Nature
Follow This Easy Process To Get Started Playing Alamaze
Step #1 - Register for Forum Account      Step #2 - Create New Player Account      Step #3 - Sign In  (to issue turn orders and join games)
ATTENTION: After Creating Player Account and Signing In, select the GAME QUEUE link in the Order System screen to Create or Join games.
Alamaze Website                 Search Forum              Contact Support@Alamaze.net

Player Aids             Rulebook             Spellbook             Help Guides             Kingdom Set-Ups             Kingdom Abbreviations             Valhalla             Discord

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game 5071
Since I saw the BL do it on turn 39 and still have groups in multiple of my would be regions.  Removing enemy status purely to lower the other players total status points is frowned on.  And was even mentioned that if it ever actually made a difference in end game, the results may have to be modified,

In this case likely not to matter since the 6 vs 2 is going so well.

Agreed. That is not an appropriate use of the enemy/ally order.

Firstly, congrats on making this team game last until 40. That's pretty rare for a team game.

About the enemy/ally declarations situation, players are actually allowed to do such with the intent of raising/lowering another's status points before game's end. When this subject was brought up more than a year or two ago, there was a call to eliminate declarations for status points to avoid these kind of issues but Rick wanted them to count and decided to limit the enemy declarations to two as the solution.

So even though it may cause some concern, players actually do have the option to artificially adjust another kingdom's status points by this means...

Forgot to mention that I'm not in this game nor would I recommend players to artificially adjust status points thru this means because it tarnishes one's reputation but it is technically allowed.

I would also add that it's no different than a player deliberately NOT declaring someone an enemy so as to avoid giving them points even when they are locked in combat. Same result. Pot calling the kettle black!

(12-28-2017, 02:32 PM)IMPERIAL_TARK Wrote: I would also add that it's no different than a player deliberately NOT declaring someone an enemy so as to avoid giving them points even when they are locked in combat.  Same result.  Pot calling the kettle black!

First off there is a difference.   You choose to gain the benefit of a declared enemy but then even though still your enemy you are turning it off because of points.  Where not declaring you gain no benefit but give no reward to the other team.   

Secondly if you look at the enemy/ally board I have two enemies declared.  Sorry I could only declare two of the six players I am fighting.  He also has taken more regions from me than you have so likely the enemy is in the right place.  My kingdom with no regions has no enemies declared(why would he)

JD definately has other enemies, lol

(12-28-2017, 05:48 PM)JonDoe Wrote:
(12-28-2017, 02:32 PM)IMPERIAL_TARK Wrote: I would also add that it's no different than a player deliberately NOT declaring someone an enemy so as to avoid giving them points even when they are locked in combat.  Same result.  Pot calling the kettle black!

First off there is a difference.   You choose to gain the benefit of a declared enemy but then even though still your enemy you are turning it off because of points.  Where not declaring you gain no benefit but give no reward to the other team.   

Secondly if you look at the enemy/ally board I have two enemies declared.  Sorry I could only declare two of the six players I am fighting.  He also has taken more regions from me than you have so likely the enemy is in the right place.  My kingdom with no regions has no enemies declared(why would he)

You gained points on the Turn 36 status points when you were declared an enemy by me (and you didn't complain then when it benefitted you, now did you?!!!!!!). You chose not to declare me an enemy when I was your main competitor the entire second half of the game. So since you did not reciprocate, I have returned you to neutral as well to be even/fair. So in the end, you actually gained points on Turn 36 and I did not so you technically still have the advantage. And now you actually want to complain... no correct that, you actually want to have the outcome of the game changed for a LEGAL play. What a crybaby! If you didn't want it to come down to status points, then take 6 regions. But don't go crying to UM to throw the game because a player made a perfectly LEGAL play.

In the end did not matter. I declared my own teammate enemy so net effect was 400 points which were not close enough to catch up to Tark. Still cheese ball move but whatever. Maybe I will bother to dig up the post and see if it says how I remember reading it.

As for cry baby....I did not complain about AN / RD not declaring me enemy or that NE still had you declared. My only thing was you purposely undeclaring Enemy to manipulate status.

(12-29-2017, 01:12 AM)JonDoe Wrote: In the end did not matter.   I declared my own teammate enemy so net effect was 400 points which were not close enough to catch up to Tark.   Still cheese ball move but whatever.    Maybe I will bother to dig up the post and see if it says how I remember reading it.

As for cry baby....I did not complain about AN / RD not declaring me enemy or that NE still had you declared.    My only thing was you purposely undeclaring Enemy to manipulate status.

ROFL... so let get this straight. You complain because I make a perfectly legal move and then you turn around and have your OWN Confederation kingdom declare your other Confederation kingdom an enemy so you can try and win that way. If there is a word even more all encompassing then HYPOCRITE, then I'd like to know what it is because you sir qualify. I can't believe you even started this silly thread and make accusations of me when you have reached the height of HYPOCRISY by declaring yourself an enemy for the points!

So VballMichael was what JonDoe did an appropriate use of an ally/enemy order?