Nature
Follow This Easy Process To Get Started Playing Alamaze
Step #1 - Register for Forum Account      Step #2 - Create New Player Account      Step #3 - Sign In  (to issue turn orders and join games)
ATTENTION: After Creating Player Account and Signing In, select the GAME QUEUE link in the Order System screen to Create or Join games.
Alamaze Website                 Search Forum              Contact Support@Alamaze.net

Player Aids             Rulebook             Spellbook             Help Guides             Kingdom Set-Ups             Kingdom Abbreviations             Valhalla             Discord

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What use is Wall of Flame?
So I throw Wall of Flame against a SA army group. They saunter through it, and take a total of 1.16% casualties! Does this spell actually do anything?

It keeps them from flanking you or using other special attacks on you.

(12-06-2018, 01:42 PM)Eregnon Wrote: So I throw Wall of Flame against a SA army group. They saunter through it, and take a total of 1.16% casualties! Does this spell actually do anything?
But at least they were naked during the battle!

And check your battle report carefully. If they won in the archery or magic phase, then they never actually had to bring their troops through the wall if I understand it correctly.

Wall of flame stops fights if both side issue tac 2 or less. But as Vball has said the spell actually takes effect during the magic phase for damage purposes. And then from what I have seen kills 1 or 2 brigades. It does not seem to be a % loss. So an army group would suffer a lower % loss than a division.

It should be about 20% losses before any adjustments, like a kingdom having battle magic resistance.  When the battle gets to that point. 

The point made that (as the Gray Mouser found out) Wall of Flame happens after missile rounds, so if you retreat from missile fire your Wall never forms.

Don't they have to get through the wall in order to fire missiles?

No, they can just fire over the wall of flame.

Is the missile phase before or after the yank your kilt up and moon them phase?

Freeeeeeeedoom!

Its before and after