Nature
Follow This Easy Process To Get Started Playing Alamaze
Step #1 - Register for Forum Account      Step #2 - Create New Player Account      Step #3 - Sign In  (to issue turn orders and join games)
ATTENTION: After Creating Player Account and Signing In, select the GAME QUEUE link in the Order System screen to Create or Join games.
Alamaze Website                 Search Forum              Contact Support@Alamaze.net

Player Aids             Rulebook             Spellbook             Help Guides             Kingdom Set-Ups             Kingdom Abbreviations             Valhalla             Discord

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game 5070 warlords
Guys, I have dropped the SO, GN, BL.  Game has been no fun since it went down to 3 so early, even though I did find both the hidden Capitols for the DU and the UN.

I don't know what I can do to stop drops in Warlords.  It seems like every time a Warlords or Alliance game is forming I beg to not drop as in those formats it wrecks the game for the others, and you have to be at least at Commander Level to be involved.  I've also said only very experienced players should consider Warlords.  One idea might be besides having to be at Commander, you have to have X number of points in Valhalla.

Anyway, if you guys want to reform instead of continuing, those who were in this game will not be charged for the next setup.

I am willing to reform.
I know it is hard to stick if you lose 1 kingdom. I played in 5018 the Wild warlords as SO, NE, and WA. I had the AM and CI in my starting regions, got down to 1 pc for the NE, 2 for the SO and Talking Mountains. As I had all the major Wizard kingdoms, I managed to stick around and finish second. May have done better, but got no indication that a team had dropped as they did not post to forum.
Knowledge is all I ask for in these low player formats. Real life happens, and I know at some point a player may need to drop. I just reask all of US to show some consideration for those other players who also love this format.

(10-26-2017, 09:42 PM)Ohman the heartless Wrote: I am willing to reform.
   I know it is hard to stick if you lose 1 kingdom.  I played in 5018 the Wild warlords as SO, NE, and WA.  I had the AM and CI in my starting regions, got down to 1 pc for the NE, 2 for the SO and Talking Mountains.  As I had all the major Wizard kingdoms, I managed to stick around and finish second.  May have done better, but got no indication that a team had dropped as they did not post to forum.
  Knowledge is all I ask for in these low player formats.  Real life happens, and I know at some point a player may need to drop.  I just reask all of US to show some consideration for those other players who also love this format.

I, too, am willing to reform the game.  An early drop is no good in this format.  I do not understand why a player cannot play to at least turn 15.

I don't follow the active games closely, I mainly rely on Valhalla for design changes, but Alamaze almost requires a stepped approach.  1st, play the new tutorial.  2nd, play a Duel.  3rd, play Primeval.  4th, then play either Alliance or Full-On.  Then you can try Anonymous if you like, or another Alliance or Full-On.  Maybe several more.  Only then are you ready for Confederations or Confluence (where you control two kingdoms).  Only after that should you try Warlords.  And when you do, don't drop.  It's almost like don't commit a crime.

I am okay with reforming. With the drop of the SO/GN/BL I could 'win' the game by default but what's the fun in that?

(10-27-2017, 02:09 PM)DuPont Wrote: I am okay with reforming. With the drop of the SO/GN/BL I could 'win' the game by default but what's the fun in that?

OK, its back in your guys hands and I believe you need a fourth.  Then just create the game.  Given what's happened, the fourth can also play without setup fee, but must be an experienced player who does not drop.