Nature
Follow This Easy Process To Get Started Playing Alamaze
Step #1 - Register for Forum Account      Step #2 - Create New Player Account      Step #3 - Sign In  (to issue turn orders and join games)
ATTENTION: After Creating Player Account and Signing In, select the GAME QUEUE link in the Order System screen to Create or Join games.
Alamaze Website                 Search Forum              Contact Support@Alamaze.net

Player Aids             Rulebook             Spellbook             Help Guides             Kingdom Set-Ups             Kingdom Abbreviations             Valhalla             Discord

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
5205 Confederation twist ends T36
Victory By Team (6 Regions) Is The Necromancer Kingdom!
                           Game End Status Points

Place Kingdom    Player                Results-36  Grand Total

1     NE     Draugr                    15,030      22,290
          2     BL     Draugr                     9,120      14,899
          3     RD     DuPont                     8,420      17,461
          4     IL     DuPont                     8,600      16,293
          5     AN     Strongwill                 9,005      16,109
          6     DA     Strongwill                 7,100      14,015
          7     DE     Holding For Player         5,500      12,587
          8     SO     Rellgar                    4,400       8,375
          9     GN     Rellgar                    2,680       5,890

Congrats Draugr, and all who finished.  This was brutal

Congratulations to Draugr for another win.  How about a recap?   Do we know if this is the last of the 3rd cycle games?

It was the last of the 3rd cycle games I was in.

Recap battle royal. Everyone was fighting at least 2 other players so 4 kingdoms. Well except Rellgar who was in survival mode most the game and DuPont who was fighting up to three others at a time.

(03-09-2019, 04:45 PM)Draugr Wrote: Recap battle royal.    Everyone was fighting at least 2 other players so 4 kingdoms.   We except Rellgar who was in survival mode most the game and DuPont who was fighting up to three others at a time.

He laid the wood to my DA, had three emmies left...

I was attacked by DuPont from the very start. I fought on and never surrendered. I had a sanctuary with both kingdoms, but never needed them. My goal all game was to keep DuPont from winning. I succeeded.

(03-09-2019, 06:48 PM)RELLGAR Wrote: I was attacked by DuPont from the very start. I fought on and never surrendered. I had a sanctuary with both kingdoms, but never needed them. My goal all game was to keep DuPont from winning. I succeeded.

Those that complain they get attacked all the time should learn if you stay in and fight you are less likely to get attacked early the next time.  I know I avoid an early fight with Rellgar or DuPont for that matter

I was really surprised I was able to draft the RD/IL combo. With a position like that, it really makes sense to go for the 7/8 combo so Rellgar is right - I did go right after him. I was able to quickly overcome him in 7 and then went after him in 4. Meanwhile, the PI was flitting around and I was doing my best not to provoke him as I didn't want to get into fighting two foes at the same time. The GN/SO was doing a good job of protecting the GN's new capital in 4 and I wanted to take some time to recruit from Pheonix brigades and pick up a few artifacts. When I returned, he'd really beefed up the defense of his capital. I sieged it and should have had it, but on the third turn, I did not order an attack on one of his patrols. I thought even if he attacked me with temporary spectors, he would not win - I forgot that an undefended attack makes you go 'entrenched' and that killed my siege. To then try to siege again would be exposing my RD troops to too many Sorcerer summon death spells so I realized it was not worth the price of taking it. I had found the SO capital in the sea and built an IL fleet - using an invisible group, I got that capital. Also, the PI chose to drop and I got his hidden capital, which was also in the sea. At that point, I felt it was best to leave the SO/GN and move on.
I had wanted to be friends with the AN/DA and had been very careful not to antagonize them. But early on, he decided to shut down the High Council - reflexively voting against anything I proposed, even things like denigrates against the SO, not just ones that boosted my numbers. The DU/DE team was fighting the BL/NE so I decided to go after the AN/DA. The SO/GN was a bit of a nuisance, but they also provided me with a few fools as I kept kidnapping them. At the end of the game, each of my kings had four fools making them happy. I also wound up assassinating all the GN wizards.
But the DA/AN and I fought each other to a standstill. Also, the DE/DU team kept randomly attacking me, though several times I landed on pop centers (including cities) which they had taken the turn before and I simply flew on, wanting them to remain strong to fight the BL/NE. My hope was, if I could overcome the AN/DA, I would have four regions, would be able to get back #4 without too much trouble and then perhaps snag 5 or 6. Alas, the BL/NE was able to gain the advantage over the DU/DE and the writing was on the wall. I felt I had an outside chance of seeing the game go to turn 40 (though I was sure the BL/NE team would still win) but of course, the AN/DA wasn't about to back off and the DE kept screwing with me as well, much to my annoyance! Big Grin
It was a very fun game, though, I enjoyed the hell out of it. Contrats to Draugar for the win. There is one last 3rd cycle game being played, though.

(03-10-2019, 06:04 AM)DuPont Wrote: I was really surprised I was able to draft the RD/IL combo. With a position like that, it really makes sense to go for the 7/8 combo so Rellgar is right - I did go right after him. I was able to quickly overcome him in 7 and then went after him in 4. Meanwhile, the PI was flitting around and I was doing my best not to provoke him as I didn't want to get into fighting two foes at the same time. The GN/SO was doing a good job of protecting the GN's new capital in 4 and I wanted to take some time to recruit from Pheonix brigades and pick up a few artifacts. When I returned, he'd really beefed up the defense of his capital. I sieged it and should have had it, but on the third turn, I did not order an attack on one of his patrols. I thought even if he attacked me with temporary spectors, he would not win - I forgot that an undefended attack makes you go 'entrenched' and that killed my siege. To then try to siege again would be exposing my RD troops to too many Sorcerer summon death spells so I realized it was not worth the price of taking it. I had found the SO capital in the sea and built an IL fleet - using an invisible group, I got that capital. Also, the PI chose to drop and I got his hidden capital, which was also in the sea. At that point, I felt it was best to leave the SO/GN and move on.
I had wanted to be friends with the AN/DA and had been very careful not to antagonize them. But early on, he decided to shut down the High Council - reflexively voting against anything I proposed, even things like denigrates against the SO, not just ones that boosted my numbers. The DU/DE team was fighting the BL/NE so I decided to go after the AN/DA. The SO/GN was a bit of a nuisance, but they also provided me with a few fools as I kept kidnapping them. At the end of the game, each of my kings had four fools making them happy. I also wound up assassinating all the GN wizards.
But the DA/AN and I fought each other to a standstill. Also, the DE/DU team kept randomly attacking me, though several times I landed on pop centers (including cities) which they had taken the turn before and I simply flew on, wanting them to remain strong to fight the BL/NE. My hope was, if I could overcome the AN/DA, I would have four regions, would be able to get back #4 without too much trouble and then perhaps snag 5 or 6. Alas, the BL/NE was able to gain the advantage over the DU/DE and the writing was on the wall. I felt I had an outside chance of seeing the game go to turn 40 (though I was sure the BL/NE team would still win) but of course, the AN/DA wasn't about to back off and the DE kept screwing with me as well, much to my annoyance! Big Grin
It was a very fun game, though, I enjoyed the hell out of it. Contrats to Draugar for the win. There is one last 3rd cycle game being played, though.

Nice write up Dupont.

I had the Warlock and the Pirates.  By the end of turn 7, the Pirates had been attacked in one form or another by 7 of the 10 opposing kingdoms.  They had been subject to at least six denigrations, multiple enemy declarations, outright attacks, usurptations, sleep spells.  This with the Pirates having never so much have moved a single emissary to any city.  Then the Sorcerer, whose co kingdom the Gnomes had been immediately attacked by the Red Dragons and Illusionist and was rocked on his heels, looking like elimination was possible without a concerted effort from the team and the player seemed to focus his two kingdom's efforts on my Pirates who were just trying to gain a foothold somewhere, with the mental coup de gras to my mind being that while in full retreat, early in the game the Sorcerer had a wizard capable of Dome of Invulnerability and used it to stop the Pirates from taking a village.  Wow.  Later, the Druid and Sorcerer simultaneously arrived in The Talking Mountains out of the blue and wrecked the Warlock who had been engaged in skirmishes with the Demon Princes and others.  The Druid dropped a little later.  This was a game for my side best forgotten.  And it was to my philosophy, if you've played through twelve turns you are no longer an early drop, and you're free to lick your wounds and find a new adventure that resets the table and puts a smile back on your face of all the possibilities again laid open.