Nature
Follow This Easy Process To Get Started Playing Alamaze
Step #1 - Register for Forum Account      Step #2 - Create New Player Account      Step #3 - Sign In  (to issue turn orders and join games)
ATTENTION: After Creating Player Account and Signing In, select the GAME QUEUE link in the Order System screen to Create or Join games.
Alamaze Website                 Search Forum              Contact Support@Alamaze.net

Player Aids             Rulebook             Spellbook             Help Guides             Kingdom Set-Ups             Kingdom Abbreviations             Valhalla             Discord

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Night attack
Could someone explain this to me?

"The Cimmerians launched a night attack! The
effect of missiles would be reduced, especially to the Elven and the ability to command
and organize retreat if needed would be very difficult for them."

and at the conclusion of the battle:

Losses to the Elven had risen above expectations: Marshal Ori Elfblade ordered the
retreat. Losses in retreat for the Elven were negligible.

Am I correct in assuming that a night attack actually has no effect on the enemies ability to retreat? Or is it completely negated if they have a marshal or higher?

I'd also like to know why, if it's a night attack, the battle started "At the first light of
dawn".

I'm not sure if I have ever engaged in a night attack in all my time of playing. I wish I could add some insight here, but I don't have any experience with it

This is the 2nd report i have read about this subject. I havent tried this tactic yet either. And the passage about the battle starting at first light is just standard text that hasnt changed to take into account the tactic.

(05-06-2017, 02:28 AM)Thunderb0lt Wrote: This is the 2nd report i have read about this subject. I havent tried this tactic yet either. And the passage about the battle starting at first light is just standard text that hasnt changed to take into account the tactic.

yes.  Not all battle text gets updated, its a difficult assignment.  Night tactic works, even if the pre battle text says dawn.