enforcement.  I believe everyone serves in their own way, but it is clear that there is support and respect on here for everyone and I love that.  To know that Wookie might be our wisest in the group is awesome.  I would love to see some younger guys join this community as Alamaze is chess on steroids with D&D thrown in.  Hopefully I can help to impact our player base.  I love the game, this community and if I can grow it I will.  

Good hunting to you all.
Ashgar the Bloodthirsty. 

My blood, your blood, what difference does it make!  

Time will tell.................

Couldn’t say it any better Ashgar... Smile

Big shout out to Wookie, thanks for being 69. I thought my 56 was going to top the list. 
My life is way more boring than all that has come before. Lawyer, CPA, consultant, and eventually corporate executive at Lockheed Martin in DC. 
I retired about 14 months ago shortly after I turned 55.
I remember playing this game like 20 years ago and I think a couple buddies and I won a team game, but otherwise was under the radar back then.
VballMichael is my email and nickname since I play a LOT of volleyball and that is how I met my wife. 
My 2 kids just finished college so I am now tuition-free, woohoo and I can spend all of my money on Alamaze.
I am not a super social guy so I like the anon or silent games as I don't do well with making friends fast enough in the group gangbang games (oops, I mean diplomacy games).
Welcome to all of the newer and returning players. This is truly a great product.