Nature
Follow This Easy Process To Get Started Playing Alamaze
Step #1 - Register for Forum Account      Step #2 - Create New Player Account      Step #3 - Sign In  (to issue turn orders and join games)
ATTENTION: After Creating Player Account and Signing In, select the GAME QUEUE link in the Order System screen to Create or Join games.
Alamaze Website                 Search Forum              Contact Support@Alamaze.net

Player Aids             Rulebook             Spellbook             Help Guides             Kingdom Set-Ups             Kingdom Abbreviations             Valhalla             Discord

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
New Full Diplomacy Game (Take Two)
Going once, going twice.....

If we don't get two more by this evening, we'll start as a 10 player game with no dispersed.  If we get one more, we'll wait for the 12th.

So we need to line up a volunteer Draft Master.

Will be my first draft so since this is not anonymous will the draft master just give us the order and we post our choices on the forum?

(03-16-2017, 06:21 PM)Calidor Wrote: Will be my first draft so since this is not anonymous will the draft master just give us the order and we post our choices on the forum?

Sounds like a plan.  We have a starting order IMP_Tahrk posted.  Just need someone to generate a random order of numbers 1 - 10.   Any one of us can then plug in the names

Houston we have a problem. A dispersed kingdom was what I wanted to try and play. If we go with 10 then I'm out. 

Rellgar

(03-16-2017, 08:56 PM)RELLGAR Wrote: Houston we have a problem. A dispersed kingdom was what I wanted to try and play. If we go with 10 then I'm out. 

Rellgar

Well then if we get one more, he will be 10th and replace Rellgar.  If we get two more, Rellgar stays in and we have the full 12. But Rellgar, there is still no guarantee you will land a dispersed kingdom, you realize.

Couldn't we just let him play a dispersed with his commitment that he goes to region 5 and until he claims that region he cannot expand elsewhere?

Unless someone is chomping at the bit for the SA/BL. But I suspect that will be a last pick for players.

(03-16-2017, 11:30 PM)Atuan Wrote: Couldn't we just let him play a dispersed with his commitment that he goes to region 5 and until he claims that region he cannot expand elsewhere?

Unless someone is chomping at the bit for the SA/BL.  But I suspect that will be a last pick for players.

I would be fine with that.
Rellgar

Well, I don't know that one player can speak for all the others as which kingdoms they might choose and where they can or cannot attack.  Maybe someone else wants the Red Dragons, or the Sacred Order.

I'm not interested in going down that convoluted road we did a few games back.  Everyone has the same rights.

We need one more unless Rellgar wants to change his mind and be in line for a selection like the others.

Do we have someone that can just assign the players to a sequence using a random number selection and sort?  Just volunteer here, say your method, then post the results once either Rellgar says he'll draft or someone joins to replace him.

I agree with your thought process Ry... just stating if everyone is agreeable we could have one position called d1/d2/5 and you play that position in region 5. Everyone has the same option to pick it before rellgar. Should they be ahead of him in the draft. If the other 8 players are agreeable to that we solve our problem.