Nature
Follow This Easy Process To Get Started Playing Alamaze
Step #1 - Register for Forum Account      Step #2 - Create New Player Account      Step #3 - Sign In  (to issue turn orders and join games)
ATTENTION: After Creating Player Account and Signing In, select the GAME QUEUE link in the Order System screen to Create or Join games.
Alamaze Website                 Search Forum              Contact Support@Alamaze.net

Player Aids             Rulebook             Spellbook             Help Guides             Kingdom Set-Ups             Kingdom Abbreviations             Valhalla             Discord

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Maelstrom Test Game
(01-18-2019, 04:52 AM)Ry Vor Wrote:
(01-18-2019, 04:16 AM)PTRILEY Wrote: Well actually my capital is in tempest sea according to that map you just posted?  The map I have shows the seas swapped  tempest is where azure is and vise versa?

How about the map that is in the game that just started?  Does it not show region names or sea names?  If so, we'll have to see if that works well given players will have access to the attached map.  But if not, we'll have to change the image out for an in-game map with the regional names.

No the attached map   No names or boundaries

Playing the Pirates in the Sword Coast region. Exciting stuff!

Items to review/correct on Pirate Turn Sheet 0
1) Still listed as Pirates of "AVALON" and Beyond when no more city of Avalon
2) Pirate capital is not on a water square NOR on a coastal square; perhaps intended now that Pirates starting region is defined instead of random across 4 seas???
3) Under Navies section, Quality still listed with a Max of 16 but 3 of my 5 Navies start at Quality 17. I do LOVE starting with Trireme DREADNAUGHTS in all 5 Seas. Nobody was planning on issuing any 710 orders on T1 were they (can you say..... Sea Patrol?) Smile Pirates (Sword Coast region) start with 23 total ships across 5 Seas all of Quality 16 or 17!!!!
4) I see my 11 starting Influence but nothing about Rulership.
5) No new spells on Pirate spell list for P1 and P2

Playing the Pirates in the Sword Coast region.

Items to review/correct on Pirate Kingdom Set-up
1) Seafaring trait still references 2nd Cycle
2) Still referenced as Pirates of Avalon on first page, in Special Rules section, and in Military Dossier section
3) No new spells listed in Pirate spell list
4) Northmen, Westmen, and Zamorans only require a Captain to recruit? no minimum # of brigades? Same with Stormgate Guard; only requires General?
5) Max per group for recruiting Knights of Styx is -1 value in Companion Brigade section (but listed as Unlimited in Recruitable section above); intended that they can be recruited both in PC and in wild?
6) Pirates start with a Viking brigade but then can't recruit them in Sword Coast region?
7) Reinforcement Schedule now goes to Turn 40? How long is a normal game now? 50 Turns?
8) Subjective Ratings Methodology section still references 2nd Cycle; this entire section because it is always the same for all kingdoms in all games could just be a posted table on the website/forum/player aid and then removed from the set-up sheet altogether (nice paper saver for those of us that print out our turns).

(01-18-2019, 03:54 AM)Ry Vor Wrote: The map image is too large to paste here, but attached is the Map of The Maelstrom.

Can this be provided in a Powerpoint format like prior Resurgent map was?

(01-18-2019, 03:36 AM)PTRILEY Wrote:
(01-18-2019, 03:34 AM)Ry Vor Wrote:
(01-18-2019, 03:31 AM)PTRILEY Wrote:
(01-18-2019, 03:13 AM)Ry Vor Wrote:
(01-18-2019, 02:21 AM)PTRILEY Wrote: Also I have four fleets in tempest with no pop center in region, and a water capital in my capital region with no fleets “0”.   So stranded?

What specifics - kingdom, capital region, which seas do you have fleets and how many?

Fleets generally are assigned by capital region and can be modified by kingdom or trait.

My fleets (4) are in the tempest sea in Pellinor.  My capital region is Triumvia, with no fleets.  My capital is in the sea in Triumvia and I have no fleets.  I have no population centers in Pellinor.[/b][/font][/size][/color]

What is the kingdom?
SA  sacred order

The SA had fleets at their capital but then someone noticed the naked mermaid figurehead on the bow of the ship and they burned them down for being heretical.

(01-18-2019, 05:51 AM)IMPERIAL_TARK Wrote:
(01-18-2019, 03:54 AM)Ry Vor Wrote: The map image is too large to paste here, but attached is the Map of The Maelstrom.

Let me see....

Attached Files
.pptx   Maelstrom.pptx (Size: 2.5 MB / Downloads: 13)

I'll try to resolve some of the reported issues over the weekend. When you post something, always include your kingdom because I don't know what kingdom you're talking about to look up things.

I haven't looked over the kingdoms yet but I sent Rick all of the turn 0 files for his review. 

Just at random, I opened up the Lizard Men and was a bit taken from his 1st group. It's pretty big on turn 0 (see attachments). For claiming Mythgar, he got two brigades. Add kingdom customization at the end of turn 1 for additional troops and/or items to boost combat/movement, that will be one tough group to deal with early in the game. Sure, it's in the marsh but still... I guess Lizard Men are huge in Maelstrom as shown in my second attachment...

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(01-18-2019, 01:00 PM)Ry Vor Wrote:

Let me see....

Rick, can I have a map with borders, region names, but no city names or icons? If so then the map snapshot may look better. I'll see if I can reformat the new version to be the map snapshot background for the players.

(01-18-2019, 03:08 PM)unclemike Wrote:

Let me see....

Rick, can I have a map with borders, region names, but no city names or icons? If so then the map snapshot may look better. I'll see if I can reformat the new version to be the map snapshot background for the players.

Could you include  sea names as well please?

(01-18-2019, 03:13 PM)Wookie Panz Wrote:
(01-18-2019, 03:08 PM)unclemike Wrote:

Let me see....

Could you include  sea names as well please?

I can add sea names in the tool tip pop up display. Region names and terrain are already there but I can add sea names as well.