Nature
Follow This Easy Process To Get Started Playing Alamaze
Step #1 - Register for Forum Account      Step #2 - Create New Player Account      Step #3 - Sign In  (to issue turn orders and join games)
ATTENTION: After Creating Player Account and Signing In, select the GAME QUEUE link in the Order System screen to Create or Join games.
Alamaze Website                 Search Forum              Contact Support@Alamaze.net

Player Aids             Rulebook             Spellbook             Help Guides             Kingdom Set-Ups             Kingdom Abbreviations             Valhalla             Discord

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kickstarter
I have only been here for a few games but already I can see that the size of the player base is an issue. 

I really think you should consider using Kickstarter to drum up some attention for the Maelstrom. Maybe you could even list the full graphical map/order site as a stretch goal. The game can be tons of fun but at its heart (IMHO) diplomacy is the gem that makes it shine.  Most of the games seem to be starting as silent or anonymous because of the small population. 

Imagine if there were 500 players instead if 50...

I know you realize this... but I just wanted to throw out the Kickstarter idea again.  I'm pretty sure you pay nothing unless you reach your funding goal and then they take a percent(6?) as their fee.  Even if the campaign failed but you had a few dozen more people join it would be a success.

(07-21-2017, 11:18 PM)Calidor Wrote: I have only been here for a few games but already I can see that the size of the player base is an issue. 

I really think you should consider using Kickstarter to drum up some attention for the Maelstrom. Maybe you could even list the full graphical map/order site as a stretch goal. The game can be tons of fun but at its heart (IMHO) diplomacy is the gem that makes it shine.  Most of the games seem to be starting as silent or anonymous because of the small population. 

Imagine if there were 500 players instead if 50...

I know you realize this... but I just wanted to throw out the Kickstarter idea again.  I'm pretty sure you pay nothing unless you reach your funding goal and then they take a percent(6?) as their fee.  Even if the campaign failed but you had a few dozen more people join it would be a success.

Should I work on Kickstarter, or repatriating former players, or working on Maelstrom, or the Alamaze Tutorial?

What I would ask is everyone active knows an inactive player.  Get them back active.

Where is Vball?

(07-22-2017, 01:26 AM)RELLGAR Wrote: Where is Vball?

Yes, he wanted a bit of a sabbatical.  But we have 200+ other players that know the game, just need a reason to come back, and hearing from you could make the difference. 

Come on, get the sabbaticals back or bring in a new player and mentor them.  Yes, not your job, but its good for everyone.  It's very hard to reach brand new players.