Nature
Follow This Easy Process To Get Started Playing Alamaze
Step #1 - Register for Forum Account      Step #2 - Create New Player Account      Step #3 - Sign In  (to issue turn orders and join games)
ATTENTION: After Creating Player Account and Signing In, select the GAME QUEUE link in the Order System screen to Create or Join games.
Alamaze Website                 Search Forum              Contact Support@Alamaze.net

Player Aids             Rulebook             Spellbook             Help Guides             Kingdom Set-Ups             Kingdom Abbreviations             Valhalla             Discord

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Enemy ally declarations
So I find myself fighting 3 vs 1 which is fine but the issue is I can only declare 2 enemy and all three of them can declare me enemy.  This makes it rather hard for me to counter attack and allows at least one of them the ability to gain friendly and gain more an advantage than the 3 vs 1 already gives.   Again not complaining about 3:1 here but the dynamics of enemy ally.

I know the rule came about because players would declare everyone enemy and it lost any real meaning.

So I was thinking what could change to maybe make this more fair and not allow everyone to declare enemies willy nilly.   

First idea.   Someone declares you enemy the following turn the game auto declares them enemy at no penalty.   This enemy would not count against your limit and would only be removed if you declare them neutral or ally.  The reason for this is so they do not declare you neutral to allow a reaction bump in your region.

Second idea.  Only allow a kingdom to be declared enemy by two others. The third just cannot do it.  I don’t really like this idea as it has obvious abuses.  Like the current system.

Third idea.  You can always declare someone enemy if they declared you enemy.   I would think there should also be no penalty for issuing a counter enemy as it should be what the people want.  Again could get abused but less likely especially if no penalty because your enemy would effectively get a kind of bonus.

I like option 3

Option 3 or 1, a change is needed. This is a major flaw.

(04-12-2019, 11:16 AM)RELLGAR Wrote: Option 3 or 1, a change is needed. This is a major flaw.

Agree with you

(04-12-2019, 01:10 PM)PTRILEY Wrote:
(04-12-2019, 11:16 AM)RELLGAR Wrote: Option 3 or 1, a change is needed. This is a major flaw.

Agree with you

I don't see how those help. If you already have two enemies declared, and I attack you, I simply will not declare you an enemy and you are still stuck. Many of us have already benefitted from the other side of this, attacking a kingdom with 2 declared enemies. And most of the time you have 3 attackers, it is because you are winning. So this will really only help someone winning make their win.

Would love to see something change. Another game getting attacked by a 4th player now. Sure would like to be able to defend myself a bit more with all these people. 3 of the 4 are team vball (just my name they do not coordinate but also do not attack each otherin games) so go figure.

Draugr: Are you talking about the game you invaded me and all I have done is defend in my own region? Because that is the only game where we are fighting. And if you mean the other game, then I am just passing through and have not attacked you at all. Let's get the facts right. No, you should not get to create several enemies and then worry about odds. And about not attacking, again get your facts right. Have you actually seen my turn results ever?

And don't even get me started on Team Jumpingfist/John Doe/Draugr and all of the apprentices who just seem to attack your enemies with no goals other than attacking.

(04-14-2019, 12:26 PM)Draugr Wrote: Would love to see something change.   Another game getting attacked by a 4th player now.   Sure would like to be able to defend myself a bit more with all these people.   3 of the 4 are team vball (just my name they do not coordinate but also do not attack each otherin games) so go figure.

Draugr, you have adapted to Maelstorm incredibly well.  Your ultra aggressive strategy is becoming the adopted norm and your tactics are brilliant, you have used them on me in a couple of games.  If you dont want to be attacked, then dont attack others.  I believe Alamaze has changed over the years for the benefit of all but your request seems to benefit your play style.  Why not try to win within the rules rather than petitioning for another advantage.

My vote is to leave things just the way they are. I don't believe I am on anybody's team besides 'Team DuPont' for what it's worth Big Grin

(04-15-2019, 12:44 AM)DuPont Wrote: My vote is to leave things just the way they are. I don't believe I am on anybody's team besides 'Team DuPont' for what it's worth Big Grin

You sir are full of game integrity, and our 1 on 1’s have been enjoyable.