Nature
Follow This Easy Process To Get Started Playing Alamaze
Step #1 - Register for Forum Account      Step #2 - Create New Player Account      Step #3 - Sign In  (to issue turn orders and join games)
ATTENTION: After Creating Player Account and Signing In, select the GAME QUEUE link in the Order System screen to Create or Join games.
Alamaze Website                 Search Forum              Contact Support@Alamaze.net

Player Aids             Rulebook             Spellbook             Help Guides             Kingdom Set-Ups             Kingdom Abbreviations             Valhalla             Discord

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lothe, Despise, HATE this new rule change!!!
UM
My question is if you capture a hidden pc, can you then use a 355 order to relocate your capitol to your OWNED hidden pc?
In Game 533 that just ended, my team mate lost his hidden capitol to an enemy. Then recaptured the same pc, and once again located his capitol back there. I think at the time, this was his only remaining town. Would your captured non hidden Capitol not relocate to this hidden pc, if it were your most populace?

The other component of changes to the rules or code is that we tend to get a handful of players upset who say they planned their strategy on essentially an exploit or an out-of-balance situation.  So for the January Changes we gave notice and a few people still were not happy, so we try to restrict changes until a new release.

As I said earlier, I never thought of blind relocating L1 agents as a way to get around having to do an L4 recon. 

When I first coded Alamaze in Symphony 30+ years ago, it took some effort to figure plotting movement, the movement points by terrain, force march, the differences between kingdoms, Pursue, Intercept, etc.  But the real problem was identifying all the diabolical things players could do.  Move this group twice.  Move another kingdom's group.  Move an inactive group.  Exceed movement allowance.  

Anyway, that said, I think Alamaze may be unique in taking into account and acting on player input.  Players might change house rules casually in their friendly poker game, but is there a commercial game that acts on players requests like we have done in Alamaze that I don't know about?

The last large patch goes a long way to support your claim Ry Vor. I saw it as almost 100% player driven. Although I may not have liked all the items. They were what the players asked for. I totally respected the approach taken and applaud you for your efforts.

(03-07-2017, 12:51 AM)Ohman the heartless Wrote: UM
  My question is if you capture a hidden pc, can you then use a 355 order to relocate your capitol to your OWNED hidden pc?
In Game 533 that just ended, my team mate lost his hidden capitol to an enemy.  Then recaptured the same pc, and once again located his capitol back there.  I think at the time, this was his only remaining town.  Would your captured non hidden Capitol not relocate to this hidden pc, if it were your most populace?

Capital relocation is determined by the next highest pc defense, not census.

Relocate capital is order 355 so it would be allowed to one of your hidden pc's. Only move/gate (orders 350/351) is restricted. Nothing else. We could make the exception for moving one's own emissaries to a hidden pc (as Vball mentioned). That's not difficult to do.

I believe you need to allow own kingdoms the ability to move to their own hidden PCs. Otherwise 390 is going to be a huge problem for those kingdoms.

What about adding a new order that recalls any one Emmisarry or agent, even a HP to your capital?  It recalls the figure back to the kingdoms current capital  PC, no matter the range  and cost the starded movement cost of the figure. This would be a useful  order and solve the hidden capital movement problem of the owner moving Emmisarries  and agents back to there hidden capital.  What do you think Rick, UM? 

Rellgar

I read that JF had lost 2 princes and a count and thought - Hey, at least this hasn't happened to me.

Opened my turn today and found out that I killed my own prince with a keying error.   Bummer...

Of all the solutions so far, I think I like the idea of the first time (each turn) that one of your emmys/agents attempts to re-locate to a non-PC, they simply come back to base (like it used to be). But if you have more than 1 of these occur per turn, then those beyond the first are subjected to the 50% death rate (you could even make it higher....66%). That way, you're cut some slack for a mis-keyed order or an unexpected razed PC, but if you fling emmys/agents in to the void, many/most of them aren't coming back.

is it random or is your highest protected?

If I move a couple of agents to a destroyed town, would it be random on who was killed? or would my lower level agents die?

(03-10-2017, 01:05 AM)Hawk_ Wrote: I Would not  worry about punishing players with typos.  If we are making that many errors you will probably beat us anyway.

I would be more concerned with maintaining the player base so you have opponents to play.

I agree here.   A solution that just makes it not worthwhile to use emmies as scouts is best.   Not one that punishes to harshly an honest mistake.

If I were to vote I would go with charging more gold.   But make the gold come off the following turn so you do not take away all the spy or train wizard commands for that turn.   Because this is only punishing the mistakes.  Someone doing it on purpose would already plan for it.  I know 2x the cost is already enough to deter me.   Maybe add 3k for an agent because 2x 500 would not deter me other than it is viewed as an exploit now.