Nature
Follow This Easy Process To Get Started Playing Alamaze
Step #1 - Register for Forum Account      Step #2 - Create New Player Account      Step #3 - Sign In  (to issue turn orders and join games)
ATTENTION: After Creating Player Account and Signing In, select the GAME QUEUE link in the Order System screen to Create or Join games.
Alamaze Website                 Search Forum              Contact Support@Alamaze.net

Player Aids             Rulebook             Spellbook             Help Guides             Kingdom Set-Ups             Kingdom Abbreviations             Valhalla             Discord

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Diary of my next game
Rick would you be OK with me keeping and then posting a diary of the soon to be launched 2nd Cut Throat Primeval game?  I would like to document my orders, thoughts behind them and results.  I would not post anything until the game ended so as not to influence the game outcome but I think this could help newer players to come after me.   It would also be great if other vet players would take the time to comment on it and give some advice on what I could/should have done differently (and maybe explain why).   Alamaze is such an intricate game that I think it's hard for newer guys to really pick up on some parts.  

If you think it's a good idea I will start with the first turn... just let me know which forum you think would be most appropriate (Also could I include my turn results?)

PS- If other players in this game wanted to do something similar I think that would be great too! Get a view of the game and the strategies from multiple viewpoints.

Perfectly fine and applaud the idea.  I don't see any reason to wait - just post as the game goes on as you can without revealing what you don't wish to. 

It would especially be helpful to post your mistakes, if you don't mind.  Kind of how you are gaining understanding as you progress through your turns: I thought this, but then realized that, kind of thing.

If you could also report your diplomacy with others, perhaps without naming them, then new players can see the value in diplomacy and how to learn things about Alamaze.

I did that once for a game I won. Listed orders and thoughts for each turn. In Valhalla section somewhere  :/. Will try to find it. Rangers or Darkelf I think.

(02-02-2017, 10:50 PM)Ry Vor Wrote: Perfectly fine and applaud the idea.  I don't see any reason to wait - just post as the game goes on as you can without revealing what you don't wish to. 

It would especially be helpful to post your mistakes, if you don't mind.  Kind of how you are gaining understanding as you progress through your turns: I thought this, but then realized that, kind of thing.

If you could also report your diplomacy with others, perhaps without naming them, then new players can see the value in diplomacy and how to learn things about Alamaze.

This is forum only diplomacy and just on every 3 turns so no secrets there.  I will follow up with my thoughts behind my posting though.   I will likely wait at least a few turns (Maybe on Turn 5 post my Turn 1 thoughts etc...) otherwise I think I will give away not just my secrets but potentially those of other players.  I am documenting as I go though.  I already have my "pre-game" thoughts down.  And don't worry.. I will document my many missteps for others to learn from! Smile

Just an update that this is going well. As I am documenting all my orders plus some locations of PCs etc I will not be uploading until my game finishes. I only hope I have not gone into too much detail that it makes it cumbersome for someone to give me advice. I think I'm at 20 pages worth of diary and it's only Turn Results 4 Smile I may start to condense some as we go forward but at the start I want to describe WHY I am making certain moves and what my goals are.

Hopefully those that follow can benefit either way though.

I have started to post this in the Tips and Tricks section. feel free to move it to whatever section you think is most appropriate.